The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Roll to Seduce(D20)

OverlordMcGeek

wait wasnt he psy/fly

nope

wtf

Who would choose Scizor? I mean, just one small Fire attack and Scizor's down. 

Nope. 

I would

Fire is his ONLY weakness, so while it can do severe damage, he takes pretty much everything else in stride

aside from that, he is tanky and powerful, and has one of my favorite abilities, technician

technician gives a 1.5x damage boost to any move with 60 or less power, which is incredibly useful for 60 power priority moves like bullet punch, which get kicked up to 90.  He can also learn sword dance and iron defense.

gimme a sec and i'll look at my scizor

Okay, my scizor:

Level 74                     >Moves

233 HP                           Swords Dance

198 Attack                      Bullet Punch

195 Defense                   X Scissor

110 Sp. Attack               Iron head

151 Sp. Defense

128 Speed

Bold Nature

Technician

Scizorite

It's a beast with stab technician bullet punches and stab U-turns

^This guy gets it

I would

Fire is his ONLY weakness, so while it can do severe damage, he takes pretty much everything else in stride

aside from that, he is tanky and powerful, and has one of my favorite abilities, technician

technician gives a 1.5x damage boost to any move with 60 or less power, which is incredibly useful for 60 power priority moves like bullet punch, which get kicked up to 90.  He can also learn sword dance and iron defense.

gimme a sec and i'll look at my scizor

It lacks the speed that Scyther has (of course, unless we stuff it with Vitamins), despite the Attack and Defence increase, which would make U-turn go slower. I just tend to use Blaziken for general Bug/Ice/Grass sweeping, and it has been effective so far, which might be why I am biased against Scizor. 

And about that Bullet Punch, there is that, but I think my Blaziken can tank quite some blows. 

Edited by Renegade343

It lacks the speed that Scyther has (of course, unless we stuff it with Vitamins), despite the Attack and Defence increase, which would make U-turn go slower. I just tend to use Blaziken for general Bug/Ice/Grass sweeping, and it has been effective so far, which might be why I am biased against Scizor. 

And about that Bullet Punch, there is that, but I think my Blaziken can tank quite some blows. 

Competitively speaking, that isn't even a fair comparison.

Blaziken is one of the strongest non-legends in the game at the moment.

it isn't intended to fight fire types tho

if a u turn is too risky just switch out

Worst case scenario i keep scizor in my back slot and throw out zoroark to see what's up

Breloom is actually the odd choice for a pokemon, considering that Gale Wings Talonflames are everywhere, and they absolutely tear through the relatively frail Breloom.

This of course only applies to competitive battling, if you're into that sort of thing.

Indeed but barring that scenario, in which you would switch out until it's dead, it can be fairly tanky

i have seed bomb, leech seed, strength (which i need to change), and Sky Uppercut, so it's good against a fairly wide variety of types

im thinking swapping strength for iron tail, giga drain, or drain punch

maybe even synthesis

Edited by Dogefighter

Indeed but barring that scenario, in which you would switch out until it's dead, it can be fairly tanky

i have seed bomb, leech seed, strength (which i need to change), and Sky Uppercut, so it's good against a fairly wide variety of types

Wait, no spore?

Spore is Breloom's saving grace.

That, and his amazing abilities.

I run a technician set with mach punch, rock tomb, spore, and bullet seed.

it isn't intended to fight fire types tho

if a u turn is too risky just switch out

True that. 

Worst case scenario i keep scizor in my back slot and throw out zoroark to see what's up

There is that, but I remembered I built my Blaziken around Special Fire/Fighting moves, which might tear up Zoroark if he comes out. 

I really need to start searching for that emulator to see my build again. 

Wait, no spore?

Spore is Breloom's saving grace.

That, and his amazing abilities.

I run a technician set with mach punch, rock tomb, spore, and bullet seed.

i'd probably drop tomb and bullet seed, but mach punch could be a good replacement for strength 

as far as spore goes, maybe.  I've never really looked into it, but a 100% accuracy sleep stat proc could be really good.

sadly it seems in gen VI it no longer affects other grass types, pkm with safety goggles, or pkm with overcoat.  Maybe, though.

i'd probably drop tomb and bullet seed, but mach punch could be a good replacement for strength 

Rock Tomb's alright if you need it as an impromptu counter to Flying (especially those Fire/Flying types), and if Breloom has a high Speed and Attack value. But yes, probably something else in the long run. 

Rock Tomb's alright if you need it as an impromptu counter to Flying (especially those Fire/Flying types), and if Breloom has a high Speed and Attack value. But yes, probably something else in the long run. 

I'm treating this on a strictly competitive basis.

Technician Rock Tomb has 90 base power with the added slowing effect.

That's not something to be overlooked.

I'm treating this on a strictly competitive basis.

Technician Rock Tomb has 90 base power with the added slowing effect.

That's not something to be overlooked.

True, true.

Hrm.

I do like leech seed, but i suppose it could be changed.

However if i get into a scenario where i'd have to use it on, say, a flying type (the only scenario that comes to mind), i'd much rather switch out because it could survive rock slide and land a 4x flying attack on breloom.  Once again though, i usually probe the waters with zoroark first

BTW, lego, what's your friend code

True, true.

Hrm.

I do like leech seed, but i suppose it could be changed.

However if i get into a scenario where i'd have to use it on, say, a flying type (the only scenario that comes to mind), i'd much rather switch out because it could survive rock slide and land a 4x flying attack on breloom.  Once again though, i usually probe the waters with zoroark first

BTW, lego, what's your friend code

Rock Tomb covers Breloom's major weaknesses: Fire and Flying.

Using it on a switch is ideal, since the opposing pokemon is now at -1 Speed, and if it was say a talonflame or a charizard, it'll be dead regardless of hazard damage.

Edited by (PS4)Legolegend144

Rock Tomb covers Breloom's major weaknesses: Fire and Flying.

Using it on a switch is ideal, since the opposing pokemon is now at -1 Speed, and if it was say a talonflame or a charizard, it'll be dead regardless of hazard damage.

Point.

I dunno if i wanna give up leech seed for it, though, since strength is already being switched for spore.

Add me, btw.  my friend code is 0361 - 7327 - 3383