The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Pvp Mode Concept] Guardian - Aka: "vip Mode"

Morec0

Spawned from a short discussion I came in on the tail end of in Council chat.

"To protect oneself is a trivial matter, but to protect those important to you is a task not so easily fulfilled. Protect your Executor, strike down the enemy's."

- Teshin

This PvP mode would be a team-based kinda Assassination-inspired thing. Basically how it works is that the full match is divided up into three rounds; a single random player on each team is assigned the "Executor" role at the start of each of these rounds, gaining massively increased damage and defense (shields, health, ect.).

Being the Executor, however, means you are the target of the enemy team, because while your team will respawn indefinitely through the match, if you die the enemy team scores a point. You WILL enter a brief bleedout state, however, rather than dying right off the bat, so if an ally can manage to revive you they can keep the match going without the enemy team gaining a point

At the end of all three rounds (so that even if one team gets 2 scores right in the first two rounds the bat the other team might still get a little bonus win Standing with a win in the third) the team (Sun or Moon, duh) who took down the enemy executor more often will be the winner.

What do ya'll think?

Sounds like a nice idea. Just hope that the VIP doesn't hide for the whole match. Maybe there should be a marker on the map/HUD for where the enemy VIP is.

Eh, I'd argue that would be a viable strategy - bunker down and attempt to survive there rather than use your increased damage for offense - but I can see how that would be problematic.

Eh, I'd argue that would be a viable strategy - bunker down and attempt to survive there rather than use your increased damage for offense - but I can see how that would be problematic.

It could be a thing where at first no one knows where the VIP is, giving them the opportunity to choose whether to hide or go on the offensive. Then, after a set amount of time has passed, they are marked on the map.

It could be a thing where at first no one knows where the VIP is, giving them the opportunity to choose whether to hide or go on the offensive. Then, after a set amount of time has passed, they are marked on the map.

Hmm, yeah, that would help with game length - i.e. shoot for 21 minute matches (7 for each round) after 4 minutes they are revealed... Time needs work, though, Warframe's fast but I'm not sure it's THAT fast...