The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Style Meter Anyone?

Casval_Rouge

Remaking the mission summary and reward structure to encourage balanced gameplay and team habits is one of the things I have harped about most in this game.

I would love to see mission performances ranked (A,B,C, etc) with higher ranks giving better rewards...

The mission results would be a personal report card and not shared with the other team members. As such Everyone on the team could get an A or a C in the same mission. Something like that creates a scenario where the only person you are competing with is yourself.

A system like that encourages balanced gameplay and discourages cheesy button spamming without actually punishing cheesy button spammers.

Players lose nothing but gain a nice perk at the end dependent on their rank in the mission.

Likewise a system like this allows your performance in multiple missions to give you a composite personal rank.

That could open up a lot of diverse mission mechanics and systems as well.

It. Is. Not. Pushing. Them. They are pushing themselves with greed. Did you even read and comprehend what i just wrote?

If you need a little assist, Warframe is a farming game. There's nothing wrong with that. However, any player that wants to take the game seriously enough will want to perform at an efficient level. It's the same for just about any farming game. Some games try to apply some roleplaying mechanics that make it more fun, or perhaps something challenging that awards them what they are need, but Warframe is very much in the "need a lot of little things" to complete most of your goals. Players will be encouraged to follow the path of efficiency in order to achieve this. If you don't, you're effectively wasting more time than you already are. It's not about greed, it's about obtaining your goal.

If you make "this one thing" the way to get the most out of the game, you'll be forcing the majority of the non-casual players to "have" to play that way. Instead, I propose that there be many ways to obtain efficiency. Do more than just have draco type missions. Do more than just a "style meter". Make multiple ways to obtain an efficient run. If you have "one way" being the way to get the "most" of a run, people will have to do that "one thing"...and chances are, "one thing" will be in conflict of what some players will find as fun.

If you don't understand it by now, I don't think you're getting it here so I'm just going to move on. Stick around long enough and perhaps you'll understand it. Feel free to PM me then and we can continue. Generally, the concept is hard to grasp until you've been around long enough. It's also typically a concept most casual players won't grasp, but considering you're on the forum, I'm assuming you're not a casual player.

(btw, there's nothing wrong with being a casual player...it's just another gameplay style for some people)

Edited by RpTheHotrod

why is it that you always have to give people anything to make them do it there is no reason to get more exp, i dont get what is up with this spoon feed rub my back policy people have going on, if this changes i want more exp easy drop rate mentality.

The problem is efficiency and reward.  If spamming is the most effective and efficient way to gain rewards with least amount of effort, then spamming will become rampant.  

So even if this meter pushed players into doing combos in order to gain better rewards, I'd say it is still better than spamming.  The goal here is not give players more rewards for playing, it is to make spamming less efficent without actually having to remake and redesign powers as more and more methods are found.  Frankly I don't care if anyone spams.  But if one of four players could easily handle all the enemies by spamming, then that takes fun away from others and therefore needs to be fixed.  

Warframe is not some highly skilled based game where you are rewarded for good performances.  You get rewarded for completing missions, and most often you need to play over and over again to get what you want.  That means over time players will develop more and more efficient methods that takes the least effort to ease the bore that comes with repetition.  The meter is to make sure spamming is no longer the most efficient method.      

Decrease current affinity gain...

The current affinity gain is the reason people xp farm in the first place and if it's void they won't care about enemy drops...

You used powers as an example anyone killed with powers only goes to your warframe and even more specifically since you cited peacemaker if your doing a build for that your most likely a level 30 Mesa meaning the Mesa wouldn't lose anything only everyone else.

Also decreasing weapon swap speed BLASPHEMY!

And it would just make Draco a better farm after a few ranks...

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

Not really, if it refers to improving an already implemented system rather than thinking of a new one then it belongs here, but that's a whole-nother discussion.

More so it implements a subdivision as a peripheral to an implemented system. You're right, it's another discussion.