The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

BelieverZ

I'm saying there are better ways to spend money in game than wasting it on avatars while still supporting DE, but 30 platinum for two avatars you can bite me. If I could make my own custom avatar and put it in game for 30 platinum hell yes

The original Avatars were Plat only for a long time. Being 30k was a recent thing that seems to have been done because they were on their way out.

So this new set being plat only isnt something new. In fact, if a third set ends up coming out it's likely that this second set may be a credit purchase later on.

I fully support OP's post.  I have actualy posted a vary similar post a few days after the update.  It's nice to see more people supporting it as well!

Actually the helmets do provide in game perks.  Sure they come with a drawback, but depending on the play style you choose for your various frames it could be beneficial.  They are worth checking out at least.

Sorry what i meant i would buy them as they give perks, but i won't buy them from market why? cos the are free :D

"eh i wouldnt even waste 30k or 30 platinum on avatars they serve no purpose if they were 1k and 10k i might consider but its still a waste of money"

Your call to make.

"LOL whats even the point of having this in game other than to pinch pennies out of customers pockets."

Also your call to make, but can't agree with "to pinch pennies out of customers pockets".  Like every other person who works to support themselves, DE needs to make money.  I know you understand that.  If you don't choose to support them, that's perfectly fine.  But don't belittle them because they want to get paid for their work just like you and I do.  FTP gaming just uses a non-traditional way of generating income to pay the help.

With the exception of a handful of Melee weapons, everything in this game is purchasable with money. It's often times the simplest way to get things. Some things are only purchasable with money. and in the case of the foundry, money is the only way to get your  blueprints done in a reasonable amount of time, and it doesn't even scale based on hours you have left.

Everything can be bought with money. So if people aren't spending that money, then either the prices are ridiculous, or they don't want or can't spend money. If they're in financial straights, it's not because of lack of things to sell to players. 

That argument doesn't fly in this case at all. If they don't want  to let us use just any picture to keep their forum aesthetic ((which isn't really all that impressive to begin with)) Intact, that's fine. But they shouldn't charge people for a product nobody actually asked for. That's nickel and diming your consumer base.

And if it was a lot of hard work and effort that they did specifically on these avatars to have something to sell, it was a waste of time, they could have spent that time, making poster prints and T shirt graphics if they wanted to make money in a justifiable way. and it would have been a hell of a lot more than what they're getting doing it this way. 

and if they just took artful screen shots of Pre Rendered 3D models ((which they would have lying around on their computers)) then they put no effort into it and damn sure shouldn't get the money.

There is no way at all to justify this on their part.

BramBlackmon, I haven't bought any of the new packs, and I'm not sure I will.  My main point was simply, 'don't begrudge DE the right to make a living from their work'.  IMO, veosluice made DE look bad for trying to make money from what they've done, and that's an honorable thing to do, not something to make fun of.  Whether they're asking too much -and I suspect you and I might agree on that topic- is something different.  As I said, whether to pay or not is the player's call to make.