Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just A Couple Thoughts For Dojo Add-Ons

Lithimus

Hi there fellow Tenno, I've been thinking about this for a while now and i feel it would be a good thing to share in hopes it becomes a reality, as i think the Dojo needs a bit more love and should be more of a clan hub than just a trade center or fight club and lets not forget our obstacle course of course, I feel the Dojo's need something a little more, these are ideas I've been thinking of. 

(These are all purely ideas only, hoping some of you Tenno out there agree might see them added someday, that'd be amazing)

1) NAV IN THE OBSERVATORY:

For starters i think the Dojo should have the solar system in the "observatory room" converted into a navigation panel similar to that of the relay, maybe not a complete over haul of it's look just the ability to go straight to missions from Dojo would be great.

2) KUBROW DAY CARE/BREEDING ROOM:

Next idea is a bit wild, still i thought it would be pretty great if you could have a Kubrow Room "Day Care / Breeding Den" so you could breed your Kubrow's with clan members and also your own Kubrow's, also, possibly even have the ability to research skin patterns, colours and such, maybe even research for a stabilizer machine that allows any kubrow in the Day Care / Breeding Den to stay healthy even while their master is inactive as i feel this is why many Tenno never use the Kubrow also sometimes i want to freely choose between my Raksa, Sahasa and Sunika dependent on the mission (General missions, Farming and Captures... etc) as i enjoy using them though it is tedious having to pull them in and out of stasis and wait 3 hours between and such.

3) MEMBERS QUARTERS ROOM:

Another one of my thoughts has been towards a "Members Quarters" where just like your private ship, you can access modding, arsenal and foundry, sometimes i just wish i could sit in my tranquil Dojo and do what i usually do in my ship, of course having these processes added to the Dojo it would be a great thing for many Tenno who like to dual a lot and hate the "host migration" when the host ducks out to his ship just to change their frame. 

4) ARCADE GAME CONSOLE DECORATIONS:

More recently, i have been thinking along the lines of the awesome "Wyrmium" and "Flappy Zephyr" arcade games, an idea came to me, why not make "Arcade Machines" to place in your Dojo so you can play them freely and also would be, i think, quite awesome for a community contest "Design an Arcade Livery" , i think secretly the DE's that use to play Arcades as kids would probably enjoy working on such a project also, in extension to this, i have also had ideas for 2 new arcade games , one based on the iconic "Pong" and number two a funny co-op game "Hungry Hungry Hippo".

Firstly, "FIRE AND ICE PONG ARCADE GAME" 

my idea for "Fire and Ice Pong" is that the paddles are Frost and Ember and the pong ball i thought it could be an osprey as the ball whether it acts like a charging Oxium Osprey or just a regular state where it looks like a flying ball it doesn't matter.

When the pong ball hits the Frost paddle it could do a Snow Globe animation and then when the pong ball hits Ember Paddle it could do a Fireblast animation.

Secondly, "HUNGRY KUBROW ARCADE GAME"

my idea for "Hungry Hungry Kubrow" is the players all have a Valkyr and a poor hungry Kubrow, in the center could be a bunch of grineer lancers and when the round starts could be a funny animation of a loki appearing and using radial disarm, then the lancers run out with sticks and the players could click on a lancer and the valkyr would use a ripline to pull the grineer into the kubrow's mouth, i guess the same rules apply the person with the least hungry Kubrow wins (most lancers in their Kubrow's mouth).

5) WARFRAME, KUBROW, INFESTED, CORRUPTED & CORPUS DECORATIVE STATUES:

I think a lot of Tenno would really like to see their favorite Warframes in their dojo and a way for that to be a thing is if their where "Statues" of Tenno much like the Grineer statue's and me personally would love some Infested, Corpus and Kubrow statues also to decorate my Dojo with, could also do with a bit more variety with decorations, we have many rock formations and banners although it is very nice, i feel like there could be something more added to make the Dojo an even better experience.

6) HANGAR OR DOCK ROOM:

I was also, a while back, thinking how cool it would be to have a "Hangar" or "Dock" as the relay already has the Docking Bay spawn point i am of the thinking you could add a similar thing to the Dojo as personally i enjoy that feeling you get when you go somewhere and step through doors to be immersed in something great and inviting.

I guess that is all of my ideas for now, i would like to know Tenno what you think of my thoughts and maybe if any DE's are reading this, if you like something i have come up with and perhaps let us know in Dev Stream or Prime Time that would be really neat.

Cheers guys,

~ Lithimus 

Edited by Lithimus

I really like your suggestions and think of all these rooms and decorations could work in the game but personally I don't see these being implented any time soon as there are more urgent matters I feel.

i agree. i would love LOVE to see a reason to hang out in the dojo besides to start or contribute to research and the occasional duel for funzies but there are more pressing matters at hand.

EDIT: reread a bit cause the first round i skimmed. the kubrow idea is nice buuuut im not so sure how i feel about it. yeah itd be nice place to leave kubrows and be freely able to switch em out but im not sure the dojo is the place for a day care like system.

Edited by Caobie

1 and 3 would be really nice. I feel like, right now, there's not a huge amount to do with dojos besides research and looking pretty. Perhaps we may see these implemented later on.

Also...hangar, not hanger. Unless you put your Liset on one of these;

coat-hanger-argument.jpg

Edited by Animatronic

1 and 3 would be really nice. I feel like, right now, there's not a huge amount to do with dojos besides research and looking pretty. Perhaps we may see these implemented later on.

Also...hangar, not hanger. Unless you put your Liset on one of these;

coat-hanger-argument.jpg

Exactly this guy's thoughts please.

1. This was original purpose of the Dojo Observatory. That functionality was repurposed for the Relay Mission Room. Currently this feature is unsupported by P2P instanced hosting. Will need to get Dojos on private server instances & tested like the Relays were before this can be attempted. Dojo on private server in testing currently breaks other Dojo functionality. DE is working on it adding it in, somehow.

2. This was also discussed when Relays & Kubrows were introduced into the game. Companions displaying for others on private server hosting break stuff on the Relays so they were removed from Relays. This means currently you can have #1 or #2 instead of both, until DE works it out.

3. through 6. Suggested many times before by many others before, with the exception of the specific games for the arcade room you mentioned, so others want this as well.

Edited by DietEbolaCola

I really like your suggestions and think of all these rooms and decorations could work in the game but personally I don't see these being implented any time soon as there are more urgent matters I feel.

I know it'll be a long way away from now but just some things that should be looked at after addressing the obvious "needs changing" as these are all things that could potentially breathe life into the Dojo which is such an amazing place i just feel it needs to be talked about lol, an action for a reaction you know.

1. This was original purpose of the Dojo Observatory. That functionality was repurposed for the Relay Mission Room. Currently this feature is unsupported by P2P instanced hosting. Will need to get Dojos on private server instances & tested like the Relays were before this can be attempted. Dojo on private server in testing currently breaks other Dojo functionality. DE is working on it adding it in, somehow.

2. This was also discussed when Relays & Kubrows were introduced into the game. Companions displaying for others on private server hosting break stuff on the Relays so they were removed from Relays. This means currently you can have #1 or #2 instead of both, until DE works it out.

3. through 6. Suggested many times before by many others before, with the exception of the specific games for the arcade room you mentioned, so others want this as well.

1: i was of that same thought but as they said nothing of it and i've heard nothing till you now about it, i figured it wasn't being thought of.

2: so i'm guessing what you're saying is that the navigation system with companions roaming in instances bugs out as appose to the companions merely being set in a stationary mode? ... in that case i'd rather 2 become a thing first then when possible implement 1 ...

3-6: i thought many would have said something, again i don't hear much on it at all so just thought i'd have my 1 cent lol