Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Godmode's Buttons Thread

Phoenix86

I open this topic to gather alltogether opinions and ideas of the community about what is 'a godmode button' and what solutions they would propose to FIX not NERF them.

Please try to follow this schema when posting:

"Imho a godmode button is:

*explaine with your own words* "

"Currently godmode buttons are:

*make a list of the skills you consider a 'godmode button' adding to which warframe they belong to* "

"My solutions are:

* following your own list above make another one with your possible solutions* "

I'll start this by making an example to follow, please be Civil and always answer with "@player's name" so everyone know to who are directed your answers.

Imho a godmode button is:

A button that allows me to ignore all or almost all threats while running an hard mission, making it so easy that there's no challange to do it at all and, as time goes by, is being abused in all missions across the game.

Currently godmode buttons are:

- Iron Skin - Rhino (well, not anymore)

- Snow Globe - Frost

- Link - Trinity

- Stealth - Loki / Ash

My solutions are:

- Iron Skin: well problem it's already solved but surely it is an overnerf. what's needed to be restored is its immunity to CC, energy/shield drain, poison. This is getting addressed as we are discussing so i'll be fine when it's done.

- Snow Globe: it should have a fixed amount of dmg that can be absorbed, not infinite, this amount can be also 'very high' but there must be a limit.

- Link: basically this skill is ok but it shouldnt be casted infinite times thanks to Energy Vampire, you should be able to use it often, a few times in a row, maybe 5-10 times in a row... but not indefinetely. A fix to duration or energy cost could solve it OR a fix to Energy Vampire giving way less energy back if the target is affected by Link (basically not enough to cicle both skill forever)

- Stealth: once you are stealth you are allowed to skip EVERYTHING while FIRING at ANYTHING without getting any response... you also deal double dmg. Like in every other game Stealth should turn off with a small delay as soon as you open fire (NOT meele nor using skills) and also if you accidentaly get hit by enemie's random fire.

Edited by Phoenix86

If they restored disrupter hits/poison immunity to Iron Skin, I would be fine with it even with just 80% damage reduction max. That way you can reliably tank but can't be reckless about it.

Invisibility and Smoke Screen are fine as they are. Loki and Ash need them to survive. They are not "godmodes" by any stretch, at least compared to pre-nerf Iron Skin or Trinity's Link.

What is wrong with you, why are you suggesting nerfs to perfectly fine skills?

edit: just checked, you seem to be on a crusade since the Rhino nerf, which was wrong, but still, stop making such threads...

Edited by bakaxy

What is wrong with you, why are you suggesting nerfs to perfectly fine skills?

edit: just checked, you seem to be on a crusade since the Rhino nerf, which was wrong, but still, stop making such threads...

It's the first one i make O.o

And it's not a "waaa i cry, nerf to the ground everything" i think i'm being constructive and giving reasons

You are not constructive, you just want other abilities to be nerfed because of the unreasonable change to Rhino, you basically suggested the same in a another thread, though it was only for Snow Globe as far as I can remember.

Your suggestions for fixing Invisibility and Smoke Screen aren't too constructive IMO, you are taking away from the staying power of those two frames. Particularly Loki, who is very squishy. In high level planets like Eris for example, just a few hits will kill a maxed Loki who will typically only have 300-ish shields and 300-ish health.

One is most definitely not invincible when using Invisibility, because I've been staggered by Runner explosions, knocked down by Ancient hits/Shockwave Moa stomps even when cloaked.

They have said they will change the IRON SKIN soon, They had acknowledged all the whispers in the dark... I am telling you as Rhino player myself patience

btw none of the skills you mentioned are god mode by your own definition - aka not usable in every istuation

This thread is the reason why I don't like the forums anymore. Also do read up on godmode before tossing your judgement on any skills that it's a "godmode button".

As much as it pains me to, I'll still drop in a few constructive feedback in regards to what you've suggested.

Frost; Snow globe is the only supportive skill it has meant to protect cryopods, revive teammates, Frost is actually the most balanced frame amongst offense and defense, while freeze and ice wave are sub-par. Avalanche is a generic nuke. Also, keep in mind that fellow allies' gun fire couldn't enter the snow globe to kill whoever is inside it.

Link; Have you EVER played a trinity before? Nope? Because you're giving everyone else off the impression that you're just nodding along that trinity is a tank blah blah. If not please use her not as a tanker, but as how a supportive role should be. As much as anyone disagree, trinity is the most vulnerable warframe that I've played. She has 0 offensive skills. When you're swarmed by heaps of grineer or corpus, the most common thing for most warframes would do is to press 4, and everything is cleared. Trinity turns on Link, has to go around killing everyone manually. In this process your sentinel aka your backup shields would most likely be killed, without energy she would have been as good as dead further on in the mission.

Sure, you might say energy vampire. Keep in mind as well you'd need energy to cast energy vampire, and depending on the situations, most of the time if you cast it wrongly, on to some weak grunt, you may not even get back half of the energy that you used, let alone filling your energy bar for the next link to be cast.

Stealth; or smoke bomb/invisibility, firstly, Ash isn't built to keep up with long durations of skill usage. Its alt helm is a pretty good example. Loki has low shields and health, and is compensated with a larger pool of energy, you'd say that loki can skip everything? The answer is a big no. A simple example for you. Let's say that you're gonna use Loki to solo speed run bosses for materials, you'd think you can spam its skill all the way to the boss? Without knocking down any containers for energy? And in the process, without getting attention and being swarmed with enemies?

Please do not nod along blindly with other players, easily pass judgement on skills and warframes without trying them out. Gameplay feedback is meant for players to try out the stuff, THEN post a feedback, and not read and hear whatever people has told you, then posting a thread.

You started this thread. 

The whole thing about "godmode is a problem, nerf Rhino" is not something i've started afaik.

@Meek: i appreciate what u saying there, but dont come up with assumptions about what i used or not, in fact i got both Loki and Frost lvl 30, i know what they can do and what they cant do (you are right about Trinity, still hadn't the luck to craft her, missing 1 BP, but i saw her in action many times)

@Meek: i appreciate what u saying there, but dont come up with assumptions about what i used or not, in fact i got both Loki and Frost lvl 30, i know what they can do and what they cant do (you are right about Trinity, still hadn't the luck to craft her, missing 1 BP, but i saw her in action many times)

I personally, do not actually care of what did you use or not O_o the fact that you're masquerading around thinking that you know down to every bit of the details in the warframes listed is giving you the vibe that you do not know anything about them, here's to why; Godmode button is a very strong word, it naturally assumes to the readers you that you know what you're saying and following that you tossed in a bunch of controversial suggestions, a bit too ironic won't you say?

Also;

I open this topic to gather alltogether opinions and ideas of the community about what is 'a godmode button' and what solutions they would propose to FIX not NERF them.

Following that, you posted only nerfs.

Another thing to add, I have posted in so many threads requesting nerfs but do not actually know where they're coming from; if you're going to ask for a nerf, do a full factual check, test the warframes and weapons. EVEN if you have them at both rank 30 it doesn't particularly make you skilled/knowledgeable about them, people sat in Xini or Kappa killing very little and got their warframes to rank 30. In other words, you need to be persuasive as nerfing is a very touchy topic, I'll leave it up to you on that to decide if you have the what it takes to persuade the community.

Moving on, godmode button, your definition of it is that it makes it easy, without a challenge right?

So may I assume that you have a Guardian mod in your sentinel? If you do, take it out, it'd be a real challenge to walk into Kiste. Of course I'm not asking you to purposely make your life miserable, but you'd have an idea that Guardian mod is what keeps most players alive. People dash into heaps of Grineer cutting them up, most players did not notice their shields are constantly drained and being replenished by their sentinel. If you wish to campaign against godmode buttons, you'd need to do a full check on what is causing the player's invulnerability. Sentinels are something that most players have and you have easily left it out.

Right from the start this is obviously a thread meant to incite flame and hate amongst the users of the warframes you specified for nerfs.

Just a reply to the original OP here.

These are all defensive abilities. They are designed to increase the player survivability.

Loki invisibility is probably the one ability that allows him to survive high-level missions and eliminate the enemies that would otherwise curbstomp him in one hit on high-level missions (try going visible in front of a lvl 55 Grineer shotgunner, you lose shields in one hit and most of your HP with the second). Loki is a very, very "soft" warframe and has no other "escape" button to use aside from Decoy which dies instantly in high-level missions when he needs to cool down the situation a more manageable level. Also, his sentinel (usually the Shade because it will not be cloaked) will be the prime target as soon as he uses the ability, causing its death and thus forcing the player to rely on invisibility for the remainder of the whole mission.

Damage increase is there to help him get rid of the nearby enemies around him before the invisibility runs out and he is killed off in a couple of shots.

Frost... Haven't played him so I have no opinion on him.

Rhino... Iron Skin is currently under works so I can't speculate on this.

Trinity... Link is a way to help her survive if she gets swarmed by a massive group of enemies, but the energy vampire is not the most reliable way to support it unless you manage slap it on the toughest enemy in the group. This takes some skill and cool nerves, but it is doable. It is, however, not a skill that you can rely on to get out of a tight spot.

Ash... For me, the Smoke bomb is an ability to be used when I realise I have bitten off a bit more than I can chew and have to reposition myself into a better spot to avoid getting swarmed. I haven't played Ash very much (low level still) so I don't know how to use it in other ways yet.

I can't see any of these abilities is a "god mode" as such. I see them as "survival" abilities that help the player escape early demise against overwhelming odds, and to level the playing field briefly.

I play this game for fun and I like using all the warframes for their different unique abilities suitable for different mission/enemy types. In this way this game is different from almost every other game I have played before. Changing these in some dramatic way into more similar abilities would make the warframes less fun, less survivable and less distinguishable from each other, and more like "Call of Warframe/Modern Warframe". Is this what you want? Think about it.

This is just my opinion, you may disagree but then again, we are all entitled to our own opinion.

I personally, do not actually care of what did you use or not O_o the fact that you're masquerading around thinking that you know down to every bit of the details in the warframes listed is giving you the vibe that you do not know anything about them, here's to why; Godmode button is a very strong word, it naturally assumes to the readers you that you know what you're saying and following that you tossed in a bunch of controversial suggestions, a bit too ironic won't you say?

Also;

Following that, you posted only nerfs.

Another thing to add, I have posted in so many threads requesting nerfs but do not actually know where they're coming from; if you're going to ask for a nerf, do a full factual check, test the warframes and weapons. EVEN if you have them at both rank 30 it doesn't particularly make you skilled/knowledgeable about them, people sat in Xini or Kappa killing very little and got their warframes to rank 30. In other words, you need to be persuasive as nerfing is a very touchy topic, I'll leave it up to you on that to decide if you have the what it takes to persuade the community.

Moving on, godmode button, your definition of it is that it makes it easy, without a challenge right?

So may I assume that you have a Guardian mod in your sentinel? If you do, take it out, it'd be a real challenge to walk into Kiste. Of course I'm not asking you to purposely make your life miserable, but you'd have an idea that Guardian mod is what keeps most players alive. People dash into heaps of Grineer cutting them up, most players did not notice their shields are constantly drained and being replenished by their sentinel. If you wish to campaign against godmode buttons, you'd need to do a full check on what is causing the player's invulnerability. Sentinels are something that most players have and you have easily left it out.

Right from the start this is obviously a thread meant to incite flame and hate amongst the users of the warframes you specified for nerfs.

I'm not asking for a nerf, i just wrote down what i think is OP (and we all know they are kinda OP) and suggested how to make it less OP without completely render them useless like they did with Iron Skin.

Because as we all have seen they nerfed it to the ground without taking in consideration anything and i'd prefer, if they ever gonna tweak them, that they know beforehand what the community's reaction could be if they go in certain directions.

Nop i dont have a sentinel, i dislike watching that little thing over the shoulder.

Am i inciting flame? The first thing i've written in red was: stay Civil.

Not my fault if ppl rage so easly on the internet.

What !? Even Loki the most brittle warframe in the game should be "fixed" !?

God I only wish there's a red downvote button I can click...

Edit: Replaced nerfed > fixed  since OP is gathering suggestions on what to be 'fixed'

Edited by Chichi.Yosimase

What !? Even Loki the most brittle warframe in the game should be "fixed" !?

God I only wish there's a red downvote button I can click...

Edit: Replaced nerfed > fixed  since OP is gathering suggestions on what to be 'fixed'

Did i said Loki is OP?

I said "stealth" is OP

I'm not asking for a nerf, i just wrote down what i think is OP (and we all know they are kinda OP) and suggested how to make it less OP without completely render them useless like they did with Iron Skin.

Because as we all have seen they nerfed it to the ground without taking in consideration anything and i'd prefer, if they ever gonna tweak them, that they know beforehand what the community's reaction could be if they go in certain directions.

Nop i dont have a sentinel, i dislike watching that little thing over the shoulder.

Am i inciting flame? The first thing i've written in red was: stay Civil.

Not my fault if ppl rage so easly on the internet.

Allow me to break down all of the formalities and show you what you actually meant. It may not be the same as what you think you have meant. I understand where you're coming from and somehow words have seemingly failed you in what you want to express.

Stay civil you said, look at the Rhino threads there? Staying civil has always been a society's policy, yet people would rather ignore that and went ahead to post with their feelings. Do you know why? Circumstances, Rhino has been nerfed, people aren't people, people are throwing a fuss.

I have already broken down as to why you're campaigning for nerfs (or flame and hate) in my previous post, if you have missed it, please read it again.

And they're OP? Please kindly read again my post of #14 in this thread, I've addressed each and single skill, of course my words are not absolute, but if you still want your thread to take in suggestions, then please do take into consideration what I have and what everybody else have written.

You are nonetheless entitled to your opinion, but if you still insist despite the fact that there has been at least 10 other threads in the history of the mentioned skills that are OP that has contributed, then I rest my case.

Last but not least, when anyone says read, what they actually mean is not to skim through, but understand the point they're trying to get across.

Did i said Loki is OP?

I said "stealth" is OP

Oh sorry :D 

What !? Loki's invisibility should get 'fixed' even that's the ONLY reason why it makes up for Loki being a brittle, squishy, fragile and weak warframe !?

God I only wishh there's a red downvote button I can click... twice.

Allow me to break down all of the formalities and show you what you actually meant. It may not be the same as what you think you have meant. I understand where you're coming from and somehow words have seemingly failed you in what you want to express.

Stay civil you said, look at the Rhino threads there? Staying civil has always been a society's policy, yet people would rather ignore that and went ahead to post with their feelings. Do you know why? Circumstances, Rhino has been nerfed, people aren't people, people are throwing a fuss.

I have already broken down as to why you're campaigning for nerfs (or flame and hate) in my previous post, if you have missed it, please read it again.

And they're OP? Please kindly read again my post of #14 in this thread, I've addressed each and single skill, of course my words are not absolute, but if you still want your thread to take in suggestions, then please do take into consideration what I have and what everybody else have written.

You are nonetheless entitled to your opinion, but if you still insist despite the fact that there has been at least 10 other threads in the history of the mentioned skills that are OP that has contributed, then I rest my case.

Last but not least, when anyone says read, what they actually mean is not to skim through, but understand the point they're trying to get across.

I did, and i say thx to you,

i hope devs will read this (not ur answer, the whole topic i mean) so that they will know what they are gonna face if they touch those skills.

I'm sorry, but i needed to be the devil's advocate in order to see people's true reactions about all this.

I dont expect to be understood or "forgiven" (do i have actually?) by you but i guess you deserved a motivation of "why" i made all this.

Ofc you could not trust this last post, or maybe yes? That means i played the part really well! :p

Cya guys, let's hope they are gonna fix IS and not touch the rest or this little topic will be the last of their problems lol.

Leave snow globe as it is srsly you always need a frost with snow globe to survive defense missions in higher levels and now yu want to nerf it ...wtf lol

This is the definition of an ability that is overpowered. If it is something that everyone is required to use to get to a certain level that ability or frame is over-powered. If no one uses it to get to a certain level that is a sign something is underpowered, like Ash or Loki.