Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Worst Level In Halo 3

AdunSaveMe

I don't need to.

Is that why I've never heard of it?

Those are some strong drugs.

Yes you do, without making your point null and invalid, the reason you cannot is because CE is trash.

You've never heard of it because it was playstation exclusive until FP.

That is some strong denial.

He's actually right. The remastering of the Halo games was done by Saber Interactive, the Halo 2 cutscenes done by Blur, and the ports done by Ruffian Games. Bungie outsourced to Hired Gun and Gearbox with ports, but since 343i simply wasn't big enough to do all the work on MCC, they outsourced a bit more than usual, and it ended up as a mess because of it.

^This. I couldn't be bothered looking it up to find out who, but 343 stated it in an early H4 vidoc.

Which makes me worry that Legendary will be worse than Halo 2's.

There's a very simple solution (or two) to that.

Legendary disabling revives on the player character, OR a limited number of revives.

And if you have to try and revive someone under fire, you're gonna have a bad time.

Either way, 343i knows they screwed up, and they seem eager to fix it. Evidently that involves doing many new things with the series, and some new versions of old things that didn't quite fit, like armour abilities.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Cosmetics were tied to achievements in H1,2,3. Not work.

My opinion has facts to back it up, yours is wrong.

You would have to be the only person who ever played an FPS solely for SP

Halo CE was never as popular as Halo 2. Fact.

There is always level playing fields when everyone has access to the same weapons and gear. Inbalance is achieved by adding a team only bonus, power weapons were the only inbalancing factor in Reach, and they have been in every single Halo to date.

Halo has always been notorious for having bad AI. Halo CE had enemies trying to walk through and shoot through walls, halo 2 had suicidal enemies that walked off the map, halo 3 AI were never allowed to drive. And so on, so point invalid, AI is no better in 4.

Halo CE and 2 didn't have cosmetics. Halo 3's were obtained through easy achievements.

Loooool k.

Well, when Xbox Live didn't exist, and there was only one other kid on the private street that played video games, single palyer was basically the only option. And I'm not the only one.

That's because by the time 2 was out, and Live was a thing, everybody knew the name 'Halo'. Halo 2 simply would not exist oif CE hadn't been a massive success. I don't know why you can't understand that.

No, imbalance is when you get armor abilities added to your super-human strength.

I never said it was better in Halo 4, I'm saying it was exceptional crap in Reach.

Yes you do, without making your point null and invalid, the reason you cannot is because CE is trash.

You've never heard of it because it was playstation exclusive until FP.

Okay: Best story, best weapons, best levels, started it all, reason FPS games are popular. The reason I wasn't is because I was too busy explaining to you why Reach is trash.

So it's not a household name, unlike Halo.

-snip-

Well the rest of us went to school and had friends, friends that we played multiplayer with, I had a multi-tap for PS2, so I often had multiple people around to play TS2.

Halo 2 was successful because it was a solid improvement on the FPS genre at the time. It kept splitscreen and system link while adding online, it had the best visuals of any FPS on console at the time, it had a much larger selection of weapons than H1, it had more vehicles than H1, it had destructable vehicles (which at the time destructability was a big thing in games), it had dual wielding, it had the awesome interwoven campaign which clearly had a lot of time spent on writing something epic. It was the only Xbox game I wanted to play at the time (none of my mates had an xbox original, I had a PS2 with 4 controllers, my mates had other consoles like the gamecube, PS1, and N64).

Armour abilities were not imbalanced, imbalance is when one side has access to something the other do not have IE equipment.

To say that AI were bad in Reach while ignoring they are bad in EVERY Halo is just stupid.

Halo 2 was successful because it was a solid improvement on the FPS genre at the time. It kept splitscreen and system link while adding online, it had the best visuals of any FPS on console at the time, it had a much larger selection of weapons than H1, it had more vehicles than H1, it had destructable vehicles (which at the time destructability was a big thing in games), it had dual wielding, it had the awesome interwoven campaign which clearly had a lot of time spent on writing something epic. It was the only Xbox game I wanted to play at the time (none of my mates had an xbox original, I had a PS2 with 4 controllers, my mates had other consoles like the gamecube, PS1, and N64).

Armour abilities were not imbalanced, imbalance is when one side has access to something the other do not have IE equipment.

To say that AI were bad in Reach while ignoring they are bad in EVERY Halo is just stupid.

That's what happens with evolution, new things get added. CE's campaign is still better. I'd take CE's pistol over any weapon in the rest of Halo.

"Where you fail to see reason, maybe you will see with force." I'm done explaining that, abilities are imbalance, that's all there is to it.

CE had an excuse, it was the first, made in 2001. Reach was what, 2011? The AI should know the difference between a wall, a corpse, and a tango after 10 years.

Okay: Best story, best weapons, best levels, started it all, reason FPS games are popular. The reason I wasn't is because I was too busy explaining to you why Reach is trash.

So it's not a household name, unlike Halo.

Best story? no. - Halo 2

Best levels? no. - Reach

Started it all? - For Halo, yes.

Reason FPS games are popular? - Have you been living in a hole? serious question.

Quake, Doom, Timesplitters, Far Cry, Wolfenstein, Mechwarrior, Half life, Goldeneye 007, Rainbow Six, Battlefield, Counterstrike, Deus Ex, Medal of Honor - These are the reason FPS are popular today. Not Halo, and definitely not Halo CE.

That's what happens with evolution, new things get added. CE's campaign is still better. I'd take CE's pistol over any weapon in the rest of Halo.

"Where you fail to see reason, maybe you will see with force." I'm done explaining that, abilities are imbalance, that's all there is to it.

CE had an excuse, it was the first, made in 2001. Reach was what, 2011? The AI should know the difference between a wall, a corpse, and a tango after 10 years.

CE's pistol was the greed of a single bungie Dev. As stated by the man himself. He altered it without consulting the team and nearly got fired for it.

You cannot see reason.

And yet halo 2, 3, and 4 has the exact AI but you are soooo persistant in pointing out those flaws in Reach, why? because you can't handle the fact it is more popular and successful than CE ever was despite the few fanboys who hated it for evolving the franchise.

Best story? no. - Halo 2

Best levels? no. - Reach

Started it all? - For Halo, yes.

Reason FPS games are popular? - Have you been living in a hole? serious question.

Quake, Doom, Timesplitters, Far Cry, Wolfenstein, Mechwarrior, Half life, Goldeneye 007, Rainbow Six, Battlefield, Counterstrike, Deus Ex, Medal of Honor - These are the reason FPS are popular today. Not Halo, and definitely not Halo CE.

Best story: Halo CE

Best levels: CE

Ask anyone, Halo is reason they thrive. Doom and Wolfenstein may have been popular, but they didn't define FPS. Halo did. MoH, Battlefield, Rainbow Six, etc. exist because of Halo. Without Halo, FPS games would be few and far between. Halo is the reason FPS are poipular today, and definitely because of CE.

Best story: Halo CE

Best levels: CE

Ask anyone, Halo is reason they thrive. Doom and Wolfenstein may have been popular, but they didn't define FPS. Halo did. MoH, Battlefield, Rainbow Six, etc. exist because of Halo. Without Halo, FPS games would be few and far between. Halo is the reason FPS are poipular today, and definitely because of CE.

Are you trying to make me laugh or are you really that blind?

CE's pistol was the greed of a single bungie Dev. As stated by the man himself. He altered it without consulting the team and nearly got fired for it.

You cannot see reason.

And yet halo 2, 3, and 4 has the exact AI but you are soooo persistant in pointing out those flaws in Reach, why? because you can't handle the fact it is more popular and successful than CE ever was despite the few fanboys who hated it for evolving the franchise.

Your point? Everybody loved the thing.

Coming from you.

Not more popular, and not the most successful. I hate it for devolving the franchise. Forgot to mention it before, but boost, and cooldowns? NO THANKS, it's 2552, boost shouldn't have  a meter, and guns shouldn't overheat. I wish 343 would understand that.

Are you trying to make me laugh or are you really that blind?

Are you really that naive? 

Sold more copies, and had more simultaneous people in MP than any other Halo. - Therefore more popular and successful than any other Halo.

And confirmed for blindness

Yet it was the worst in the series. Also, confirm it, go find the numbers.

Confirmed for blind, deaf, and dumb.

Best story, best weapons, best levels

In all fairness, you aren't really giving a whole lot to go with these statements.

Halo 2 was my favourite because it told a broader story of a turning point in the human-covenant war, gave a lot of insight into the universe and shook things up with the Schism. The weapons were better because they felt more satisfying and there was more variety, especially with additions like the covenant carbine and the spiker. The levels felt a lot more epic too, especially on High Charity.

That's why imo 2 > CE.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

"Where reason does not stop you, perhaps force can at least delay you."

ftfy

lern2didact omg geez

Confirmed for blind, deaf, and dumb.

I think it's high time we all stopped flinging S#&$ at each other.

I bet we could have a discussion on games and their qualities without resorting to insults, maybe.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Yet it was the worst in the series. Also, confirm it, go find the numbers.

-snipped the idiocy-

Halo CE: Global Total as of 20th Jun 2015 (units) Note this includes sales from the 360 storefront: 6.43m

Halo Reach: Global Total as of 20th Jun 2015 (units): 9.74m

Reach set a record for the franchise making $200 million on it's launch day and surpassing Halo 3's record of $170 million

SIC:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/939/halo-combat-evolved/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/35024/halo-reach/

I think it's high time we all stopped flinging S#&$ at each other.

I bet we could have a discussion on games and their qualities without resorting to insults, maybe.

You can't have an objective conversation with someone who's fanboyishly defending a game with no grounds to stand on. No matter what you say, your words will never get through to him because all he wants to hear is that halo CE is a good game. He doesn't want to hear that other games have vastly improved upon the original concept and are therefore better. Nor can he accept that Halo wasn't the birth of the FPS nor was it revolutionary in the genre. The only thing Halo CE was known for was an Xbox shooter and the start of a franchise.