Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Customize Controller

(XBOX)Swath Sticker

This idea to fully map out your controller to how you want to play, what feels good for you and such is absolutely amazing. It has been missing in many other games with controller support for a few years now, (at least the ones that I've played haven't had it) and I very much enjoy this.

As noted in my username, I play on the Xbox One. The default "New Controller" set-up is what I usually played on until just recently as my Right Bumper (RB), the default button used to pull up the Power Menu, seems to have misaligned with the controller somehow and now is very faulty. Since the Customize Controller is the way it is, I looked at all the buttons to see if there was a free one and, in fact, there was! The Left Bumper (LB) was marked as "N/A" (Not Applicable). With this in mind I had switched my controller set-up to allow LB to bring up the Power Menu about four days ago. To my surprise, however, LB did in fact do something for the Archwing and I didn't find this out until two days ago when the Tactical Alert came up on Consoles, the Ogma Elite Tactical Alert. LB, and probably L1 on the default PS4 New Controller set-up, is used in the Archwing missions to descend or slide if you're sprinting. This, however, isn't noted in the Customize Controller and, when switched with another button, still functions as the descend/slide button for the Archwing instead of whichever you map it to (in my case the Power Menu).

So, after all that, I was wondering; is there a way that there can be a separate controller scheme for the Archwing?

This idea to fully map out your controller to how you want to play, what feels good for you and such is absolutely amazing. It has been missing in many other games with controller support for a few years now, (at least the ones that I've played haven't had it) and I very much enjoy this.

As noted in my username, I play on the Xbox One. The default "New Controller" set-up is what I usually played on until just recently as my Right Bumper (RB), the default button used to pull up the Power Menu, seems to have misaligned with the controller somehow and now is very faulty. Since the Customize Controller is the way it is, I looked at all the buttons to see if there was a free one and, in fact, there was! The Left Bumper (LB) was marked as "N/A" (Not Applicable). With this in mind I had switched my controller set-up to allow LB to bring up the Power Menu about four days ago. To my surprise, however, LB did in fact do something for the Archwing and I didn't find this out until two days ago when the Tactical Alert came up on Consoles, the Ogma Elite Tactical Alert. LB, and probably L1 on the default PS4 New Controller set-up, is used in the Archwing missions to descend or slide if you're sprinting. This, however, isn't noted in the Customize Controller and, when switched with another button, still functions as the descend/slide button for the Archwing instead of whichever you map it to (in my case the Power Menu).

So, after all that, I was wondering; is there a way that there can be a separate controller scheme for the Archwing?

I found out about this on PC, but forgot about it. I was able to work around it by assigning the descend button to my toggle crouch button(I use B for that). Maybe you could try that until they do something? 

I found out about this on PC, but forgot about it. I was able to work around it by assigning the descend button to my toggle crouch button(I use B for that). Maybe you could try that until they do something? 

Thank you for pointing this out to me. I never would've thought that the "Move Down" option was specifically for Archwings. I never made that connection.

Edited by (XB1)MutantNin10do64

Thank you for pointing this out to me. I never would've thought that the "Move Down" option was specifically for Archwings. I never made that connection.

No problem. Oh, one thing. You can't "move down" while dashing if you also assign it to the button you use for crouching. You do a "slide" for some reason. Of course, the move down is generally not useful at higher velocities due to aiming, but still. Would be nice if I could assign it to "context action" at the same time since that does nothing in Archwing as of now. Of course, that might be possible, and I missed it. I will try it out later to see if it works. 

• 4 weeks later...

No problem. Oh, one thing. You can't "move down" while dashing if you also assign it to the button you use for crouching. You do a "slide" for some reason. Of course, the move down is generally not useful at higher velocities due to aiming, but still. Would be nice if I could assign it to "context action" at the same time since that does nothing in Archwing as of now. Of course, that might be possible, and I missed it. I will try it out later to see if it works. 

It doesn't have to be assigned to the "Crouch" button to do the slide. At least, not on Xbox One. I was sliding while dashing even when it was on LB, not moving down.