The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Roll to Seduce(D20)

OverlordMcGeek

After nearly a year of waiting, Cortana is finally on XB1... And my oh my is she a dumb bee-otch. 70% of what I say she's like "I'm sorry, I didn't hear anything." So far she has listened to exactly 3 commands... Out of about 30. Took 8 times just for her understand "what's the weather?" (there was a list stuff she can do is supposed to be able to do) Microsoft is basically using her as spyware too, recording what I, and others who use her say, to "improve" her responses and understanding, among other things. She's gonna learn some colorful vocabulary if she stays as dumb as a bag of potatoes. 

40 minutes ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

After nearly a year of waiting, Cortana is finally on XB1... And my oh my is she a dumb bee-otch. 70% of what I say she's like "I'm sorry, I didn't hear anything." So far she has listened to exactly 3 commands... Out of about 30. Took 8 times just for her understand "what's the weather?" (there was a list stuff she can do is supposed to be able to do) Microsoft is basically using her as spyware too, recording what I, and others who use her say, to "improve" her responses and understanding, among other things. She's gonna learn some colorful vocabulary if she stays as dumb as a bag of potatoes. 

Dude Windows 10 and cortana are spy fodder what do you think all the BS on windows 10 is doing.

6 hours ago, Skycook3y said:

Well makrisbriks life is extended because she used an Erebus vial, which I only wrote about in the lie thread.

I see. Well that'd explain it, since the time gap here seems a little too big for any common person to have lived through.

6 minutes ago, ElGuirrix said:

I see. Well that'd explain it, since the time gap here seems a little too big for any common person to have lived through.

On the other hand you don't know how long the usual lifetime of a person is in that universe.

1 minute ago, ElGuirrix said:

Well, I take it in a human basis since I've never read that you gave any specifics on it.

I know, never really went into specifics and used our usual lifetimes as a measurement. Just wanted to say it.

6 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

I know, never really went into specifics and used our usual lifetimes as a measurement. Just wanted to say it.

Okay. It's a long story nevertheless, no wonder everyone dies in less than a paragraph.

On a side note, I'll tell you this now. I'll just merge my characters from here and Forsaken Ruin thread to avoid many things.

Just now, ElGuirrix said:

Okay. It's a long story nevertheless, no wonder everyone dies in less than a paragraph.

On a side note, I'll tell you this now. I'll just merge my characters from here and Forsaken Ruin thread to avoid many things.

I dunno, I'll probably leave forsaken ruin again. It makes me feel uncomfortable because I accidentally derailed it...

1 minute ago, Skycook3y said:

I dunno, I'll probably leave forsaken ruin again. It makes me feel uncomfortable because I accidentally derailed it...

Don't feel bad. That thread had too many derailments (first Lego worship, then star wars, then World of Warcraft, then Warframe, then religion, and more), the only thing to keep it good for everyone is to try not to override everything else. As, don't force it into others but let it be there to participate freely.

And personally, as long as you don't involve me in an inquisition, I'm good.

1 minute ago, ElGuirrix said:

Don't feel bad. That thread had too many derailments (first Lego worship, then star wars, then World of Warcraft, then Warframe, then religion, and more), the only thing to keep it good for everyone is to try not to override everything else. As, don't force it into others but let it be there to participate freely.

And personally, as long as you don't involve me in an inquisition, I'm good.

I originally didn't even want to stay, but then valteria started the crusades...

1 minute ago, Skycook3y said:

I originally didn't even want to stay, but then valteria started the crusades...

Well I talked to him about it... So don't worry.

The thing is just to have fun, just an RP with adventures that pop randomly.

If it makes you feel bad, don't be, you did nothing wrong. And you'll always be welcome there, I think it'd be fun.

14 hours ago, ElGuirrix said:

~snip

If you like one, don't outright buy it, instead ask for a second opinion, and even then, wait until you have various options.

Thank you. I'll do that.

6 hours ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Interesting. She works for the NSA. Is it really Cortana's (Halo) voice? 

7 hours ago, Skycook3y said:

Well makrisbriks life is extended because she used an Erebus vial, which I only wrote about in the lie thread.

Never said that. I said I'd consider it

Fair enough. Speaking of Erebus - he's MIA. He said he was done with Warframe.

GjuwzuV.jpg

34 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Thank you. I'll do that.

Interesting. She works for the NSA. Is it really Cortana's (Halo) voice? 

Fair enough. Speaking of Erebus - he's MIA. He said he was done with Warframe.

Reveal hidden contents

GjuwzuV.jpg

How badly is your current car working anyway?

10 minutes ago, ElGuirrix said:

How badly is your current car working anyway?

It was my first car handed down to me by my dad and it was very well maintained and trouble free. But its 19 years old and showing its age and would need to make major and costly repairs. So I'm thinking, might as well either get a slightly used car or finance a new one. And I want something fun to drive and looks good too. 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

It was my first car handed down to me by my dad and it was very well maintained and trouble free. But its 19 years old and showing its age and would need to make major and costly repairs. So I'm thinking, might as well either get a slightly used car or finance a new one. And I want something fun to drive and looks good too. 

19 years huh? That car's been up and running quite its share

2 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Ha ha! I made the association Halo - Microsoft - Cortana. That would be cooler, addressing you as "Chief". 

"I'm sorry Master Chief, I didn't hear you" is what she'd say all the time

5 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Ha ha! I made the association Halo - Microsoft - Cortana. That would be cooler, addressing you as "Chief". 

I actually made that joke similar to that when she wasn't listening to me. "Listen to me, I am the Chief now!" In my best Somali pirate voice.

1 minute ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

I actually made that joke similar to that when she wasn't listening to me. "Listen to me, I am the Chief now!" In my best Somali pirate voice.

Nice!

Cortana: New traffic on the Covenant Battlenet! 

Cortana: You look nice.

Cortana: Blink if you can hear me.

15 minutes ago, ElGuirrix said:

19 years huh? That car's been up and running quite its share

"I'm sorry Master Chief, I didn't hear you" is what she'd say all the time

And I'm just a couple years older. Turbo convertible really screams at me and its got to have wings - or do you call it spoiler? If it was up to Captain America, he would say get an american muscle car. 

20 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Nice!

Cortana: New traffic on the Covenant Battlenet! 

Cortana: You look nice.

Cortana: Blink if you can hear me.

And I'm just a couple years older. Turbo convertible really screams at me and its got to have wings - or do you call it spoiler? If it was up to Captain America, he would say get an american muscle car. 

No. Captain now asks for Hydra cars.

Yeah, spoilers, that's how them are called.

19 minutes ago, ElGuirrix said:

No. Captain now asks for Hydra cars.

Yeah, spoilers, that's how them are called.

Sorry, I did not mean the actual Captain America, but my guy. He's a Steve too and because of recent events in the comic I really need to stop calling HIM that. 

Are Hydra cars made in Germany?

16 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Sorry, I did not mean the actual Captain America, but my guy. He's a Steve too and because of recent events in the comic I really need to stop calling HIM that. 

Are Hydra cars made in Germany?

Had no idea you called him that

Guess so, since originally they're a Nazi group established in Germany