Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For A New Warframe! " Aux "

(PSN)DeadlyDustBunni

A friend and I were discussing today an idea for a new Warframe and I thought I would post it here

Meet Aux, short for Auxillium, which is latin meaning for aid, assistance, to support. He/She is a combat engineer of sorts, and would be a combat support frame that excels on the second line in battle, providing support to the main battle line, aiding and keeping teammates in the fight.

Health 85

Shield 125

Power 115

Armor 75

Skill 1: Rocker Mine - A throwable landmine with proximity detonation that deal a small aoe Blast proc with a small chance to ragdoll. *Augment mod to allow the player to swap out to Radiation damage, but with no ragdoll effect.

Skill 2: Sapper - Deployable drone(s) that seek out the closest enemy and drain shields over time. *Augment mod that adds a chance to cause an Impact stagger proc when shields are down.

Skill 3: In-Line Batteries - An active skill that continually drains energy to convert into shield regeneration for nearby players. The energy drain is greater with more players recieving shield regeneration. Aux is slowed down as if equipped with a Hobbled Dragon Key for as long as the skill is active. Multiple Aux's In-Line Batteries do not stack, only one can be benefitting players within range at a time. *Possible augment mod to swap shield regeneration into a damage boost to nearby frames, at a greater-then-normal energy drain per second.

Skill 4: Little Lady: Tenno varient of a Bursa drone on tracks/treads that follows the player for a duration, and turns to face the largest threat amount in proximity. Has a built-in energy turret to deal damage to enemies in the vicinity. When the player activates their ultimate skill a second time, the drone deploys into a fixed position barricade either in whichever direction it is facing at the time, or turning to deploy facing where the controlling player is facing. In deployed mode the drone cannot fire but recieves greater damage resistance to its frontal facing. It is highly vulnerable to enemy fire or grenades from the rear, and cannot be walked through by the enemy, they must scale over it. The player receives improved cover while crouching behind the barricade, otherwise half of their body is exposed if they remain standing.

~~~~~~

The first thing I imagine will be said is about skill 4 being a rip from the skill of the soldier class from the Borderlands series, and that is probably true by those that compare the two, especially in the name. It certainly could have a different name to it and some tweaking, but a deployable defensive barrier might add some fun to defense and survival missions.

Edited by (PS4)DeadlyDustBunni

I will look into getting some sketchwork done for ideas on appearance of the concept frame idea hopefully in the near future. Any ideas or suggestions to help make it fit better into the WF universe? I thought about the frames' skill four name thought it could simply be named Bursa for the moment. Any advice on how the baseline stats should scale or other critique? :)

The only thing I don't particularly like is that - as it stands - the 2 only works on shields. The only enemies with shields are corpus and some corrupted i.e. this ability is useless against infested, grineer and the other corrupted. This means, if you are on a grineer or infested mission, you might as well not have a 2nd ability.

Something like Mag's shield polarize is a different story since it regenerates her own shields as well as her allies shields so it has utility outside of ripping away enemy shields, but your warframe's 2 does not.

The 4 does seem a bit like Roland's scorpio turret, but I don't think that's too much of a problem since it's fairly unique in warframe. If you really want to make it different, have you considered making it a mounted turret like a grineer Rampart?

All in all, the concept seems pretty balanced (although the numbers are the real determining factor there) and interesting.

Skill 2: Sapper - Deployable drone(s) that seek out the closest enemy and drain shields over time. *Augment mod that adds a chance to cause an Impact stagger proc when shields are down.

The first thing I imagine will be said is about skill 4 being a rip from the skill of the soldier class from the Borderlands series, and that is probably true by those that compare the two, especially in the name. It certainly could have a different name to it and some tweaking, but a deployable defensive barrier might add some fun to defense and survival missions.

Edited by GrandMAsterDan