Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rescue Mission Targets Should Defend Themselves

StallordD

The rescue mission targets seem to be carrying a small pistol (or they were the last time I checked) and they never use the dang thing. They should be able to fire at enemies with a weak stun charge that has a slow rate of fire so they don't feel like such dead weight. Maybe they could also be a bit better at escaping enemy fire instead of standing there and taking it. The only issue I could think of that this would cause is that the target might not prioritize escape and may focus on shooting the enemies or doing crazy dive rolls. Basically I want the captive to feel more like a fellow Tenno as opposed to a brick with a health bar.

this would open it up for alot of people to rush these missions, as these are the only current missions people need to fear failing due to rushing through, i cant see it happening thought, as he is generally a civilian not a tenno (in most descriptions)

The mechanics of the carry need to be changed anyways though. As is, the AI is so bad it will actually stand there and let mobs shoot/stab/bite/whatever it to death, even when I'm slashing through crowds trying to save its sorry &#!... At least give me a mechanic to have the carry go hide somewhere, or stay close instead of wandering off into the middle of that fire fight I'm having with all those Corpus walkers...

But then hostage would draw aggro bud,and i cant imagine him  defending against aggroed infesteds xD

As it stands he does a pretty good job of drawing aggro himself. At least a pistol would make it seem a little more fair.

First improve the pathing AI so it doesn't get stuck in a corner trying to reach you.

Second make it work like a weaker Shade sentinel. Only attacks stuff that attacks it first. That removes the risk of drawing (even more) aggro.