Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Concern If Prestige Only Shifts Polarities

Volt_Cruelerz

Yes, it's easy, but it's still a time consumption in which the player isn't having as much fun as before (or at least, I don't enjoy playing Xini with unranked items nearly as much as rank 30 items).

Yah so it comes back to just doing it correctly, if the goal is to re-level there a fast and there are slow ways of doing so.

I'm not opposed either way really to what you're saying, I see what you're somewhat leaning toward as being like EQ's AA system, you didn't have to start all over, you got to use the power/leveling etc you already had to continue to make your character better, I just find your premise for why its needed to be woefully inaccurate for a game like Warframe where leveling is just so easy and simple.

I'd venture a guess that the cost of a prestige plays into a lot of the discussion here as well. The dynamics of a prestige that requires no more than a lvled weapon are vastly different than if prestiging requires its own grind of some type. I may cry if it takes alloy plates.

I'd venture a guess that the cost of a prestige plays into a lot of the discussion here as well. The dynamics of a prestige that requires no more than a lvled weapon are vastly different than if prestiging requires its own grind of some type. I may cry if it takes alloy plates.

This seems unlikely but I guess no one knows at this point. I imagine if it required more materials it would give us more than a polarity slot.

What do you mean burn credits for re-modding? I would just use a hodgepodge of mods and slowly put on my high level versions like I do now when leveling up weapons.

Ah, ok.  It sounded like you were suggesting re-modding from the ground up with new mods or something weird like that.  Regarding what you actually meant though: that is a valid point.  For me at least though, I feel like I'd still feel weaker overall rather than I had before and the progression wouldn't be any different from the first time around until the upper levels when those polarity changes start getting used.

Yah so it comes back to just doing it correctly, if the goal is to re-level there a fast and there are slow ways of doing so.

I'm not opposed either way really to what you're saying, I see what you're somewhat leaning toward as being like EQ's AA system, you didn't have to start all over, you got to use the power/leveling etc you already had to continue to make your character better, I just find your premise for why its needed to be woefully inaccurate for a game like Warframe where leveling is just so easy and simple.

You could minimize the time, but the duration would still be less pleasant I would expect.

Also, what does "EQ's AA system" refer to.  I can't think of any games I've played that are abbreviated EQ.

Knowing DE, I kinda expect there to be some Polarizing Core or something that you get from alerts and craft for various materials (probably Rubedo, Alloy, and something else).

This is just a personal guess though.  I could be (and probably am) way off.

EQ = Everquest.

They had a system that once players reached a maximum level, they could devote 0-100% of all exp gained from that point on into alternate abilities (AA) experience.  Which gave anywhere from passive buffs, to skill buffs and abilities etc.

Obviously with no death penalty in this game like frame exp or weapon exp losses (which I'm not advocating for in any way), makes devoting a range of exp a none issue in its use in another game.  It could be applied in the line of thought however, X% exp to warframe presitge, primary, secondary weapons and melee weapons.

Again, the amount of time it takes for the benefit in the longterm is rather negligible.  Most people will get a weapon where they want, and there will be so little need to do anything further that they will use weapons like they do now once things have been "maxed" out.  Even if it is not at its "maximum" the need or gain for doing anything additional is pointless.

Edited by Enot83