The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Won't Fire While Invisible Even With Precept

Wargasm_v2.X

So I recently discovered this after attempting to use Ash with a Smoke Screen duration melee build.  I rely on Wyrm with Deth Rifle to proc Arcane Strike continuously especially when I'm using a slow-ish weapon like Scindo Prime.  When it wasn't happening I realized he would only attack when out of stealth.

This is probably how it's been for awhile but I think if you include the Warrior (or attack related) Precept on a sentinel it should fire regardless of stealth ability used.  Otherwise, it's usefulness on Ash or Loki is incredibly diminished.

thats how its supposed to be and how its been for a long time....why would you have NO control over your sentinel when stealthed and having it fire and ruin the stealth multiplier?

Edited by xcynderx

Otherwise, it's usefulness on Ash or Loki is incredibly diminished.

Seriously? You do realize that it:

- gives away your position to every enemy on the map.

- gives away your position to the enemy it shot even if it was silenced. The enemy it shot then communicates this to every enemy on the map.

- cancels the 4x stealth multiplier on the enemy that it shot.

Its usefulness on Ash or Loki would be incredibly diminished if it DID fire while invisible.

• 3 weeks later...

Sentinel usefulness is incredibly diminished by that programming decision and I only use carrier for vacuum because of it. If there are alerted enemies on the map, your sentinel should fire. There is no reason it should be holding fire while I play through missions blasting away with my guns.