The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation Missions Suggestions

DarkRuler2500

During excavation, especially on high level missions, it has become obligatory to bring in a frost/slow nova or nyx/slow nova. Why is that? Because the damage output dealt by enemies is insanely high compared with the pity health of the excavator. I recently observed one single detron crewman on Triton (Neptune) who shot down one excavator with three single shots within two seconds. This is just a pity since it destroys fun with playing because you are forced to use Frost/Nyx and other disable enemies-frames like Nova or Banshee. You cannot "just play" and fun decreases because of this.

Here is my suggestion and I believe it will make a nice gameplay addition

Energy Shielded Excavators

excavatorshieldedc8u6c.png

What's the sense of putting more energy into an excavator who has already enough energy to dig out its stuff. It instantly recharges the shield to 500 mere points and that's it. Here is my concept. Increasing an excavators energy above the needed amount will activate an energy bubble consuming the energy above the needed amount. Energy is consumed by 1% every three seconds as long as the shield is active. When the over-energy is gone the shield will deactivate as well.

The shield however is not undestroyable. But it will never go completely because it is like a nullifiers shield. When receiving damage the shield should slowing become smaller and smaller until it reveals parts of the excavator open for damage. But this should only occur after approximately 3-6 seconds of incoming enemy fire. The shrinking of the shield does NOT increase with the incoming damage. It only scales on the amount of projectiles incoming and the time of being under fire. This way you can have a nice reaction time when dealing with high level enemy.

I like it . I agree about always needing. A frost or slow nova . I like to solo and I would love to play other frames besides the few that will last.

I hope DE sees this and takes note of this idea. I wonder how often they look at posts and actually say hey that's a good idea.