The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.0 Is Absolutely Breaking My Heart In Disappointment. And I'll Tell You Why.

Onite

to some extent, i agree, but i prefer the new system

no this new system is not at all "realistic", the wall hop looks a little silly, bullet jumps do too

but i love the air you get with bullet jump

the old old system had its problems too, trying to wall run and they you want to go up more? not happening, want to go up a wall and then wall run? nope, not to mention all those time you wanted to do one or the other ad it farts on you and you just end up dropping or getting stuck on a front flip over an object.

this new system is much more free, and thats what i like about it, i believe the double jump is more of a "just in case", you mess up with the parkour.
so no, its not as realitix, its not as aesthetically pleasing (yet), but the movement just fits so better into technologically advanced space ninjas being able to go wherever they want however they want.

did i forget to mention new ziplines are ridiculously fun?

• 4 weeks later...

To be fair, while Parkour 2.0 has issues, devs mentioned that the tilesets are getting reworked.  We can probably expect some Parkour 2.0 revisions once those revamped tilesets start rolling out, because right now they were built for Parkour 1.0.  Whether you think the latter was better or not, the fact is the tileset isn't close to 100% compatible or optimal for Parkour 2.0 because it wasn't meant to be.

Thats not what I meant, you missunderstood me, I would actually be fine if bullet jump send me exactly where I am aiming, but the problem is that it doesnt, most of the time when I am trying to bullet jump directly in front of me I am send slightly upward. when in combat I dont really have time to spend time to make sure I am aiming exactly so I would be send forward, bullet jump demands far to be precision for movement that should be easy.

Except that precision is not above an average person's capabilities and can be achieved within the span of a jump pretty easily.

I cannot think of a better waste of time than to take a game where people loved the old system enough that it top ten ranks steam for the past year with millions of players and rip the old system entirely away. Then putting in a new system that doesn't work as well and starting fresh trying to fix that. Then to exaggerate your loss by wasting your time going back through likely 4 years of mapping and reworking those rooms. For one, it will never be thorough enough to make those rooms feel right because their angle size and pacing are at the conceptual level designed for parkour 1.0. For two it will waste the time of all your mappers, if they do it right for the next 4 years. Obviously they cant because they so they will do it wrong and still burn likely 2 months worth of time before giving it up and calling a pervasive insurance of zip lines a rework. SOOO MUCH FAIIIL.

If they asked me hey do you want us to rework all the old tile sets? first i would likely tell them i want them to put the old parkour elements back, then implement the elements from parkour 2.0 without removing parkour 1.0. Next i would tell them NO whatever you do do not rework the old tile sets. I would rather not have a hugely reduced release of new maps just so you can fix the old maps to represent slow floating bunny leaf frames.

Every hour spent fixing a system that doesn't work properly when you have one that does takes away from the release of maps hosting lore. The possibility of new game modes, and all content in general that would have gone in environments that will now never be created.

Edited by HurpadurpusRex