Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Implementing Screenshot

o0sayan0o

Hiii Warframers,

So the problem is even when i have Steam running on the background i cant take screenshots.. o.O I have to use Fraps to make screenshots.

What if Warframe gets his own screenshot button? like F1 or something. I think there are people playing Warframe without using Steam at all. And even when we run Steam it still doenst work. I reinstalled Windows 8 but nothing changed. 

What are your thoughts about this idea?

Steve? Rebecca? like to hear yours aswell. 

Thanks,

o0sayan0o 

Why not use steam's screen shot function (f12)?  Allows for easy uploads to your steam profile.  The in game screen shot function makes 6 mb .bmp's :|

It doenst work for me :s donno why, i reinstalled Windows 8 and steam but no succes. Dont know what to do now. When i play CoD and press F12 it works but with Warframe it doesnt..

o0sayan0o, on 21 May 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

Ye i just found the path where the screeshots are but damm its not easy to access.. Need to turn on hidden directory.. Cant we change the path?

well fellow Tenno~

you could always make a shortcut to it~

and I'm sorry it was easy to me because of small tricks I've learned~

for example if you had WF icon on your desktop you can right click it~

go to properties and there's a small button that says "Open file location"~

it brings me straight to my WF directory folder, very simple lol~

sorry I didn't add that tidbit~

well fellow Tenno~

you could always make a shortcut to it~

and I'm sorry it was easy to me because of small tricks I've learned~

for example if you had WF icon on your desktop you can right click it~

go to properties and there's a small button that says "Open file location"~

it brings me straight to my WF directory folder, very simple lol~

sorry I didn't add that tidbit~

I just made a shortcut of ''captures'' directory on my desktop. thanks for help.

As to why the Steam screenshot function doesn't work in Warframe; I'd hazard a guess it's because you have the game set to use either the dx11 pipeline, or the 64bit executable.

If you want to see if that is the cause, you can try disabling one, or both, from the Warframe launcher. (via the innocuous gear button located in the top right of the launcher window)

Edited by TehJumpingJawa

As to why the Steam screenshot function doesn't work in Warframe; I'd hazard a guess it's because you have the game set to use either the dx11 pipeline, or the 64bit executable.

If you want to see if that is the cause, you can try disabling one, or both, from the Warframe launcher. (via the innocuous gear button located in the top right of the launcher window)

Neither of those prevent me from using steam to take screenshots :|

Thanks man that helped me. I turned 64 bit off and now it works. But what is the difference if i dont enable 64 bit? i have Windows 8 64 bit.