Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Taking Coptering Away Won't Make Melee Any Less Centralized

radthezero

Sorry but what the heck? If you have issue with coptering, just don't use it.

Coptering is usefull and fun. But NO ONE force you to use it.

You, on the other side, are forcing people to not appreciate it anymore.

It was a glitch, been a feature and unfortunately will be removed. Sad. It could have been improved instead of a complete removal.

W&S

This has been the ignorant stance of many that simply want something to stay that they like.  It never works and its never right.

I have to play by the same rules that you do.  Just because I want to push a button and win the game doesn't mean I should be allowed to because its what I want.  Just like how you want to push a button and fly across the map.  It isn't okay because it can be ignored by some.  Its available for the player to do and its a glitch that needs to be fixed.

It was left in as Warframe's "rocket jumping" back when the community was smaller and DE was afraid of alienating the vocal, arguably unskilled, players that comprised a healthy chunk of the playerbase.  Now that a larger, more skill-demanding mass of people play Warframe, DE is able to acknowledge flaws, fix them, and move on.

Just like its time for you to acknowledge, adapt, and move on.

Parkour 2.0 is coming about because people want getting across the map to be more challenging and rewarding than pushing a macro.

Edited by Thaumatos

Coptering looks stupid and un-ninja-like. It was never intentional and is being replaced by something that does the same thing, is more accessible, and looks more graceful. This has nothing to do with melee balance. Coptering was never used for melee'ing.

Well, according to DE itself, it's about balancing. I -WILL- agree with you, though, that it looks kinda stupid, but hey, not all bugs are all that bad. If Capcom hadn't left the hit-register bug intact when Street Fighter II lauched, we wouldn't have combos, for one. I'm still glad it's going away, though.