Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Do Away Skill Test To Level Up Please

dlc454545

I actually really like the skill tests to level up rank and honestly the only one that was even marginally hard was the rank 8 wall running test. Just make sure you're using a good frame/weapon and leveled properly whenever starting a test.

wallrun tests 8 and 9.. out of place. i  mean there is no location in the game when you need such acrobatics.

hacking test was good though. i want such riddles in actual game. which also will make ciphers useful.

wallrun tests 8 and 9.. out of place. i  mean there is no location in the game when you need such acrobatics.

need no, of course not.

However there are many many places where such techniques permit you to traverse the maps far more quickly, and more importantly with style.

hacking test was good though. i want such riddles in actual game. which also will make ciphers useful.

need no, of course not.

However there are many many places where such techniques permit you to traverse the maps far more quickly, and more importantly with style.

I would have to agree.  I haven't encountered any places where you need to do wall running and aerial assaults, however there are many places where being ninja is far faster than simply taking the stairs/elevator, once you know the trick.  Some places can take 20-30 seconds off of your total run time if you know the short cuts.  Also who doesn't like wall diving at enemies with your melee weapon?  It's a very difficult skill to learn, but it's stronger than a sliding melee slash.

Ranks 8 and 9... out of place. I mean, there's no content in the game where you need that rank.

Past rank 4 doesn't give you access to anything. 8 and 9 may not be so out of place by the time we actually have new weapons/frames unlocked at 8 and 9.

I suck at this game, period, and I would love to say that the skill test is a pain and it should go...But I can't. While I think that a game shouldn't be challenging (highly personal opinion) the concept of the test is logical and fair. You can do it, you just need to get better. I don't like the skill tests, but there still a good idea.

@ Argoms true because game as it now is lacking content bad. members of my corporation who also play warframe were grinding levels on defense missions. i am running kiste right now, simply because there is more space and more action... and alloy... and orokin... and sometimes flow.

it is also true that after rank 4 there is no real need to level further, perhaps after update 8 we will have new weapons that will require higher ranks.

@ Feynt 20-30 seconds... wow... that IS a huge difference in my playtrhough. as for melee attack from above, look it is so personal. i like chop off legs of grineers with my scindo. or decapitate them (sort of, you know make 10 headshots... with scindo). close and personal.

also while smoking i actually found 2 locations in the same zone where you need a wallrun. but that is it. nothing more. and penalty for failure is 24 hours of blinking mastery bar. which is fine i think, given that mastery points still counts towards next rank.

Edited by Althix

I suck at this game, period, and I would love to say that the skill test is a pain and it should go...But I can't. While I think that a game shouldn't be challenging (highly personal opinion) the concept of the test is logical and fair. You can do it, you just need to get better. I don't like the skill tests, but there still a good idea.

See my point. The skill test is a pain and should not need it to lvl are avarts, because we are learning in reg game play and if it was changed. It after reach are limit on one lvl it would changed are avatar lvl automaticly for us. But no we have skill test that we are forced to take to lvl are avtars and get better which again my option stays it is stupit not needed. And i am warning everyone now if i take again and i fail i will post again a different were i will give my e-mail and password and i will some of you login as me and u will take the test for me. So heads up.

If you're failing rank tests, you clearly haven't fully grasped certain game mechanics. There is no reason why you should fail anything before rank 5 unless you don't understand how certain parts of the game work. 

l. So that is why i feel they need to change the leveling system on the avarts where we automatically ranks us up without taking a skill test to rank up. Because we are already know this while we are playing mission maps and stuff.

There is no need for this. Killing is your business. you do it every time. You have to do it under special conditions. Its like saying you dont need the final exams during university, because you already made the stuff during your time there. Doesnt make any sense either....

See my point. The skill test is a pain and should not need it to lvl are avarts, because we are learning in reg game play and if it was changed. It after reach are limit on one lvl it would changed are avatar lvl automaticly for us. But no we have skill test that we are forced to take to lvl are avtars and get better which again my option stays it is stupit not needed. And i am warning everyone now if i take again and i fail i will post again a different were i will give my e-mail and password and i will some of you login as me and u will take the test for me. So heads up.

Congratulations, you managed to completely not read what he said.

Step 1: Play the game.

Step 2: Unlock a new mastery test.

Step 3: Equip your favorite 'frame, melee wep, sidearm, and rifle. Chat with your fellow Tenno, maybe get a few pointers from a veteran who has done this test many times before.

Step 4: Enter test.

Step 5: Blow the test away.

Step 6: Earn the next rank of mastery.

I love the mastery tests, and I failed several of them at least twice. I'll continue to advocate for them regardless of how much I fail in future.

Edited by Fleetwing

Step 1: Play the game.

Step 2: Unlock a new mastery test.

Step 3: Equip your favorite 'frame, melee wep, sidearm, and rifle. Chat with your fellow Tenno, maybe get a few pointers from a veteran who has done this test many times before.

Step 4: Enter test.

Step 5: Blow the test away.

Step 6: Earn the next rank of mastery.

I love the mastery tests, and I failed several of them at least twice. I'll continue to advocate for them regardless of how much I fail in future.

Wait until 8 and 9 with their fun "auto slide to the left" bug while you're trying to wall run.

i just did the test agin for the 4th time and failed it again.

How did you manage that???  It would be helpful if you described what happened during your test. Did you stay in the circle? Or did you not run fast enough? Or did you not kill them fast enough??? The test is easy. How can you fail it 4 times???

It does not matter i failed it.now all you i should of be able to beat it. Now you see it how i am have trouble. I gave option about that should do way with skill test and you all say that i should pass it all that. Now you think what u are saying when i give a option. So if u think it so easy again here is my e-mail ********************** 0password ************** and login as me and u try the test i am whick skill test 2. Now my option is going stand that they should away with skill and change it to where are avatars will rank up automaticly, not do skill test to lvl up

You really shouldn't reveal your login details to anyone, especially not on a public forum.

I've reported your post so a moderator can delete it.

Edited by TehJumpingJawa

There is no reason to change the ranking tests at all.  Heck if anything they're way too easy.  Failing them once or twice could mean that you didn't grasp the concept of the test(possible)or were just really unlucky(plausible but highly unlikely since they're generally quite easy and shouldn't really be considered tests until you attempt to rank up to 5).  Failing these tests more than that means you aren't paying attention to what the test is about, or that your equipment isn't up to par(again pretty unlikely since you can get through most of them with under-leveled/unmodded stuff).  

I personally have never heard of anyone failing tests 1-4 at all really, there's no doubt in my mind that it does happen on occasion since not everyone is going to grasp everything as intended.  However that doesn't detract from the idea that tests 1-4 aren't that complex to begin with, heck it almost feels like Lotus is holding your hand like an adult would to a child throughout these "tests."