Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option When Being Left Behind Last Minute In Defense Missions

Scenario:

You're grinding hard for the prime part on rotation C. You have a good squad going, but after wave 5, a squad member leaves. After wave 10, another leaves, and two players have selected the right side of the screen where you decide to carry on with more waves. However, on the last second of the countdown, your last remain hope of a player chickens out and shifts to the left side of the screen, taking what rewards he has and bailing, leaving you behind to take on the rest of the waves. This happens to me all the time. I'm sick of offering up keys for players who don't want to go for the gold.

Is there some kind of network algorithm that can be written so when it detects one player suddenly taking on a multitude of enemies, could it provide a pop up message asking, "You are the last in your squad. Are you sure you wish to continue?" so when these chump players pull these lame tactics innocently or with trolling intent, we can be sure our time, effort and keys are not wasted.

Am I the only one getting tired of this?

I suggest that we be allowed to invite new players in, at each wave interval as long as there are less than the maximum amount of squad members. After your friend(?) bails on you instead of throwing you in the fray, you should be allowed to recruit at least one member and resume play. It currently won't let you because of the "Objective Completed" coding - but that should be lifted for endless missions like defense and interception, where a team is highly desirable to play productively.

This issue has brought up many times in the past and good suggestions have been made, like adding time when someone switches vote from continue to extract, and to prevent abuse, number of time you can switch is limited, say 2 times from continue to extract. This allows room for people to change their mind. At this point, DE is the weakest link to do something about it.

Edited by Candengard

I posted a similar post 2 years ago and nothing has happened since then.

The best solution I've seen so far is: The center vote is an abstain vote.
So if you definitely want to stay no matter what, you go Right.

If you definitely want to leave no matter what, you go Left.

If you don't mind staying but don't want to be the only one that does you go Center.

That way, if 2 or more go center, they stay, but if everyone goes left and one person is center, you all leave.

Please vote this up if you agree with me that this is the best solution.

Edited by Enemy1