Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Annoys Me About Buying From Australia

Catalyst1945

I love buying from Australia. It's great when your dollar is worth $0.75 American and you have to sell your body parts on the black market if you plan on getting the new Prime Access. Steam is the same. Hell, most things are. Doesn't help when you still earn the same amount of money from jobs. It just means that the money you earn is going to equal a whole lot less when buying overseas. I also hate the fact that Australia has worse internet than Iraq. Try setting a matchmaking ping to around 200 and you'll never find a game. I can't even host games because of lag complaints :/

i cri

It's sad, but you know what's sad?

Our country has been ranked with the 2nd slowest internet in Asia(or just the southeast region). And we're paying for like 35$ per month for 2mbps connection. Also, the US Dollar is equivalent to 44 of our own currency.

So, cheer-up mate. you don't have it so bad. =)

Have a good day!

It's sad, but you know what's sad?

Our country has been ranked with the 2nd slowest internet in Asia(or just the southeast region). And we're paying for like 35$ per month for 2mbps connection. Also, the US Dollar is equivalent to 44 of our own currency.

So, cheer-up mate. you don't have it so bad. =)

Have a good day!

You made me cry

I love buying from Australia. 

I would too except for two things: 1) Shipping is insane. 2) Australia doesn't produce anything I remotely want other than Dingos and Wallabies. But those don't make very good pets.

d1a2df107dca2a6543d302d3ec348a39.png

2d73c48ce04f9f0c8cc0c164b300d8a4.png

Cry me a damn river. AAA games on Steam are 600+ bucks for me, it's not uncommon for AAA things, + DLC to cost well over a grand. 

Lets also not forget a lot of online stores wont ship into Africa, because a lot of the time things get stolen in customs. Yes that happens a lot, and it has happened to me on multiple occasions. I only have the choice of digital goods or African stores. 

I also have internet so bad, it's only just gotten past the point from being around the same as a 56k modem. I don't think I've ever played an online game without lag, especially in Warframe. We've only just been upgraded from a 386kb/s line to a 1mb/s line. Giving me a terrifying download speed from 30kb/s to 100kb/s. At peak hours when usage is low that is. My normal download speeds during the day is about 60kb/s.

Just some other fun facts, we're having weekly, and in most cases daily powercuts at the moment, which has been going on since the START of the year due to the infrastructure being so bad the power plant has more or less collapsed and they wont have it repaired this year. Meaning I have gone MULTIPLE days without electricity so far. This isn't the first time it's happened either. Couple years ago I was going entire weeks without electricity. 

Crime is also real bad, to the point we're living in mini forty knoxes. We have electrified wires around our house, atop a very high metal fence, and bars on every door and window, and that's considered light security. I've seen more than one person with electrified barbed wire fences around their homes. You do not go outside at night in this country. 

So once again, cry me a damn river. 

Edited by DecapitatingJim

wait till that one guy who's in Zimbabwe comments on here.

oWOWUye.png

I actually knew someone who was from Zimbabwe a couple years ago. Dude said it was basically a dictatorship. The stores were completely empty of everything, bread included, while the government person that runs the country lived in a palace and ate like a king each night. 

wait till that one guy who's in Zimbabwe comments on here.

oWOWUye.png

only 361.9 ZWD? I thought it was more. They have trillion dollar bills, ffs.

Anyway I love Australia and its a damn shame they're riddled with crap internet. I considered moving there.