Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Fighting Techniques: "locked Combos"

McTaz

So if you've played Batman arkham city/Knight you've seen how batman runs from person to person with combonations, not just slicing and dicing like we do with our own combo; even though our combinations are cool, you have to angle them right with the enemies in the right places to make a scene look cool. As seen : 

Now Saints Row franchise has "locked combos". As seen 

We can get similar in ours, BUT they are not locked like in examples shown like Saints Row/Batman franchises.

Run and gun gets boring sometimes, tho some may just run melee only to spice adventures up. Combine parkour 2.0 with this idea would make the grind less bleh and more fun into hours of grind.

So are you asking for easier Finishers? Because we already have three good 'frames that can get Finishers pretty easily. Just trying to understand what you're getting at, not too clear to me.

i said combos not finishers, plus finishers take too long.

Finishers are pretty quick, asides from one or two weapon types. Also, in a game as fast paced as WF, combos might not work too well, since you could get caught in the crossfire while in the middle of one :(

im confused

I would love to have a system like this but unfortunately in order to really implement, you would pretty much have to change the core gameplay.  If you want a combat system like in the Arkham series, then that would require slowing the gameplay here down considerably, which may be quite rage inducing combined with the extreme grind and the RNG systems tendancy to give out useless crap rewards for missions.

This may be possible in the future but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

What can work though, is to add a new attack key when in a melee stance.  The default reload button "R" is not used in melee and can be used to do heavier attacks while E can do light attacks.  Combinations will be a combination of E and R instead of the horrendous system of using "pauses" to do a combo.

Example  Combo 1 - Crashing Spiderbear =  EERERR

I would love to have a system like this but unfortunately in order to really implement, you would pretty much have to change the core gameplay.  If you want a combat system like in the Arkham series, then that would require slowing the gameplay here down considerably, which may be quite rage inducing combined with the extreme grind and the RNG systems tendancy to give out useless crap rewards for missions.

This may be possible in the future but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

What can work though, is to add a new attack key when in a melee stance.  The default reload button "R" is not used in melee and can be used to do heavier attacks while E can do light attacks.  Combinations will be a combination of E and R instead of the horrendous system of using "pauses" to do a combo.

Example  Combo 1 - Crashing Spiderbear =  EERERR

That's legit yeah.