Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Environmental Modifiers: A Rework Ii

Juper0

• 1 month later...

I love all of the ideas,as all of them make sense and give you a boost or a challenge to have mor fun

what i would also like is the idea of implementing something simmilar in the rank-up tests,giving you a timelimit to dodge hazards,test accuracy and all those things.

Another thing to be added could be doors blocked by goo. Of couse, only in maps with infested. In this situation, you need to shoot the goo until it's destroyed to open a door. It can even regrow blocking the door again or keeping it open!

Well, goo-blocked doors are present in Dark Sector(only fire destroys the black goo there), why not in Warframe?

Other infested hazards could be:

- a sticky gel( present on the floor and/or sac-like destructible pods. Every moving thing affected has its mobility decreased, melee attack speed slowed and weapons are jammed. My inspiration for these are Dead Space(creepy floor) and Starcraft(Ensnare ability).

- a plant-like creature who throws spines. Radius shot if  enviromental hazard. Fixed on walls, ceiling and/or floor. An infested ranged unit maybe. Destructible of course.

- on planet surfaces, where are the mines? "Bouncing Betties" can be pretty dangerous...

The land mine ideas are really cool. i think the goo thing is already covered... just a little differently. but still a good idea. 

remember this is about map hazards. not new enemy types. you have good ideas for them. but this is not the thread for them. 

• 1 month later...

Was just starting a new topic with similar ideas when I stumbled upon this on the wiki. Damn you :3 

Awesome ideas, strange the topic seem to got abandoned. I really hope some of it will make it into the game someday.

Some input from me:

Weather can be a bit reworked with some impact to actual gameplay, not just visibility.

For instance, acid rains could occur on Grineer Settlement, and hails on Corpus Outpost. Both drain shields from everyone outdoors at a rapid rate, forcing Tenno to either wait indoors or run fast from cover to cover.

Also, this cool idea:

I've been itching for a ship-wide power failure. No lights, dark yellow/blue/green visual filter, enemies with night-vision equipment staging ambushes behind shields, behind doors which need to be manually wrenched open. Everything echoes.

may be in the form of periodic interruptions which occasionally make lights go out for a few seconds; during blackouts, doors are also powered off, meaning that closed doors cannot be opened and opened ones won't shut; enemies loose sight of the Tenno and start searching; Corpus laser barriers, cameras and turrets are down; no hacking is possible during this and any hacking process underway will be interrupted; lock down may not be removed or engaged; alarms get disabled and may or may not resume after the blackout. Possibly, triggers low gravity effects as well.This (in  periodic or constant form) can also be added as a consequence of destruction of the power core in sabotage missions.

And it would be cool to have a higher chance of environmental hazards on alert missions to the point of having at least one of them (with this variety they can be combined, right?), because they are, well, alert missions.

Edited by Artarrwen

wow! people are commenting on this again! I gave up on this. I figure DE is going a different direction. there is a little bit of map dynamics, but for the most part they seem to want to keep them static. leave it to enemies and orokin traps to make the game interesting.

Trainer, everyone will have a different opinion on what makes the game slow/annoying/hard to farm. but really the farming focus is keeping this game from being....... interesting. oh sure its full of eye candy and epic moments. but there is little problem solving to do and that, for me and many others, means it has no longevity. some people are portal players. some are CoD players. there are a few who like both. so you will likely find any of these things annoying.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a few problems with some of the hazards you had listed.

For example, panels exploding and coolant pipes might be hard to implement, as the Corpus don't exactly have pipes running all over the place, and the Grineer have a ton of them, meanwhile this plus other select hazards would probably be extremely hard to implement due to the existing tilesets not being made around hazards like these.

Some I like however, like the self destruct sequence and the factions fighting and causing power outs, self destruct, etc but it'd be nice if they also added the attacker's ship, like how the Grineer board the Corpus ships in the Gravidus Dilemma event.

The weather is a good idea for Phobos and the Corpus outposts, though perhaps if there was a non-icy outpost for the Corpus...

And I just wanted to mention that for locking down the ship, setting off an alarm, etc yourself may be an issue as when you go to a control panel right now if the ship is locked down or a breach in the hull, you get an option to press X to unlock/shield the windows. There's no menu for hacking or anything. There'll have to be if there were multiple things you could do at one at one time, like lock down the ship or set off an alarm at the very start of the mission. So they'd have to redo that to have that work.