Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Godmode's Buttons Thread

Phoenix86

I'm sorry, but i needed to be the devil's advocate in order to see people's true reactions about all this.

I dont expect to be understood or "forgiven" (do i have actually?) by you but i guess you deserved a motivation of "why" i made all this.

Ofc you could not trust this last post, or maybe yes? That means i played the part really well! :p

Cya guys, let's hope they are gonna fix IS and not touch the rest or this little topic will be the last of their problems lol.

You're gonna portray yourself as the martyr for bringing up satire? Sad to say your starting post was already inviting flame from players.

Decisions to be made -->met with objections --> outrage from players

This is what we have seen in the glaive and rhino update, except some may say that there was no cause for Rhino to be nerfed at all.

What you're trying to do here is to incite suggestions that are clearly going to be met with objections, I'm sure you yourself know it. Hence this was why I said this thread is just a bait for flame and hate.

Forum moderators, could you have this thread under eyes? This is probably going to go nowhere seeing how defensive OP is on his points, once someone is unwilling to listen, communication breaks down and hate starts coming in.

This is the definition of an ability that is overpowered. If it is something that everyone is required to use to get to a certain level that ability or frame is over-powered. If no one uses it to get to a certain level that is a sign something is underpowered, like Ash or Loki.

Um no. Snowglobe is unique, it's the only power which creates a 360 degree field of temporary cover and thus can protect the cryopod. If the cryopod was only accessible via one relatively narrow corridor, Electric Shield (and thus Volt) would be equally viable at doing this.

A power that is unique and thus allows (X) because of its unique functionality can be overpowered. But just because it lets you do something nobody else can do doesn't make it so. Ask yourself, is this ability causing people to use the Warframe to the exclusion of everything else? The answer is 'probably not'.

Um no. Snowglobe is unique, it's the only power which creates a 360 degree field of temporary cover and thus can protect the cryopod. If the cryopod was only accessible via one relatively narrow corridor, Electric Shield (and thus Volt) would be equally viable at doing this.

A power that is unique and thus allows (X) because of its unique functionality can be overpowered. But just because it lets you do something nobody else can do doesn't make it so. Ask yourself, is this ability causing people to use the Warframe to the exclusion of everything else? The answer is 'probably not'.

If volt is equally viable then why don't we see volt making it to wave 50? Every team of 4 that wishes to do high wave defense HAS to have a Frost, this is a sign that Frost is currently more powerful than any other frame for this job. Frost's Globe will get nerfed, along with Trinity eventually. They have already said balancing for invulnerability is nigh impossible, so don't expect these abilities to remain as is forever. I do hope that nerfs to certain abilities are countered by minor buffs to others to make sure we don't have another Rhino situation.

Frost's globe:  You do realise that railgun MOA do pierce through it right?  (boy, they pierce link as well as far as I remember)  so perhaps have enemies with such effect with all fractions?

And Iron skin... perhaps personal invulnerability is fine as long as you can't do that indefinitely without teammates (teamwork is supposed to be powerful, or I would have thought).  Which the easy fix for link in that sense would be make EV only give back energy to all other teammates (so caster gets none, making it a strict support skill)

Edit:  If globe is nerfed perhaps you might wanna consider nerfing shield polarize so pod gets no help from anybody?

Edited by Stupid_Idiot