Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Large Multi-Phase Bosses

Ignigknot

Just a thought of mine, but I would love to see some really large boss enemies that had multiple phases to the fight. After comming off playing WoW for several years, I guess I just got used to that type of battle. Not saying that the fights would have to be all the intricate, but it would be cool to have a bit more incorporated into boss fights. What do you guys think?

i think it would fit just fine into warframe. would take a few new area cells to fit one but if the fusion moas can launch drones that are seperate entities why not make a boss that can, in effect, do the same thing. consider it stages of a boss

sounds good to me +1

As you said, it's an idea from MMO. It doesn't fit in warframe right now, however some harder boss that simply doesn't die by empting in him full magazines, would be nice, puzzle, parkour around...

MMO = A massively multiplayer online game. 

Just sayin :D
And this is too an mmo, bosses with multiple phases are quite common, i wouldn't mind it, even some tenno style boss mission with attacking stealing their artifact and on the way out destroying the core of the ship while multiple enemies pursuing you and just before extraction point another boss awaits for you with the timer getting close to zero. it would be intense and awesome :D
Edited by Shrooms

It could work to some degree. I mean just imagine a large corpus robot we'd have to blow up piece by piece before exposing its actual weak point. I think that'd be kinda cool. Or some sort of horrible infected monstrosity with chunks to blow off to make it less lethal at the expense of taking a little longer to fight or something.

aren't half the grineer bosses just that? Tyl whatever who drops ash is just super generic melee dude too.

Yeah, that's my point. They're almost definitely placeholders given their behaviors. Kril is effectively a dressed up heavy gunner etc.

Just a thought of mine, but I would love to see some really large boss enemies that had multiple phases to the fight. After comming off playing WoW for several years, I guess I just got used to that type of battle. Not saying that the fights would have to be all the intricate, but it would be cool to have a bit more incorporated into boss fights. What do you guys think?

Jackal pn venus almost fits the bill.

Edited by Rabcor