The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alloy Plate From Foundry

Guest InfluenceDevice

Guest InfluenceDevice

No search turned up a thread for this exact subject, so I apologise if it has been done already - a little bit of a stolen idea from other MMOs, but I suggest being able to turn 2500 ferrite and 2500 salvage (+5 gallium?) into 250 alloy plate via the foundry.

Amounts, time and credit costs at DE's discretion, of course.

The amount required would have to equivalent to the farming times, ill 250 alloy plate long before I farm 2500 ferrite, salvage plus galium

Point is we already have excessive amounts of Ferrite and Salvage, we don't even have to 'farm' them.

The point of this isn't to make it the same time wise. Alloy Plate is uncommon. Ferrite, Nanospores, Salvage... are weeds, they are what everyone has 10000s of collecting dust in your inventory before they get 1000 Alloy Plate.

If it took the same amount of time to farm up the Alloy Plate as the suggested resources to convert to Alloy Plate, guess what, everyone would be on their highest level frame running through Mercury levels ignoring all the mobs and opening all the lockers and containers and not even bother with systems that actually drop Alloy Plate.

Before someone points this out, yes, I know you still have to get "Mission Complete" to keep the resources you picked up regardless what system you are resource farming on.

That's a good idea but that is quite expensive for 250 alloy.

I think the whole idea was introduce a way to make some gains from excess resources. Efficiency doesn't really matter, because if I've got >10k Ferrite and Salvage, it doesn't really matter how much I use. At the end of the day, you get a useful resource (in this case, alloy plate) in return for resources you will currently NEVER run out of.

The point of this isn't to make it the same time wise. Alloy Plate is uncommon. Ferrite, Nanospores, Salvage... are weeds, they are what everyone has 10000s of collecting dust in your inventory before they get 1000 Alloy Plate.

If it took the same amount of time to farm up the Alloy Plate as the suggested resources to convert to Alloy Plate, guess what, everyone would be on their highest level frame running through Mercury levels ignoring all the mobs and opening all the lockers and containers and not even bother with systems that actually drop Alloy Plate.

Before someone points this out, yes, I know you still have to get "Mission Complete" to keep the resources you picked up regardless what system you are resource farming on.

You're forgetting two things. First, if you're doing it in the Foundry, you need a blueprint, which can add some small credit cost to the procedure. Second, and more importantly, it adds a wait time between conversions (or a small plat cost if people do not want to wait.) If it takes 6 hours to convert, then you're still only getting 1,000 alloy plate a day regardless of how much extra salvage and ferrite you've got. OR, you're spending platinum on the conversion, and in that case its your wallet that determines how much alloy you can make each day.

I agree that they do not need to be balanced such that farming times are comparable, but even if they were people wouldn't be running Mercury to get alloy plate via the Foundry. They might be running Mercury a few times per day for enough to keep their Foundry making alloy plate, but after that they'd still get alloy faster by farming for it directly.

you are aware that it's the blueprint that is the root of the problem right?  If blueprint wouldn't demand those resources you wouldn't be lacking in any of that

As such I would suggest amount of the resources use in bp's reflect:

1) how many other bp's use that resource

2) how much of these drops each packet

C'mon, there are automatic algorithms to optimize this.

Material conversion is a wonderful idea, but i have to say that if blue prints for these items don't drop as often so it would be kind of redundant having the conversion as it would be hard to do.

If the blueprints are buyable at 10,000 per blueprint and 15,000 to 20,000 cost of conversion, the idea becomes quite expensive. This may favours the devs idea of grinding, but overall with the waiting time, i don't think most players who really play for free would care to wait or convert so it would have little affect on the overall basis of gameplay.

Overall this can be a very splendid idea if it cost players to convert and time as well which would mean players would leave items to convert once they are not goint to play. This would admittedly have very little effect on gameplay wise or leveling wise. However the only problem comes from the fact that with this, would the devs decide to increase cost of materials for blueprints?

Maybe have it so you buy a perm bp, for a fair amount of money, based on how rare the item is, and you can start as many "crafts" as you want to whenever you want to. You still have to pay the starting fee though. But overall I love the idea.

There's no reason for DE to have to alter the existing Foundry system to allow permanently unlocked blueprints or multiple sets of the same resource to be in production at the same time. Larger scale conversions such as proposed in the OP would mean that it is an investment of credits and time (or platinum) in order to convert the resources you will never need into resources that everyone always needs more of.

This undermines the entire point of the resource system. People will just farm Xini/Eris exclusively and no longer have any reason to play another level since they can just convert resources to whatever they need.

You're forgetting two things. First, if you're doing it in the Foundry, you need a blueprint, which can add some small credit cost to the procedure. Second, and more importantly, it adds a wait time between conversions (or a small plat cost if people do not want to wait.) If it takes 6 hours to convert, then you're still only getting 1,000 alloy plate a day regardless of how much extra salvage and ferrite you've got. OR, you're spending platinum on the conversion, and in that case its your wallet that determines how much alloy you can make each day.

Read before you post.

A large conversion blueprint (as proposed in the OP) would consume decent amounts of resources, credits, and time in order to convert from one resource to another. Farming Xini won't get you much alloy plate unless you're spending platinum to rush the conversions. Though you could generate a fair amount of alloy plate when you can't play by logging on and starting some conversions with excess resources ....

Guest InfluenceDevice

A lot of valid points have been raised so far.

Yes, the idea to have a very intensive alternative path for reducing the overall time it takes to acquire certain resources. Yes, at the moment it is just a very basic idea with flaws. An idea that requires DE buy-in, balancing in line with the resource drop economy, credit economy and also has to fall in line with gameplay.

We're all slightly guilty of wanting to climbing up the game ladder fast and preferably without spending money or time. The idea more comes from my assumption that some people have limited time and money (friends included) and are not always prepared to buy weapons outright with platinum - the small amounts of platinum they have they may prefer to spend on Catalysts and Reactors where they get more game value.

Being able to pay a small amount, but far less than buying a weapon outright, to accelerate the manafacture of a component resource may be seen as valuable. DE would have to conduct an experiment.

The entire market is an experiment but it is fundamental to DE's continued business. It has changed recently from what we knew, earning WarFrame the slightly dubious moniker of "Alloy Plate farming simulator" on more than one thread. They must continue to experiment until they see people spending enough real money to sustain the business.

Who knows, DE may have an overhaul of all resource drops and requirements planned on the back of the impending patch and this idea becomes a moot point - opening up clan trading is going to create huge resource pools.

Very few of us are going to have an Alloy Plate'd toilet seat with optional Control Module on our solid Rubedo toilet in every room of the Clan Dojo :)

Now there's a blueprint idea.

Edited by InfluenceDevice