Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Platinum So Affordable?

stacey69

I bought new shoes for £50 and they lasted me 2 months.

I bought Boltor for £5 and it lasted 2 months and i still use it !

Platinum compared to real world money is so worth it.

The fun i had on Vauban. O how we chuckled as be bounced around... Best £5 i ever spent on a game.

Stop deleting my posts. There's far worse on here that isn't being censored. Unless you prefer cat pictures.

If warframe closes for any reason you just wasted some money, while the new shoes are something you can keep forever.

also, what shoes did you buy that cost £50? Seems fairly expensive to me (I think I could find a good pair for less than that...)

edit:

What posts have they been deleting? I would like to know if it's actually S#&$ that breaks the rules.

this ^

edit2: something else I noticed, lots of GMs saying plat is inexpensive/affordable, however you got the best deal plat wise (i.e. the more you spend, the better the ratio of $ to plat you get). It doesn't mean your opinions are invalid/worth less (not worthless), but it does show you have a good amount of spending money (mostly) which is not the case for a lot of people. (for comparison the $5 and $10 pack vs GM pack,

75 / 5 = 15:$1 ($5 pack)

170 / 10 = 17:$1 ($10 pack)

8875 / 250 =35.5: $1 (GM pack)

(just in case anyone was silly enough to think that the GM pack doesn't give the best deal)

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Well i like to compare the Platinum Model of Warframe to the Skin Prices of LoL.

In my honest opinion you are right, i mean people spend more money on fast food

and lets be honest who really has to decide if they want a Big Mac or some new Fresh Space Potatoes.

Allways go with the Potatoes my friends.. allways.

Edited by Manelag

If your posts really are being deleted, it's likely the tone. You're basically saying anyone who can't throw away $5-10 on impulse is worthless and their opinions mean nothing.

Edited by Argoms

If warframe closes for any reason you just wasted some money, while the new shoes are something you can keep forever.

I bought new shoes for £50 and they lasted me 2 months.

That's some bad shoes to last just 2 months :/

also, what shoes did you buy that cost £50? Seems fairly expensive to me (I think I could find a good pair for less than that...)

edit:

this ^

That applies to any MMO,  subscription, micro transaction, one time purchase, and now any game with always-on DRM. If the server goes down, you lose your money.

And £50 for decent shoes is pretty normal, I have to spend £60+ to get shoes in a size twelve that aren't made of cardboard.

Well i like to compare the Platinum Model of Warframe to the Skin Prices of LoL.

In my honest opinion you are right, i mean people spend more money on fast food

and lets be honest who really has to decide if they want a Big Mac or some new Fresh Space Potatoes.

Allways go with the Potatoes my friends.. allways.

I can agree skin prices are bad (imo) in LoL, but for $10, you can get an expesnive champ, and a cheap one, or save 405RP for later, compared to needing ~$30 for the most expensive frame in warframe

That's some bad shoes to last just 2 months :/

that too, ESPECIALLY for £50

That applies to any MMO,  subscription, micro transaction, one time purchase, and now any game with always-on DRM. If the server goes down, you lose your money.

And £50 for decent shoes is pretty normal, I have to spend £60+ to get shoes in a size twelve that aren't made of cardboard.

hm maybe it's because I have smaller feet, but a pair of shoes that have lasted me for ~a year or more, have NEVER cost more than $40

I just had burger and chips delivered to my house. It was awful and tasteless and cost me £9. Next time I'll cook and buy a new Warframe instead.

Platinum is rather good value. If only others could see this. The shoes i could have bought were those nice air ones that cushion as you walk. They were £150. I took the difference and bought platinum and have been having a great time ever since. I used to spend a minimum of £30-£40 a month on games so i think Warframe is great value. I can play free and also get something shiny once in a while with my platinum. 

Also nice to support a brilliant games company. Was just what i was looking for. No AAA title i bought in the last 5 years has lasted me more than a day or so. Diablo 3 being the only excepetion.

hm maybe it's because I have smaller feet, but a pair of shoes that have lasted me for ~a year or more, have NEVER cost more than $40

You're also in america, where mass production is king, I have to buy my shoes from small family businesses.

Congratulations stacey, for making that list of people.

You're also in america, where mass production is king, I have to buy my shoes from small family businesses.

England isn't exactly free of chain stores and mass produced bullS#&$ either.

true, but you're not exactly free of chain stores as Argoms said.

I just had burger and chips delivered to my house. It was awful and tasteless and cost me £9. Next time I'll cook and buy a new Warframe instead.

Platinum is rather good value. If only others could see this. The shoes i could have bought were those nice air ones that cushion as you walk. They were £150.

S#&$ £150 on SHOES? What that says to me, is you have plenty of money to spend, and while that's great (no really, good for you!) this is NOT the case for everyone.

I took the difference and bought platinum and have been having a great time ever since. I used to spend a minimum of £30-£40 a month on games so i think Warframe is great value. I can play free and also get something shiny once in a while with my platinum. 

Also nice to support a brilliant games company. Was just what i was looking for. No AAA title i bought in the last 5 years has lasted me more than a day or so. Diablo 3 being the only excepetion.

What AAA titles did you try? There are plenty out there worth playing, I.e. (and imo) Fallout 3/New vegas, dishonored, left for dead 2, etc

Ever tried parkour? sometimes there lucky to last 1 month lol :P

Question is, does he do it? And if you gotta buy new shoes every month or so, I'd imagine you wouldn't spend $80 each time. (would you? seems like a VERY expensive hobby)

No, it's not, but they don't all produce size 12 shoes and they don't last very long either, hence the shoes I buy cost £60 and last me about 4-5 years.

that's pretty good I'd say for 4-5 years

Congratulations stacey, for making that list of people.

England isn't exactly free of chain stores and mass produced bullS#&$ either.

No, it's not, but they don't all produce size 12 shoes and they don't last very long either, hence the shoes I buy cost £60 and last me about 4-5 years.

I sense strong elements of sarcasm. Then again you're Grand Master, which includes 5665 platinum. Happy spending.

And you're a master which includes a fair bit of platinum too, why are you having a go at him for supporting warframe with money he seems happy to pay? Helps DE produce even more awesome content. And just because he chose to buy a grandmaster package doesn't mean he's rich, I have it and I can barely afford rent this month, but I really wanted to support the awesome job DE are doing, so I saved up and spoiled myself a bit.

If your posts really are being deleted, it's likely the tone. You're basically saying anyone who can't throw away $5-10 on impulse is worthless and their opinions mean nothing.

Yes it was the tone. I mentioned mummy and daddy and was just damn right naughty. Nothing worth deleting though. As for you Argoms. By the time you get Vauban it will be nerfed and changed into something you wont want anyway. That is the way of Warframe. If you want to enjoy Vauban, i would spend some money now while the oven is hot.

Because i abused you in your topic I'm prepared to gift you a Vauban to say sorry. PM me your steam name and ill gift you a Vauban or plat etc to get one.