The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Roll to Seduce(D20)

OverlordMcGeek

20 minutes ago, Eredoc said:

It's because the car itself is just ew, when I can get a better car at the same price, like a Mazda or an Audi.

True enough. Although it sorta is more of a classic design that made its way quite well, so they're still bought.

3 minutes ago, ElGuirrix said:

True enough. Although it sorta is more of a classic design that made its way quite well, so they're still bought.

Probably, it also seems to be enjoyed by woman more than guys as well, I have always seen a woman drive a beetle.

11 minutes ago, Eredoc said:

Probably, it also seems to be enjoyed by woman more than guys as well, I have always seen a woman drive a beetle.

I've seen so too. Although I barely see any beetles out there. Not like I see many exotic cars out there tho. Volkswagen, Renault, Ford, Peugeot, Fiat are the ones I see the most, in quite simple cars.

1 hour ago, ElGuirrix said:

I've seen so too. Although I barely see any beetles out there. Not like I see many exotic cars out there tho. Volkswagen, Renault, Ford, Peugeot, Fiat are the ones I see the most, in quite simple cars.

Well there are prices and road tax to consider [at least in Scotland] so it's always better to get a cheaper, more efficient car for cost effectiveness than an exotic car.

6 hours ago, SHIR0B0N said:

Sorry but Beetles are widely hated on among petrolheads. Not only is the design a complete miss, it's also expensive for what it is, unpractical, and there are so many other cars that can fill its role at a much better value. I don't know about where you live, but there's a reason they do not sell well at all in Europe.

Most of that is premeditated. The Europeans hated it because it was widely viewed internationally as a definitive European car. (The British especially hated it because it wasn't British.) You go to Europe you get in a beetle however it wasn't very appealing next to something like the American muscle cars. Due to it's small size it was perfect for the narrow European streets. Combine that with a cheap price tag (and British royalty) and it was practically everywhere.

Now days VW generally has high prices for all the vehicles they sell. Though the beetle it's self has improved a lot from the old compact vehicle.

12 minutes ago, Eredoc said:

Well there are prices and road tax to consider [at least in Scotland] so it's always better to get a cheaper, more efficient car for cost effectiveness than an exotic car.

"Labour of love". There are a lot of people that spend years bringing a car up to modern standards, including fuel efficiency. In my area alone I've got people driving Packards (everything from grill to fins), Dodge, Mustang, and a guy with something similar to a low lying race car.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

I drive a cardboard box.

Really? I drive people up the wall.

2 minutes ago, Postal_pat said:

"Labour of love". There are a lot of people that spend years bringing a car up to modern standards, including fuel efficiency. In my area alone I've got people driving Packards (everything from grill to fins), Dodge, Mustang, and a guy with something similar to a low lying race car.

My dad was one such but with motorbikes instead and his Ford Mondeo.

Edited by Eredoc

1 hour ago, Eredoc said:

The looks are to brag I think. As long as a car doesn't move at 2km/h and does its job while not being completely ugly, I'm good.

52 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

I drive a cardboard box.

The imagination box?

25 minutes ago, zombiehater56 said:

I drive a Ural so beat that

I drive my toilet. And it moves! Doesn't help to the house's structure and pipes tho...

1 minute ago, ElGuirrix said:

The looks are to brag I think. As long as a car doesn't move at 2km/h and does its job while not being completely ugly, I'm good.

The imagination box?

I drive my toilet. And it moves! Doesn't help to the house's structure and pipes tho...

Technically and, You can fix that problem with a simple chainsawing.

5 hours ago, Postal_pat said:

Most of that is premeditated. The Europeans hated it because it was widely viewed internationally as a definitive European car. (The British especially hated it because it wasn't British.) You go to Europe you get in a beetle however it wasn't very appealing next to something like the American muscle cars. Due to it's small size it was perfect for the narrow European streets. Combine that with a cheap price tag (and British royalty) and it was practically everywhere.

Now days VW generally has high prices for all the vehicles they sell. Though the beetle it's self has improved a lot from the old compact vehicle.

But you're talking about the old beetle, which was the people's car literally. There was nothing wrong with that one, since it fulfilled its role perfectly. I'm strictly talking about the new one, which is this generation and the previous one, which were expensive and unpractical. It has nothing to do with reputation or premeditation. As a European and a petrol head, I can tell you that this car is not hated for its past, but for what it is now compared to other cars on the market. You don't even have to look far for a better alternative, as VW themselves have 2 much better cars for the money. The Polo and the Golf. 

10 hours ago, ElGuirrix said:

Seems like a very popular opinion

Unfortunately.

9 hours ago, 321agemo said:

I think it looks cute.

Why thank you, Agemo!! Can I follow you again, I think you're cool?

15 hours ago, SHIR0B0N said:

Sorry but Beetles are widely hated on among petrolheads. Not only is the design a complete miss, it's also expensive for what it is, unpractical, and there are so many other cars that can fill its role at a much better value. I don't know about where you live, but there's a reason they do not sell well at all in Europe.

Its okay. You don't need to feel sorry. I do respect all your brutal but honest opinions. I'm from Los Angeles and you'd see all kinds of cars and exotic cars are very common like yesterday I drove alongside a Lamborgini (don't know what model but it looks like its the newest one).  

7 hours ago, Postal_pat said:

~Snip

That is true, PostalPat. I was tired of japanese cars like honda, they feel like thin cans compared to the beetle's heavy body german steel. And I don't see myself driving an american muscle car. I do like Audis or even mini cooper but are more expensive and costly to repair. 

Well, as long as I keep it maintained and it'll be reliable for years to come, I'm happy with my beetle.  

1 hour ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Unfortunately.

Its okay. You don't need to feel sorry. I do respect all your brutal but honest opinions. I'm from Los Angeles and you'd see all kinds of cars and exotic cars are very common like yesterday I drove alongside a Lamborgini (don't know what model but it looks like its the newest one).  

That is true, PostalPat. I was tired of japanese cars like honda, they feel like thin cans compared to the beetle's heavy body german steel. And I don't see myself driving an american muscle car. I do like Audis or even mini cooper but are more expensive and costly to repair. 

Well, as long as I keep it maintained and it'll be reliable for years to come, I'm happy with my beetle.  

That's what a car should be for anyways.

1 hour ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Unfortunately.

Hey mark.

8 hours ago, zombiehater56 said:

I drive a Ural so beat that

What's a Ural? Motorcycle with a sidecar? That is neat!

1 minute ago, ElGuirrix said:

That's what a car should be for anyways.

And the beauty of it is, its fully paid for and its fun to drive even if folks think its ugly. 

How are you, ElGui? So are you still playing DS2?