Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Headset For Simultaneous Xb1 & Pc Chat

[DE]Glen

You could probably daisychain the mic if you used it in reverse order.

Start by putting the mic into the PC. Setup some software to output the mic's audio separately from other audio channels. Then send that output into the mic channel of the xbox.

Most likely you have few extra audio outputs on your PC, you can use some of extra 7.1 channels and plug it to xbone input.

Or maybe you can use some separate audio device that will be plugged in to xbox input, you can use windows feature "listen on" to repeat your mic on another usb audio card output of which you can plug into xbone. 

Most likely you will need to plug two resistors in the cable and maybe one capacitor, got your soldering tools? XD

Asio4All + cockos reaper or some virtual audio cable software might help

Cables google found (LineOut -> MicIn) cost too much for the stuff they got, 30$ is not a good price for a cable that got 0.1$ extra components.

I've been testing on my setup with a PS4 and 360 and my PC (no Xbone yet). Haven't been able to get it to work without significant hum from the analogue Aux in. Also tried with other headsets (the Steelseries Siberia Elite is my current favourite) but no dice.

The TOS passthrough is a good idea but also sends all the console audio not just voice chat (unless I'm missing a setting somewhere) so it's not great for your purposes.

You could probably daisychain the mic if you used it in reverse order.

Start by putting the mic into the PC. Setup some software to output the mic's audio separately from other audio channels. Then send that output into the mic channel of the xbox.

I've considered this but you'd need to convert line-out voltage to mic-in -- totally different animals.

I've been testing on my setup with a PS4 and 360 and my PC (no Xbone yet). Haven't been able to get it to work without significant hum from the analogue Aux in. Also tried with other headsets (the Steelseries Siberia Elite is my current favourite) but no dice.

The TOS passthrough is a good idea but also sends all the console audio not just voice chat (unless I'm missing a setting somewhere) so it's not great for your purposes.

I was expect that from the TOS passthrough. :(

Cables google found (LineOut -> MicIn) cost too much for the stuff they got, 30$ is not a good price for a cable that got 0.1$ extra components.

Ah yes I see this cable now -- so I could use a multi-line USB sound interface, echo my PC mic line to a line-out and use this conversion cable to the mic-in on the headset, use the line-out on the headset into the USB card, echo this to my PC headset and the stream. 

It's actually not a bad solution!

Thank you! This is great!

The only thing I'm wondering about is: will people on stream be able to hear the VOIP mix from the squad? I'm not sure if the mixamp will present the voice-out from the gamepad as a separate line-in on the PC (if it does that would be brilliant!) but if it doesn't I'd have to set voice output to "TV" which evidently isn't a feature yet for XB1:

http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251648-friends-parties-profile-activity-feed/suggestions/6028675-the-ability-to-set-voice-through-speakers-or-heads

I'm not sure if the mixamp will present the voice-out from the gamepad as a separate line-in on the PC 

Yo can go all Pro and get true mixer, even cheap one like Behringer Q802USB it got  EQ and compressor and lots of knobs and levers.

FX Send can be used as separate output channel, so you can control volumes xbox getting on the fly, You can even get two of those,  one for mixing input, and another for mixing outputs XD