The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Build

Mike100673

Question

25 answers to this question

Armor, Rage, Quick Thinking, Primed Flow, Streamline, Intensify, (two other mods, if you didn't add Armored agility for armor)

I didn't use corrupted mods so that you can keep from degrading any of his abilities, because all are important; You need efficiency to cast, and duration for blind, because blind + Exalted Blade is high damage, so you want them to be blinded for a while so you can keep hitting them. You'll need range for Slash Dash not because it's damage, but for its ability to keep your combo counter going. No one cares about Radial Javelin, don't even use it.

keep in mind i have excal prime so i have an extra polarity and i also used a forma i also own a arcane pendragon helmet.

http://goo.gl/QOVihM

you can exchange later on when parkour 2.0 comes out the quick rest for like natural talent, reflection, or anything you desire. for the most part though even with out the pendragon helmet, you can easily get the polarity slots and i would recommend a few more forma for normal just to get the V polarity on your aura slot if it is not already.

weapon of choice to go with this is a dragon nikana.

current setup im using; http://goo.gl/ggLteK

this build has played well for me thus far since the rework. went up to 40+ mins in mimas saturn no problem.

Well there's a ton of different ways to build Excal, depending on what you're looking for. After playing with a bunch of different setups, I settled on a tanky/efficient build; basically with Vit, Rage, SF, Primed Flow, and QT mods, and Intensify instead of Transient Fortitude. This results in a good chunk of lost damage on EB, but his radial blind lasts a bit longer and hes about 2x harder to kill because of QT. 

But like I said, Excal's all about preference. You  could go with more health, more strength, more efficiency; even more range+duration to make the blinds better. Both the SD and Radial Jav augments are decent enough to build around. Another option is to install Reflection. 

Basically too many options to say what is 'right'. Just w.e you like the most.

Also, search function is your friend; there's a half dozen threads about the new excal's build options you should take a read through.

Edited by Darzk

It all depends on the mods you have right now, but you should build for decent power strength, some range for blind and max efficiency if possible. Negative duration works since blind has 15 seconds on it as base anyway.

Here is my Excalibro build >

73g4kZK.jpg

To make his ult really shine you need to pair him with a good melee weapon and mod it to work with the ult >

rmjUEDG.jpg

Edited by Sci_Ant

Gonna copy/paste my answer to this question from a different thread. Sorry if any of you've seen this before.

I did a lot of playing around and testing with Excalibur until I came to this build: http://goo.gl/laOLpc

Steel Fiber + QT + Vitality + Primed Flow gives a really great effective HP for Excal, aside from the fact that he blocks almost all damage from the front with EB active.  Rage regens energy and works well considering his high armor. Max Fleeting Expertise for the efficiency. Stretch for the range on RB and great mobility on Slash Dash. Intensify to add more damage to Slash Dash, Radial Javelin, Exalted Blade, and the finisher damage from Radial Blind. I don't think much additional power strength is needed, considering the Blind gives a 4x multiplier to all melee damage (including the blade waves) and Radial Blind's finishers bypass armor and shields. Duration isn't as necessary either, since Radial Blind lasts just long enough for you to slaughter an entire room in EB...and the mini-RB is spammable via slide-attacks. Use slide attacks for the blind damage multiplier, and use RB sparingly to wipe a huge room or for the added survivability. 

For the melee weapons, I switch back and forth between a crit build for Prisma Dual Cleavers (Heal + increased armor), Prisma Skana (Heal + increased HP) and Mire (energy restore + movement speed)...lately I've been sticking to the Mire. I keep life strike on all my melee for the emergency heal. After a blind, it only takes one attack to jump back to full, then turn channeling back off.

Umm... did you intentionally forget Pressure Point?

Yeah now that you point it out, I think so. There are 2 reasons for this

1. When I made this build Pressure point wasn't working with the ult.

2. Pressure point doesn't affect the wave damage, only elementals mods do, so I guess I wanted more wave damage.

Next post.

Edited by Sci_Ant

Umm... did you intentionally forget Pressure Point?

Ok, disregard my above post. Just tested in sim,

Dmg without any mods on Lvl 95 Corrupted Butcher = 252

Dmg with Pressure point on Lvl 95 Corrupted Butcher = 550 something

Dmg with Molten Impact on Lvl 95 Corrupted Butcher = 499

So yeah it would be wise to replace the elemental with Pressure point, that was my bad not testing it after the fix. Thanks for pointing it out Darzk! :)

EDIT : That damage is for both the contact and wave damage.

Edited by Sci_Ant

I was looking for a good build where I could take damage and deal a lot of damage btw my melee is dragon nikan

Excalibur isn't really a tank even with his armor buff, best way to stay alive is not take damage at all. That's why I always use Blind when rushing into a group of enemies and take them out with Exalted blade or Slash Dash.

But if you want to know exactly how much you could theoretically tank then use the formulae >

Effective HP without Quick Thinking = Shields + [HP * (1 + Total Armor/300)]

or Effective HP with Quick Thinking = Shields + [HP * (1 + Total Armor/300)] + [Total Energy * 2.4 * (1 + Total Armor/300)]

Therefore with just a Maxed Vitality your EHP would be = 300 + 740 * (1 + 225/300) = 300 + 1295 = 1595 HP

With a maxed Steel Fiber and maxed Vitality it would be = 300 + 740 * (1 + 472.5/300) = 300 + 1905.5 = 2205.5 HP

With a Quick Thinking and maxed Primed Flow it would be = 300 + 300 * (1 + 225/300) + [425 * 2.4 * (1 + 225/300)] = 300 + 525 + 1785 = 2610 HP

So as you can see since Armor affects both Health and Quick Thinking energy lost on taking damage after you reach 2 HP, it is wiser to use maximum efficiency to conserve energy and then use that energy as a backup HP. And ofcourse keep spamming that Blind with atleast a max Stretch on for some range.

Anyone who doesnt put handspring in exalted blade build is a fool

Everyone will be able to use it after 2 days since we are getting those utility slots. :P

Edited by Sci_Ant

Anyone who doesnt put handspring in exalted blade build is a fool

Or, you know, aware of their surroundings. I can't remember the last time I was knocked down without it being my fault, melee frame or not. 100% of the knockdowns in this game are avoidable. Although I wonder if that'll still be the case in a few days.

...And with Vit, SF, Primed Flow and QT, EHP would be = 300+(740+2.4*425)*772.5/300 = 4832

Which is considerable.

Drop in Rage, +strength and +efficiency to preference and you've got a tanky/damaging EB build. Drop in Eff, Range and Duration for a tanky blind build :P

Edited by Darzk

This is my build I use on the PC and plan on using on the Xbox when the update is released

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Excalibur/t_30_433022000_1-0-10-3-8-5-4-7-5-5-3-5-6-6-5-12-5-10-55-2-5-411-4-10-481-1-10_1-7-481-7-55-6-5-9-411-8-12-8-6-11-4-9-3-9_0/en/1-0-5/65212/0

Its a No Polarity Aura, forma'd to use maxed out Mods. By having no polarity on the Aura you can pick and choose which Aura you would like too use, personally I use a Steel Charge, Energy Siphon and Rejuvenation depending on the mission and if I'm running with a group or not.

Redirection can be switched for Vitality if you prefer health over shield and get 2 Blind Rage Mods one maxed, one Rank 2.

A maxed Blind Rage gives more power at the sacrifice of efficiency where the Ranked 2 gives a little more Power Strength but maintains the maxed 175% efficiency, only thing that suffers on my build is the lack of duration for radial blind. 

The build has worked well for me so far.

Edited by (XB1)MattyyDunn

Or, you know, aware of their surroundings. I can't remember the last time I was knocked down without it being my fault, melee frame or not. 100% of the knockdowns in this game are avoidable. Although I wonder if that'll still be the case in a few days.

...And with Vit, SF, Primed Flow and QT, EHP would be = 300+(740+2.4*425)*772.5/300 = 4832

Which is considerable.

Drop in Rage, +strength and +efficiency to preference and you've got a tanky/damaging EB build. Drop in Eff, Range and Duration for a tanky blind build :P

Calculation is correct just need to change 772.5 to 472.5. :)

I initially started out with an efficiency + strength build (minimal duration, no additional range). It made for a great Exalted Blade, but that eventually got boring for me.

I'm currently using only Intensify for 130% strength, relying on a good melee to provide the additional damage boost to Exalted Blade. The rest of my mods are built around high (but not max) efficiency, duration, and a bit of extra range for a decent Radial Blind and Slash Dash.

I've been having fun with the Tonkor, and I've found it easier to aim if the enemies are blinded and standing still. Sometimes I like to get up close after a Blind and Slash Dash all around. When things get a bit crazy, I bust out Exalted Blade. This build allows me more variety in game play, so it's been pretty enjoyable.

This is my build I use on the PC and plan on using on the Xbox when the update is released

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Excalibur/t_30_433022000_1-0-10-3-8-5-4-7-5-5-3-5-6-6-5-12-5-10-55-2-5-411-4-10-481-1-10_1-7-481-7-55-6-5-9-411-8-12-8-6-11-4-9-3-9_0/en/1-0-5/65212/0

Its a No Polarity Aura, forma'd to use maxed out Mods. By having no polarity on the Aura you can pick and choose which Aura you would like too use, personally I use a Steel Charge, Energy Siphon and Rejuvenation depending on the mission and if I'm running with a group or not.

Redirection can be switched for Vitality if you prefer health over shield and get 2 Blind Rage Mods one maxed, one Rank 2.

A maxed Blind Rage gives more power at the sacrifice of efficiency where the Ranked 2 gives a little more Power Strength but maintains the maxed 175% efficiency, only thing that suffers on my build is the lack of duration for radial blind. 

The build has worked well for me so far.

Firstly why would you want to use a Rank 2 BR which gives 27 % strength and -15 % eff over just a maxed Intensify which would give 30 % strength and no loss in efficiency?

Secondly, I highly recommend replacing Redirection with anything that is not Redirection. Use QT along with a Primed Flow, it will help a lot more than Redirection. Even a Vitality or Steel fiber would be better than Redirection.

Firstly why would you want to use a Rank 2 BR which gives 27 % strength and -15 % eff over just a maxed Intensify which would give 30 % strength and no loss in efficiency?

Secondly, I highly recommend replacing Redirection with anything that is not Redirection. Use QT along with a Primed Flow, it will help a lot more than Redirection. Even a Vitality or Steel fiber would be better than Redirection.

Intensify is already on the build, having Intensify + Max Blind Rage + Tran Fort with Fleeting and Streamline build would give 135% eff with 284% Strength.

Removing Blind rage all together would give 185% Power Strength with 175% eff but replacing Maxed Blind rage with a Rank 2 would mean having 175% eff cap with 212% power strength. 

Like i said replace Redirection with Vitality thats down to personal choice.

Primed Flow is already on the build in the first place so.

Wondering if you actually looked at the build in the first place?

Calculation is correct just need to change 772.5 to 472.5. :)

+300 to the value that's /300 instead of adding +1 :P

In other words (1+472.5/300) = 772.5/300

I initially started out with an efficiency + strength build (minimal duration, no additional range). It made for a great Exalted Blade, but that eventually got boring for me.

I'm currently using only Intensify for 130% strength, relying on a good melee to provide the additional damage boost to Exalted Blade. The rest of my mods are built around high (but not max) efficiency, duration, and a bit of extra range for a decent Radial Blind and Slash Dash.

I did the same thing; started with max str and eff for EB, which gives great damage but you're actually a bit squishy. Eventually switched to a tanky setup that's got a half decent blind, and EB damage is a lot less - but still quite good.

Yeah I would go with Vit and Rage over Redirection and PFlow, which lets you cycle life with Life Strike equipped and gain energy that way. But if you don't have a Life Strike on your weapon shields and a higher energy pool is the way to go. 

Also, CP aura is better against armor than SC aura. SC for Infested/Corpus works, but it sorta depends on teammates; if no one else is meleeing you might want something that benefits the team, like ES (even if you cant benefit), Rejuv (great for infested, esp without LS on your melee) or Enemy Radar. SC is a damage boost to EB, but it's not game changing to lose it - it's like 14-18% depending on if you have SS and a Synd mod installed.

Yeah I would go with Vit and Rage over Redirection and PFlow, which lets you cycle life with Life Strike equipped and gain energy that way. But if you don't have a Life Strike on your weapon shields and a higher energy pool is the way to go. 

Also, CP aura is better against armor than SC aura. SC for Infested/Corpus works, but it sorta depends on teammates; if no one else is meleeing you might want something that benefits the team, like ES (even if you cant benefit), Rejuv (great for infested, esp without LS on your melee) or Enemy Radar. SC is a damage boost to EB, but it's not game changing to lose it - it's like 14-18% depending on if you have SS and a Synd mod installed.

Interesting, I never thought about using a Life Strike mod, I use a Berserker Dragon Nikana build at the moment, I may take another look at my Nikana build and slot in LS in there while making a few changes to my Excal.

I presume you would need to use the Vit, Rage and QT combo to keep up with the energy and health?

Edited by (XB1)MattyyDunn

QT is nice to have, but not necessary. Basically Rage ensures you *always* have energy available when you get low on health, and you can use that energy to regain health by channeling melee... which works in EB. You lose a little damage by installing LS on your melee, but you gain a lot of survivability from being able to heal.

The only thing you have to watch is that the Waves will incur the channeling cost for every enemy hit, so you can end up draining all your energy by sending a wave into a crowd - you gotta pay attention to when you're channeling. I use a rank 0 LS as well to keep the energy cost from getting too absurd - you can use Focus Energy in place of Shocking Touch on the melee build to help with that too, although, again, you're losing out on some damage.

Intensify is already on the build, having Intensify + Max Blind Rage + Tran Fort with Fleeting and Streamline build would give 135% eff with 284% Strength.

Removing Blind rage all together would give 185% Power Strength with 175% eff but replacing Maxed Blind rage with a Rank 2 would mean having 175% eff cap with 212% power strength. 

Like i said replace Redirection with Vitality thats down to personal choice.

Primed Flow is already on the build in the first place so.

Wondering if you actually looked at the build in the first place?

I did see the build but must have missed intensify on there, my bad. And with a Primed Flow you're way better off using QT, so it's not a matter of preference but a matter of numbers.

When i channel my Exalted Blade i run out of energy was too fast. is it cause of my dragon nikana build?

Yes your chanelling efficiency depends on the mods on your melee weapon. Which mods are you using currently and at what rank? Just post a screenshot here, F12 for steam.