Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Factions Battle For Control!

CharlesSnippy

This is rather ambitious, but certainly doable. It'd be probably require an update of it's own somewhere in the future, but I feel like this would really benefit the game. As it stands, the Grineer are relentlessly expanding, forcing other factions aside or enforcing an oppressive totalitarian regime. The Corpus are feverishly searching for Orokin artifacts, pushed on by religious zeal and more practical needs for advanced weaponry. The infested are encroaching on the Solar System, consuming and terraforming vast swathes of land. I propose the we show this in game.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if the DE's have already considered this, it may even be on the list of future plans. But if not, I think it could add a fair bit of replay value, and make the world feel more alive. Basically, the various factions would now actually vie for control of areas, and solar landmarks would change hands along the frontlines of this conflict. Additionally this could tie in rather well to the current encounter system that spawns a rival faction mid mission. Doing missions that are in contested areas would result in one or both other factions already being present.

What do you guys think? 

Good, so it's not just me. I don't want us Tenno to be getting territory, just the other factions. Perhaps have a planet that your clan is based on, and have your dojo get assaulted by the sectors current enemies from time to time (like once a week, tops).

Incidentally, it could be interesting if bosses moved around, it doesn't make much sense for the devastating power of the J-3 Golem to sit in his ship light minutes away from the action, the Lotus even says that he is responsible for attacks throughout the system.