Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods Defense Round 25 And 30

Vili

WTF!!!

Ixodes in Eris (Infested), two games:

First game finish in round 25 , infested ilvl 70-80, reward HELLFIRE, Uncommon :(

defensef.th.jpg

Second game finish in round 30 infested lvl 106, reward HEATED CHARGE, Uncommon :((

defense2i.th.jpg

This really needs some changes, this is a joke.

My suggestion is to link the levels of the enemies to different groups off Mods.

Lvl 1-25---Common

Lvl 26-70 ---Uncommon

Lvl 70-100--Rare

Lvl 101-9999--Rare++

Edited by Vili

Don't see the problem really, to be honest. The higher you go the more chance you have to get a nice reward, not because the higher the wave = the better the mod, but because the higher the wave = the more chances to get a good reward at some point. I think it's actually kinda nice that it's the way it is, so that lower level players, or less good players still have a chance to get decent rewards, without having to defend until high waves.

Edited by Schokoladenonkel

Don't see the problem really, to be honest. The higher you go the more chance you have to get a nice reward, not because the higher the wave = the better the mod, but because the higher the wave = the more chances to get a good reward at some point. 

I'll explain the problem then.  While the bolded portion is true, it does not mean that no problem exists.  Let me explain.  

Let's say that you always have the same chance for mods regardless of waves.  So the reward you get on wave 5 isn't something you want, so you decide to keep fighting until wave 10.  And on wave 10, you'll get the same X% chance for a reward you want.  So yes.  Going to wave 10 will give you another chance at a better reward.  

But instead of that, you can choose to just claim on wave 5 and play the mission again to wave 5.  You'll still get another X% chance for a reward you want, but you'll also get the wave 5 reward.  Plus, waves 1-5 are probably easier and faster than waves 6-10.  And, you'll get double the credit reward since credits don't scale with what wave you make it to.  

So we see that if you're actually trying to get mission rewards, you're better off just claiming at wave 5.  

i dont see the problem, it's random.

you dont always get what u want.

Buy platinum and buy mod pack, u got some random stupid stuff that u dont even need.

play one mission and u get ur favorite mods

Edited by XRELOADED

i dont see the problem, it's random.

you dont always get what u want.

Buy platinum and buy mod pack, u got some random stupid stuff that u dont even need.

play one mission and u get ur favorite mods

The random really seems to be broken.

EIther the RNG is not working properly, or the pool of possible mods is far too small.

There are very few mods being rewarded, as someone else posted, I see these time and time again:

- Hellfire

- Heated Charge

- Streamline

Maybe we should make a list of all mods received from defense.

I'll explain the problem then.  While the bolded portion is true, it does not mean that no problem exists.  Let me explain.  

Let's say that you always have the same chance for mods regardless of waves.  So the reward you get on wave 5 isn't something you want, so you decide to keep fighting until wave 10.  And on wave 10, you'll get the same X% chance for a reward you want.  So yes.  Going to wave 10 will give you another chance at a better reward.  

But instead of that, you can choose to just claim on wave 5 and play the mission again to wave 5.  You'll still get another X% chance for a reward you want, but you'll also get the wave 5 reward.  Plus, waves 1-5 are probably easier and faster than waves 6-10.  And, you'll get double the credit reward since credits don't scale with what wave you make it to.  

So we see that if you're actually trying to get mission rewards, you're better off just claiming at wave 5.  

The few pedantic problems of that analysis:

1) I believe ammo boxes/heal (which at the current state is less useful than any junk mod you can imagine) are still given out at wave 5?  Has anyone seen them past wave 5?

2) Have you consider how will loading, cutscenes and map roll affect the rest of your team members?

3) Have you consider the mods that drop during the 5 waves inbetween the reward votes?  

Don't get me wrong, I believe the mod pool for rewards is broken, but that does not look like how it should be fixed (a larger mod and BP pool at the vote should be the first step, mostly because it seems we are only getting rolled from less than 10 types of mods from all the defense maps from venus to eris).  after that the probably can be tweaked because now there is a larger pool of stuff to roll from so it would take a few tries to get rares from the reward vote

Regarding the OP, from that line of thought it would be completely pointless to do any lower level defense missions for lower level people because you can seemingly get equally good mods from other missions without such hassle.  That wouldn't exactly be a good idea in a game where you have to kind of cater people from the lowest to highest levels.

Last game yesterday.

Palus in Pluto starting level 37-53

Wave 5 reward ----->REDIRECTION

Wave 10 reward ----->HELLFIRE

Wave 15 reward ----->HELLFIRE

Wave 20 reward ----->HELLFIRE

Wave 25 reward ----->HELLFIRE

Wave 30 reward ----->HELLFIRE

Wave 35 reward ----->HELLFIRE

Endind lvls about 150

No more mods? This is ridiculous. An hour playing, 52 mods, and not one of Rare....WTF.

Whilst most people have an issue with wave reward mods, I have a an issue with the drop rate at higher waves. Waves 1-10 you can average around 15 mods, as you start to go higher you get less and less drops when it starts becoming one drop every few waves. Why? With the nessed up rewards there is little incentive to go high in defence other than for a challenge.

I have so many streamline and hellfires, that if they allow giving mods to other players, I can give one streamline to every new player and his dog who starts to play warframe.

Seriously, its not funny, and I dont do defense anymore. Boring **** is boring, useless rewards are useless.

I see this all the time, I like to see what wave I can get it...also more often than not it is the dropped mods that I really want to collect

But I have found quite a few people always opting to leave after wave 5, even on some crappy rewards...and im like what? then they quit....

alright so they ran out of time, opps, should have chatted it....but then in online it happen again and again, and once I ran into the same person that again, bailed at wave 5