The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal's Parry Has A Problem Now

Malitias

With the changes to stamina and parry, Excal's Exalted Blade's innate "feature" to always block has actually become a problem now, because whenever you want to channel to use life strike you will loose a hell lot of energy. (because you are parrying and that drains energy while channeling.)

You either have to remove parry energy costs while in exalted blade or remove the "feature" of him always blocking. I don't really care.

• 1 month later...

Btw Exalted Blades Auto Parry was heavily Nerfed if you didnt realize.

It use to be 100% chance to parry i think and from all directions.

To like 35% chance and only enemies in you LoS I can understand fixing the Channelings energy drain but extinguishing auto parry would hurt some Arcane Phantasm users if not already hurt them from the Nerf on auto parry

To like 35% chance and only enemies in you LoS I can understand fixing the Channelings energy drain but extinguishing auto parry would hurt some Arcane Phantasm users if not already hurt them from the Nerf on auto parry

Removing auto-parry from EB wouldn't make players not able to parry.  Arcane Phantasm will still work as intended, you just won't have Easymode Phantasm.

Even more reason to remove it in my opinion.

- it should always activate non-channeled block.

What if I want to migitate all incoming damage? Gotta channel while blocking to do that.

Just learn when to channel properly and you won't have a problem.

lind before Life Strike as a temp-fix.

Edited by Zachatoo

- It never blocked from all directions at any time. It always blocked attacks from the front and slightly to the side, exactly the same as blocking has always done on any melee weapon.

- Unless something got badly glitched in the past few hotfixes without me noticing, its blocking chance is still 100%. I'm not sure where the bloody hell you pulled that "35% chance" thing out of, but blocking with EB is a straight -60% reduction to all incoming non-AoE attacks. This was ripped right out of the data files (60% reduction since EB is classified as a longsword), and I've verified it with ingame testing multiple times.

Even if if causes some problems I don't think that auto-block should be removed. Instead it should be tweaked a little:

- it should work only on the ground;

- it should always activate non-channeled block.

The problem isn't EB's auto-block; it's that the whole "channeled-blocking drains your energy" system is VERY poorly thought out and even more poorly executed. Exalted Blade is just affected by this the most since there's no way to turn off blocking while it's active.

What I think should change:

Channeling should have no effect on blocking (save for opening up parry finishers, which should happen at a 100% rate). Blocking needs to be more effective across all weapons, and the blocking-reduction table for different melee types needs an overhaul because it makes sense neither from a logical perspective nor a gameplay balance perspective.

Edited by SortaRandom

Auto is and always was just the front direction, not all round.

Auto parry now gives aim glide

Now only blocks for damage reduction not whole immunity

Still doesn't block knock downs

Trying to use any channeling mods makes your energy pool go down like mad due to the auto parry