Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mouse Sens While Zooming Should Be Separately Adjustable

Vanadio

One sens for normal shooting, an other while zoomed. I would like increased sens while zoomed, the one you get is too much low.

Design choice or may we hope for the feature?

thx for reading.

Edited by Vanadio

When you right click your weapon, I would like to have a different sensitivity from that you get. You can adjust the "normal" sensitivity but you can't adjust the "zoomed" one. The ratio between the two is fixed.

I cannot explain it better, I hope it is clear.

ah, kk, i get ya now... this is honestly the first time i have seen someone abbreviate sensitivity as sens.

i really dont notice an issue with the zoom sensitivity, and its not like i zoom in for 10 min at a go... more like i zoom in to put a bullet or two at someones face and move to the next target, causing me to zoom out and then repeat. on that note, the general pace of this game sorta forces you to worry less about zooming in and more about pointing the gun at the enemy than anything else... though i suppose that could be counter intuitive to the way some people want to play (ex. snipers).

to be honest, i really dont see a need for a sensitivity slider or something to that effect. zooming in should always have the draw back of forcing your look speed to drop. shooting from the hip should be sloppy and quick (fast to move, but not that accurate) while scoped/zoomed should be slower and more precise. giving you the option to increase they look speed would mean that zooming in has no drawbacks.

to be honest, i really dont see a need for a sensitivity slider or something to that effect. zooming in should always have the draw back of forcing your look speed to drop. 

No, no, no, no, no. This just punishes people who don't have the right equipment (there are mice with extra buttons that you can bind different sensitivities to).

No, no, no, no, no. This just punishes people who don't have the right equipment (there are mice with extra buttons that you can bind different sensitivities to).

You gave me an evil idea, a macro that switch sensitivity on the fly if you keep right click pressed...

You gave me an evil idea, a macro that switch sensitivity on the fly if you keep right click pressed...

How is that evil? Plenty of people do that sort of thing. Some people have right click bound to reduce fov in certain fps games that don't aiming down sights.

Long story short, it is evil to use external software to do things in games, like those you say, included autofire...

Is English your first language? Just wondering, since "evil" does not seem like a fitting word- it gets the idea across, but probably isn't the best word. 

Is English your first language? Just wondering, since "evil" does not seem like a fitting word- it gets the idea across, but probably isn't the best word. 

The use of the word seems fine to me, and at least where I am it's used like that commonly enough. 

The use of the word seems fine to me, and at least where I am it's used like that commonly enough. 

Not sure about that. Google's definition of evil: "Profoundly immoral and malevolent"

By this definition, calling all macros evil implies:

1) They break rules (which they do not in this case, DE approves of macro usage)

2) They are used with bad intentions (which is often not the case. For example, a macro to click repeatedly to reduce finger strain)

I know this isn't the only definition of evil, so tell me, why do you think that macros are evil (or could be considered evil)?

Edited by Argoms

English is not my first language, sorry.

Since I do not suffer finger strain (so far in 17 years FPS playing), I consider me evil if I use software to autofire, since I know for sure that I cannot deliver 10 _clean perfectly rhythmic_ clicks per second (akbolto) without that piece of evil software... It's not me, it's a software, and the software is making possible impossible things.

Edited by Vanadio

English is not my first language, sorry.

Since I do not suffer finger strain (so far in 17 years FPS playing), I consider me evil if I use software to autofire, since I know for sure that I cannot deliver 10 _clean_ click per second (akbolto) without that piece of evil software... It's not me, it's a software, and the software is making possible impossible things.

(See, thrain?)

Evil isn't the right word for this in English. More appropriate would probably be "cheap" or "lazy", but not evil.