The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggested Rhino Tweak

CombatPastor

I had an idea to improve Rhino's scalability into late game.

I think Rhino's Iron Skin should make him invincible for 4 seconds and build up health equivalent to the damage taken during that time, plus the base amount he gets. Then Rhino pulls aggro from all enemies.

This gives his Iron Skin almost a personalized version of Snow Globe, and also allows him to function as an actual tank in game. Thoughts?

Seems a bit too powerful at first glance, but it would be nice for Rhino to be able to reclaim his old tank title.

Ironskin used to draw aggro by design, but it was removed as enemies grew more and more powerful.

Not that bad, health based on damage taken is a very good late-game mechanic because it scale well, no matter the level of the ennemies.
So why not ? 

+ 4s of invincibility can be very usefull, especially for reviving other players

I had an idea to improve Rhino's scalability into late game.

I think Rhino's Iron Skin should make him invincible for 4 seconds and build up health equivalent to the damage taken during that time, plus the base amount he gets. Then Rhino pulls aggro from all enemies.

This gives his Iron Skin almost a personalized version of Snow Globe, and also allows him to function as an actual tank in game. Thoughts?

Only thing is that having all aggro on you in warframe really sucks. They added aggro to IS before and even with the 4sec invul +health absorb he would still drop like a rock under heavy fire. Everything but the aggro is exactly how IS should be. It should function like a personal snow globe Edited by Echoa

The aggro falling on him immediately would cause the initial 4 secs of Iron Skin to build up alot of HP in a short time. This also would draw enemy fire away from the team (not perfectly - if someone is between the enemy and Rhino, they'd still get shot. This prevents it from taking Frost's position as the stationary defensive frame). 

I think Rhino's Iron Skin should also get the "increase HP based on Armor" thing from Snow Globe as well - however the skin should NOT be stackable, like Snow Globe. By causing it to not be perfectly invincible and draw aggro, it balances out the immense amount of HP Iron Skin would gain. In addition, since Iron Skin would now draw aggro, it would be a dangerous move to use during Spy missions, which seems to fit Rhino's theme and look well. Giant, bellowing, stompy Rhino doesn't exactly bring to mind the silent stealthy imagery of a ninja for me... lol

He'd basically be the anti-Ninja...the nega-Ninja. He'd be a great distraction while everyone else goes for the objectives. I don't think this playstyle is that far outside the normal usage of Rhino now. GRWAR! STOMP! Rush to objective! etc.

After seeing the Excalibur rework, and playing Chroma quite a bit, I feel that it is definitely fair for Warframes to have powerful abilities. Warframe abilities don't have to simply be minor additions to formulaic gameplay; they work just as well when they open up the game to a whole new play-style.

With that said, I feel that Iron skin should be moved to Rhino's 3rd or 4th ability slot (Not replacing stomp just trading spaces/costs), Rhino Roar should affect Iron skin's strength.

The Rhino warframe should be given the innate passive to reduce incoming damage by 5% for every enemy within 10 meters up to a maximum of 45% (9 enemies --with or without iron skin active). Iron Skin should be effected by Rhino's armor rating, and grant 4 seconds of invulnerability.

While Invulnerable Iron skin converts the accumulated damage into it's health which is then further assisted by mitigating damage through armor. Cannot be recast while active. Rhino's armor value should be brought up to a respectable amount and Iron Skin should pulse aoe threat for 30 meters every 10 seconds it is active.

Not sure if the ability should be duration based in this state or stay as it is with health being the determining factor for up-time on the ability.

Something also needs to be done with Rhino charge, but I can't exactly think of an effective change at the moment.

Edited by Grand-Dozer