Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[DISC/SUGG] New Warframe/Weapon Ideas!

Raiker

I was thinking of maybe a bow that takes the place of your pistol, that can maybe pin enemies to walls on lethal damage. Maybe throwing knives or a sword/shield combo for a melee slot item, and maybe a bullpup rifle?

Any other ideas?

What I want is a blade that swaps your combos to a more kendo style of fighting.

Meaning. I want the sword to be at my hip at all times, and when I swing with it, If I just click it's a quick strick out that cuts what's infront of me, and if I continue to click I do a normal combo for less damage, as if I were using any other sword. Then if I hold my click down I take a moment to charge, and when the attack happens I slide forward just a little bit and do a heavy attack. (Like a mini slide slash)

Greeting Fellow Tenno!

Frames: Hacker, Engineer, Cryo-Based, Saint or Kingly looking (Ref: Infinity Blade 1&2 for Smart Phones)

Long Gun Ideas: RPG, Grenade Launcher, Sholder-mounted cannon, Lazor Rifles, Plasma Rifles, Pulse Rifles, Flame/Cryo/Poison-Throwers

Short Gun Ideas: Throwing Knives, Glaves (Think darkSector here!), Hand Cannons, Repulser Blaster (Iron Man FTW)

Melee Weapons: Greatsword, Scythe, Halberd, Any variation on Chainsaws, Lazors, or Explaoding versions of any current or a to be added weapons.

Misc things: Fighting styles, Chain/Grapple fighting

Edited by Arkfall

That is the Bolto, almost word for word, it just a pistol and not a bow.

Even fires life-like bolts.

Going with the ninja-esque aspect of the game. Also, it could shoot flaming arrows, detonating arrows, etc. It doesn't HAVE to pin to walls, it was just a suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

Weapons that aren't balanced only with stats that affect only themselves.

Weapons could affect stats you get from your other gear.

Like a weapon that isn't all that powerful, but instead gave you bigger energy capacity.

Also they could give negative stats, or maybe both.

A really huge cannon, but it decreases ammo of your other weapons.

Or a staff with integrated shield battery so it increases you shield capacity, but wouldn't be so effective otherwise.

Or maybe two daggers that decrease your energy, but give you more speed?

This would give the developers more freedom when designing weapons so they didn't have to play around with a limited amount of stats.

Edited by Kaiku

A mace would be cool. Like the other blunt weapons, it would ignore armor. To make is stand out from the Frago, it would be faster, have less reach, and less damage

Silenced weapons would be nice for "stealthy" play, which is more or less impossible at the moment. A silenced pistol with 25-35 dmg, 8 rof, 100 acc, and 15 clip could be neet. I based the stats on a hypothetical "Slato", which is the Lato from the Aklato, but silenced and with slightly more power. A "Slex" would also be a possiblity. Same stats as the Lex but more expensive and silenced. Silenced weapons would only tip off enemies if they were the one hit or they saw the target die. A silence semi-auto rifle or sniper rifle would also be nice. Either a silenced Snipertron or Latron, or a silenced gun that is between the two damage, rof, and clip wise.

On the other end of things, explosions! Either explosive mods (adds AOE damage to every shot) or a gun that fires explosive shells. A shotgun that fires exploding pellets would be cool, even if it's single or two shot (bonus points for a break action reload). A normal rocket, rpg, or grenade launcher would also be neet, if not as awesome as a shotgun that fires high explosive rounds.

There's no real incentive to buy more weapon slots. Some more situational weapons might change that. Rumor has it there are going to be levels with more large rooms and open spaces eventually, so a full auto gun that has high accuracy would be nice. Say a "Long Range Braton" that's identical to the Braton except for having ~80 accuracy, but xp locked to lv 2 or 3 and more expensive would be cool. I have the Gorgon (and will have the Hek) for close range, but if we get large, expansive levels with long range fire fights, they won't work as well. A gun or two that ignores armor entirely, like the blunt melee weapons do, would also be nice. It would need to have less base damage than other guns though.

Moving on to warframes, a light based frame would be cool. Lots of moves that distract or blind. For example, one power could be where the frame surrounds itself in a cloak of shimmering light, which would either decrease the accuracy of enemies looking in its direction or give the frame a dodge chance. The fourth power could be a giant laser cannon that fires straight at your reticle, piercing through enemies, doing massive damage, and blinding everything it hits. Kind of like slash dash, but with no movement of the frame, unlimited range, and a blind.

I would like to see Power Coils added to the game (Energy Whips).

Pros:

-Has a long reach for a melee weapon.

-Charge-up attack has a chance to trip the target.

-Can hit flying targets easily

Cons:

-Lower Charge-up damage

-Single Target

-Doesn't ignore armor

-No AoE Ground attack

Edited by Hammie

Chain sickle - use weighted chain to drag your enemy toward you and slash them with the sickle.

- Drag your target silently toward you, similar to Golem's 'come at me' move, with charged melee. If the target is larger than you then you will dive toward the target instead. Bigger target has higher chance to 'break free' from your chain.

- Slice your victim to pieces with sickle.

- Flying target recieve blunt damage from weight attached at the end of the chain (or got pulled to the player, both are fine).

Always like these sorts of threads.

Pile Bunker - Single fist weapon. Basically an explosive/pneumatic powered spike. Weapon has a "magazine". Main attack fires of a heavy charge punch with disgusting force. Heavy melee reloads the weapon - interuptable and takes a second or two.

Armblades - edged weapon alternatives to the fist class - faster/smoother attack patterns sans the armor piercing.

Magcoil Rifles - Single shot linear rifle. A Tenno-themed heavy rifle that crackles with electricity, fires an extremely fast high velocity spike. High damage; single shot magazine; semi-quick reload.

Charged Energy Weapons - Beam weapons that fire sustained beams while fire key is held. Energy blast guns that can be held down and released for glorious destruction of all sorts.

Grineer Submunition Guns - Napalm Launcher; HE Launcher.

Corpus Pulse Lasers - simple enough.

Shields - Solid bulwarks to arm mounted Energy field generators. Replaces Rifle slot; player swaps between pistol slot and melee with weapon select. Pistol/Shield gives firing capability + 80% cover & shield rush, however you walk at Grineer Shield Lancer pace, running lowers your shield. Melee/Shield gives large armor bonuses + shield bashing.

Maneuver/Jump Packs - because jet packs are fun.

I was thinking of maybe a bow that takes the place of your pistol, that can maybe pin enemies to walls on lethal damage. Maybe throwing knives or a sword/shield combo for a melee slot item, and maybe a bullpup rifle?

Any other ideas?

what about a whole warfram based around trhe idea of a bow and arrow i have a post on it, check it out

• 2 weeks later...