Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Bosses Like Lephantis

Wolfssenger

I can't speak for everyone else, but personally Lephantis is my favorite boss because it's so engaging and encourages you to team up with allies to defeat the giant beast. I would like to see more bosses/ raids focused around this type of bossfighting where it's a group of tenno or a lone brave warrior taking on a massive and truly difficult adversary. Let's add some spice to the game, shall we?

I would much rather fight That statue in Tyl2.0's boss room than Tyl Regor himself. I have had it up to here with tiny invulnerable bosses with even tinier hitboxes.

We need big, epic bosses like the new j3 golem. Invulnerability phases and buggy weakspots that dont even work with punch through are the bane of my existence and why i really never do boss battles for resouces.

Alad V is an example of a good fight, because you dont have to focus all your bullets into his ugly face, just punch him a bit then punch his cat to death and then punch Alad again.

That or just give me a big meaty target for me to destroy.

I would much rather fight That statue in Tyl2.0's boss room than Tyl Regor himself. I have had it up to here with tiny invulnerable bosses with even tinier hitboxes.

We need big, epic bosses like the new j3 golem. Invulnerability phases and buggy weakspots that dont even work with punch through are the bane of my existence and why i really never do boss battles for resouces.

Alad V is an example of a good fight, because you dont have to focus all your bullets into his ugly face, just punch him a bit then punch his cat to death and then punch Alad again.

Yeah i would like bosses to present more of a challenge like in vindictus, ifyou you've ever played( their raid system would be fun here as well)

Lephantis is a fun boss, It is kind of annoying how many cheap knockdown or massive AoE attacks it has though.

If the arena you fought it in was about 50% bigger (but the second half stayed the same) then it would be perfect.

Lephantis is a fun boss, It is kind of annoying how many cheap knockdown or massive AoE attacks it has though.

If the arena you fought it in was about 50% bigger (but the second half stayed the same) then it would be perfect.

But overall a better boss fight, wouldnt you agree?

I liked lephantis more before the nerf. Now I can destroy him with mirrage in like 1-2 clips per head of the boltor prime at most.

The real problem is I don't have to move or dodge because I know the head will be dead by the time it enters another attack phase.

a long time ago (with the same weapon) it took my friends and I playing as a team to take him down, when he got one of us another might distract the head while one jumped in to revive. I would like something along the lines of T2 lephantis with double the stats and double the rewards.

I liked lephantis more before the nerf. Now I can destroy him with mirrage in like 1-2 clips per head of the boltor prime at most.

The real problem is I don't have to move or dodge because I know the head will be dead by the time it enters another attack phase.

a long time ago (with the same weapon) it took my friends and I playing as a team to take him down, when he got one of us another might distract the head while one jumped in to revive. I would like something along the lines of T2 lephantis with double the stats and double the rewards.

Or perhaps raise most bosses to around the difficulty/even higher and have some actually challenging and epic boss battles, right?

I agree. Lephantis is a good fight. As is Alad V and Jackal. Simply because the evolution of the fight is paced out by the actions of the tenno. It feels like we control the combat and is satisfying to expose and execute the big baddy on our terms.

Ruk would be many times more fun to fight if his weak spots could be exposed by hitting the armor in some manner, rather than being openned at random intervals, like an 80s arcade shooter lol. I hope to see more creativity in boss reworks that resemble this trend.

In my opinion, Lephantis is the only boss DE did right. Large heavy attacks and a sensible invulnerability phase (see DE it can be done right). As long as you don't Mprime him, he's a lot of fun to fight. I am a From Software guy and they've kinda warped the concept of bosses for me though...

In my opinion, Lephantis is the only boss DE did right. Large heavy attacks and a sensible invulnerability phase (see DE it can be done right). As long as you don't Mprime him, he's a lot of fun to fight. I am a From Software guy and they've kinda warped the concept of bosses for me though...

Precisely, sandbags are not bosses, they're target practice

I'm sorry I disagree, lephantis annoys me. It's buggy and I hate the invulnerability bs. 

Invulnerability and buggy weakspots? That sounds like lephantis.

I think Lynx also does a boss battle with invulnerable stages right too, although it could be a little more clear for first runners what's going on.  You always feel like you're doing something to progress the fight towards the end.  In the end, I think that makes him better than Lephantis, because Lephantis can get stuck (even without M Prime) and decide not to fight you and open his weak spots.

• 2 weeks later...

I farm lephantus for orokin cells using mirage and I rarely notice him get stuck, god like DPS in the first bit and invulnerability for the second bit, you can ever share it with your team. I have seen him get stuck once and that was a very long time ago, around the lvl 1 boss bug.

I like the way lephantus has attacks a player can dodge, unlike fire plumes that fall from the sky at random or a massive aoe attack that clears half the room. it makes me feel like a tanky frame is the only way to take on the boss while we should be agile space ninjas.

lephantus can be beaten by doging and jumping over attacks, faking him out and stuff. and since he goes vulnerable just before an attack you can get a bit of damage in then dodge to preserve yourself. unlike bosses that go vulnerable after the attack.

Lephantis for me is one of the more boring bosses to fight. You could stop him with Rhino making the fight quite a bore. Even without it the boss just isn't fun. Forcing you to shoot on a single weakspot when you have weapons that can penetrate any surface possible with puncture is just immersion breaker for me.

Not to mention the boss just had a very high defense which made most weapons useless.

Just drags the boss battle out. They should focus more on a Jackal type but one that doesn't have as obnoxious wait time each time you wreck a leg.