Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Gameplay Ideas

GokuNazz

Hello there fellow Tenno's. I've been playing Warframe for less than a week (4 days for today) & I'm really having a good time. Awesome, experienced and mature community that exceeds my expectation and perception. I did try this game on during the alpha test on my brother's account but not the close beta. Thing's have changed.

The Dev's did a great job producing such an awesome PvE 3rd person shooter game that emphasis on teamwork & the game is unique in it's own ways. This game will scale well without PvP and could be better off without in the short run it if the Dev's could exploit the competitive nature of the game (Eg. Leaderboards, Individual & Team Challenges, Medals awards & reward from getting the medal, Rewards & etc). End of thinking capacity xD.

Maybe in the long run, PvP would be ideal because if the gameplay is too repetitive, people will get bored of it. Maybe not a Direct PvP (Like Team Deathmatch) but a mix of PvP and PvE (Eg. Capture the flag type but it's a race. Both team must race while a legion of enemy stands in between their objectives). Innovation is a  must for this kind of game but I'll leave it that to the Dev's team of Think tank and the community's creativeness.

So moving on to the suggestions.. here are some of the ideas that I think the Dev's should include somewhere in the future to make the game more interesting. Then again, it's just a suggestion.

1). Mountable Turrets in Certain Mission
Ah.. Mountable turrets. You get the idea, different factions should have different kind of turrets (base on their technological level) with their own Pro's and Con's. Maybe for example, Corpus turret fires laser beams instead of normal ballistic projectile (Maybe suits Grineeer). Infected? well, use your imagination :)

Also, the turret should have a cool-down period so it people don't over abuse it  to discourage camping and it is prone to destruction. Moreover, the damage output should be toned depending on the level of the mission so that it doesn't become over-powered (OP).

The Ideal mission to place a turret would be in defense mission where hordes of countless enemy makes it a "fish in the barrel".  This can be an alternative to the Up-close & Personal style of play (Melee to be precise).

For other mission, it might be ideal or not depending on the situation because I realized that Warframe is a quick moving game whereby completing the objectives sometimes can be a race against time & people just want credits or rewards from completing a mission.

On the other note, some new enemy mounting on a turret and shooting at us would be fun too. 

2). Temporary Power ups?
If you have played Halo CE up to Halo 3, I think you'll know get my idea. Sometimes, the enemy or from crates temporary power up orbs are dropped. This orb offers temporary bonuses such as Invisibility, x2 damage, x2 sprint speed or etc for 5 - 10 seconds.

It shouldn't be too overpowered and sometimes it's fun to spice up the game. Maybe an artifact or a mod can increase the power up duration, but by just a small margin so it doesn't ruin the gameplay experience.

And that's all from me so far. I'll add more ideas if I have em.

I welcome any kind of criticism, comments or even some improvisation from the community, in other words be my Devil's Advocate. Who knows if you guys have a better idea.

I do encourage you to post your own idea's in this thread because it'll make the forum much organized without having too many duplicate or redundant topic/post. Have a nice day everyone.

I'm not much for the temporary power-ups, but turrets could be cool, in the right setting. Mind you, mostly as an enemy that's hard to reach and surpressing you until you can snipe or flank. Power-ups just feel too "game-y" for me, and it creates more competition between players who are supposed to cooperate. Unless they spawn for everyone, but then balance is just #*($%%@, because four tenno, all with some kind of damage multiplier or something? Yeah, nothing would stand even the small chance it already does.

Edited by Yastin