The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If A "versus Mode" Was Added?

Churpy

Remember that awesome 4v4 gamemode in Valve's game "Left 4 Dead" where 4 players played as survivors and 4 as special infected?

Well, if you do, wouldn't it be awesome to see something similar in Warframe, with 4 players being able to play as enemy units? Imagine how suddenly crafty a few of the enemy would become!

If you have no idea what I'm talking about: Left 4 Dead is a 4 player story co-op game, there was a "versus" mode which was exactly the same as the story mode (4 player co-op) except that 4 players would also play as enemies (zombies) and basically try and ruin the survivors progress. They would earn bonus points for causing the team to outright fail the mission, and both teams would take it in turn to play as both sides.

Certain members of the community have been asking for PvP and while Warframe vs. Warframe PvP might never be looked at on a large scale, this might be the answer. There are however a few drawbacks to my idea. This doesn't fit in with the game, at all, for a start. Also, how would the enemy team be rewarded? Would it take away from the feel of the game a bit too much? *Shrug*

I think that more enemy types would have to be added too, for it to work well. It's an idea that would need a lot of work, but if it was done correctly I can see it being really, really fun. What's the thoughts and critique on this?

grineer roller zerg rush!!!

ontopic: it's doubtful that will happen, even if it will, it's not going to be for a long time. also, if an extensive PvP mode is implemented, people will start to demand balances for it, and DE has came out and say they will not do balances for PvP.

Is there PvP in Warframe? (When will there be PvP? Your game is dead without PvP! I have an idea for PvP mode!)
There is no PvP mode in Warframe yet. Face-palm? Sure, but when we started building this game a year ago, we saw plenty of PvP and less PvE. Right we want to focus and do one thing well: PvE. That said we are investing in better leaderboards, clans goals, and other more 'meta' forms of competition right now.

1v1 sparring will be added in Update 8. Let's see how that works first, before anything.

Besides, what would the 'bad' team consist of? Flameblade, Grineer Bombard, Napalm, and Heavy Gunner?

Edited by Shion963

grineer roller zerg rush!!!

ontopic: it's doubtful that will happen, even if it will, it's not going to be for a long time. also, if an extensive PvP mode is implemented, people will start to demand balances for it, and DE has came out and say they will not do balances for PvP.

This is exactly what I am suggesting this to combat. What balances would ever be needed if you're fighting players playing as Grineer?

This is exactly what I am suggesting this to combat. What balances would ever be needed if you're fighting players playing as Grineer?

even without the fact people will demand for balances, DE said they're focusing it on PvE. you'll need to work a lot harder than making a thread to change their mind.

(When will there be PvP? Your game is dead without PvP! I have an idea for PvP mode!)

There is no PvP mode in Warframe yet. Face-palm? Sure, but when we started building this game a year ago, we saw plenty of PvP and less PvE. Right we want to focus and do one thing well: PvE. That said we are investing in better leaderboards, clans goals, and other more 'meta' forms of competition right now.

1v1 sparring will be added in Update 8. Let's see how that works first, before anything.

Besides, what would the 'bad' team consist of? Flameblade, Grineer Bombard, Napalm, and Heavy Gunner?

I am by no means of the opinion you are implying, I am fine without Warframe ever having PvP. I know that 1v1 is added in U8, notice that in my post I said "while Warframe vs. Warframe PvP might never be looked at on a large scale". I love co-op games, I think this would be something to spice things up for the players that aren't so in love with PvE.

even without the fact people will demand for balances, DE said they're focusing it on PvE. you'll need to work a lot harder than making a thread to change their mind.

I'm not making a thread to change anybodies mind, simply to rally discussion on something that, maybe with a little work, could be pretty fun for the players looking for some small PvP content.

I'm not making a thread to change anybodies mind, simply to rally discussion on something that, maybe with a little work, could be pretty fun for the players looking for some small PvP content.

PvP threads is something we get atleast one every week here.

Edited by leonvision

PvP threads is something we get atleast one every week here.

Have any of them brought up something like this? If so, then I apologise, I guess I won't try to make suggestions for the game. I don't really care if DE won't implement it, I just want to have a discussion about it, if it was in the game, how it would work if it was. You know, kinda like what happens on those internet forums or something.

Have any of them brought up something like this? If so, then I apologise, I guess I won't try to make suggestions for the game. I don't really care if DE won't implement it, I just want to have a discussion about it, if it was in the game, how it would work if it was. You know, kinda like what happens on those internet forums or something.

I don't think anyone has but the games are so different from one another as well as the games mechanics. please remember that Left 4 Dead series bosses were able to take you down despite being a player or not, the bots there were moderately smart but what made the so effective was their killing speed and potential with all the abilities each one had. Now compared to this game, well it would be awfully one sided, not fun for the one side because of the power level differences of the two factions.

Now on the top of that those things there is a possibility of balancing it towards PvP mode, but then the normal one would suffer greatly from it making that mode possibly somewhat unpleasant, all for the sake of PvP.

Then there is the case of implementation withing the game mechanics and coding.

I'm sorry I don't want to be rude but in a game like this, I just can't see that mode happening.

I don't think anyone has but the games are so different from one another as well as the games mechanics. please remember that Left 4 Dead series bosses were able to take you down despite being a player or not, the bots there were moderately smart but what made the so effective was their killing speed and potential with all the abilities each one had. Now compared to this game, well it would be awfully one sided, not fun for the one side because of the power level differences of the two factions.

Now on the top of that those things there is a possibility of balancing it towards PvP mode, but then the normal one would suffer greatly from it making that mode possibly somewhat unpleasant, all for the sake of PvP.

Then there is the case of implementation withing the game mechanics and coding.

I'm sorry I don't want to be rude but in a game like this, I just can't see that mode happening.

I suppose it would take more work than I had initially imagined. I just figured that since for most of the playerbase the enemies seem rather incompetent most of the time, this might be a neat idea to give things a twist :(

Urr, let's see.

-Dark soul invasion mode topics whenever a new player see a stalker for the first time.

-Something from L4D popped up every now and then. (Frankly, I like it)

-Free4all, TDM, capture the flag topic at least once a day.

-etc, etc. (even puzzle-esque mode like streetfighter puzzle and dungeonmaster mode like Natural selection got mentioned, I think we got everything covered).

The question is there are so many other pvp games to play why do you want pvp in this one?

As I've already implied in my previous responses.. this is not a "DE MUST DO THIS OR GAME WILL DIE LOL NO PVP THIS SUCKS LOL" thread.

This is a "What if" thread. Look at the title of it. It actually has "What if" there. Not lying. What would it be like if they added it? I love Warframe just the way it is. I don't really give a crap if there's no PvP. Just trying to generate some discussion.

I can imagine that people are annoyed that PvP is constantly brought up - I am too - as neKroMancer has pointed out above there are a ton of suggestions already made, some quite bizarre and obviously desperate attempts at implementing PvP, and maybe mines has been raised already, I know it has flaws. It is JUST as bad and annoying to have a thread instantly de-railed just because PvP is a part of the suggestion.

I wish I could say that "I should have worded my thread better" but I really couldn't have. I just wanted to discuss it.