Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons Gap In The Time Line, Weapon Niche That Needs Filling Needs Your Opinions

IvoryTrigger

( I love all the weapons and i use everyone mentioned here often, this isn't hate just a niche that needs filling and why )

Corpus- Cost effective often boxy well made old weapons and new energy weapon designs combined, Grineer- large quantity smooth edged weapons and then there are the Tenno.

Sleek Modernized Industrial Tenno faction weapons:

I really enjoy the Weapons we have now please by all means DE keep them coming. That being said we get the Braton, Burston, and Lex which look very modern Mass-produced if not Continuous-Flow production design and they are low damage and stats which is cool they are our starter weapons after all but then nothing of the same design for the tenno. Then we trend towards the ritualized and symbolic Daikyu, Attica, Sybaris, Tigris, Boltor not quite Ancient but not the most modern of designs.

Yes each faction has its own design style and yes tradition is the route the tenno usually follow but there are exceptions We do catch a small break with the Soma, though not fully industrial it is quite far from the usual ornate ritualized look of Tenno faction weapons sleek and minimalistic, it is a step to filling the gap.

MY IDEA FOR DISCUSSION:

A Subclass of tenno weapons that are more industrial left behind in blueprints originally found by the Orokin and then rediscovered by the Corpus a subclass of weapon.

Similar to the Braton that has both a Vandal and a prime. I'm not saying go and make a straight-up M-16 but maybe something more Dera-ish  thats tenno classified with Hit-scan and regular ammunition.

Ideas, Thoughts, Criticisms PLEASE :D

Some ideas that fell through the cracks that would fit well if reworked a bit

xcIIFvl.png

boa0G76.jpg

Not my work credit to the artists 1st art Krotalon & 2nd gunzfire only the top ( Shotgun/ Possible SMG weapon )

Edited by IvoryTrigger

Well, Burston is at least getting a makeover and Lex is probably getting one soon as well. Braton is a cheap massproduced recreation of Braton Prime made by the Corpus.

As for the tenno aestethics, I'm pretty cool with them, they're basically a blend of the other technological factions. They have the Orokin ornate style combined with a industrial (Corpus) and organic (Grineer) look.

you misunderstand, though i tried so hard to make sure what your saying never would lol. I'm not saying anything at all is wrong with the current tenno weapons. I'm saying that they can add new ones with similar features. A Boltor looks nothing like a Latron but they are both Tenno weapons im just saying this is another niche to fill, explore, etc. and they are getting a makeover thats fine and all but I'm not saying anything was wrong with them in the first place or that they need one... Simply more of the same kind :D

As for the info on the weapons, thats common knowledge so please as kindly as i can say this don't patronize me

you misunderstand, though i tried so hard to make sure what your saying never would lol. I'm not saying anything at all is wrong with the current tenno weapons. I'm saying that they can add new ones with similar features. A Boltor looks nothing like a Latron but they are both Tenno weapons im just saying this is another niche to fill, explore, etc. and they are getting a makeover thats fine and all but I'm not saying anything was wrong with them in the first place or that they need one... Simply more of the same kind :D

As for the info on the weapons, thats common knowledge so please as kindly as i can say this don't patronize me

Oh. I haven't slept in like 24 hours so I might not be at peak effiency right now. I meant no disrespect in my comment.

There seem be some other weapons straddling the line like Akstiletto, Akzani, Aksomati, Dual Raza and Anku that all seem fine so sure, more of them if DE sees it necessary.

Personally I usually prefer practicality and comfort before looks and the majority of other users seem to think the same, so if DE released more subtle and less ornate weapons a lot of people probably wouldn't mind.

The biggest obstacle is probably DE's own vision, they don't want to design easily recognized weapons, which is apparent when most of the aforementioned weapons were either made like two years ago or were designed after older ones.

Edited by KlarVyvern

it seems to me that Ivory......  (•_•) / ( •_•)>⌐□-□ / (⌐□_□).. got triggered