Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Super Jump, Bounce And Rush *more* Tactically Useful.

Ryanshow

Simplicity itself: Scale the melee damage and radius on the jumping melee by the distance fallen. With normal jump height being equal to what we have now, so you would get bonuses for falling farther. So super jump would suddenly give you a huge bonus. Likewise bounce would give you this effect as well.

For the rush mod add a bonus to melee based on how fast you are moving when you attack. This would give some added tactical value to rush besides keeping up with the team.

if it is height based wouldn't the map itself (outdoor corpus and the larger grineer mine tiles) instead of jumping abilities provide the largest height differences?  i would imagine bosses being so vulnerable after a few backflips between two pillars would make the game mechanics look kind of silly as well.

I definitely like your super jump idea. In general, damage done from a "ground pound" hit should scale from how far you fall, like if you drop down into that huge elevator shaft in the grineer mining level, if you hit the ground there, that should do major damage.  

Would enhance stealth play to a certain degree too.  Reminds me a bit of Metal Gear.

if it is height based wouldn't the map itself (outdoor corpus and the larger grineer mine tiles) instead of jumping abilities provide the largest height differences?  i would imagine bosses being so vulnerable after a few backflips between two pillars would make the game mechanics look kind of silly as well.

I didn't think of the pillar backflips. But I wouldn't scale the damage so far that it made bosses obsolete of course, more along the lines of 1x - 3x damage and 3x damage at the max jump height of super jump and not scale it anymore past that.

Rhino would be left with low damage while loki would be very happy indeed :P

True, perhaps it would have to be a condition of the rush mod itself so as not to run into that melee imbalance.

Yah not gonna lie. I don't know how to resolve that yet.

Wait, why wouldn't you want to promote somebody backflipping between two pillars to insane heights and then jumping down to attack from there for massive damage?

Umm...  Volt with this...  Speed with Rush would become stupidly terrifying.

I think rush would just be +x% damage while running, not actually extra damage based on speed. Although volt+rush could actually be a pretty cool. It'd be nice if we had more neat little combos like link+thunderbolt.

I think rush would just be +x% damage while running, not actually extra damage based on speed. Although volt+rush could actually be a pretty cool. It'd be nice if we had more neat little combos like link+thunderbolt.

Didn't even think of that combo either.

Emergent gameplay. Love it.

There was a similiar thread some time ago (without Bounce obviously, as it was prior to Vaubans release) which had the same idea although it was just damage scaling with falling height. Nevertheless I also like the idea to at least slightly "combatize" some other of the utility stuff. So now as then, I very much support this idea.

More incorporation of wallrunning into combat in general would be nice. We've got this possibility of insane acrobatic fights that we're not taking advantage of yet.

Edited by Argoms