Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Praises & Criticism For Parkour 2.0

Ithloniel

DE, I love you guys.  Every time you introduce something new to the game, things always get a little more interesting, and the game becomes more expansive and polished, often in ways I never expected.

To say that Warframe has been my favourite game of the last couple years is a bit of an understatement.  Thank you.

And now, as expected, on to the criticism :p

1) Quick melee has a delay coming out of a roll.  This wasn't there before the rework.

2) When pressing 'S', to move backwards, while attempting to jump out of a slide, it forces me to bullet jump forward.  This is counter-intuitive, and movement-locks us a bit during combat.  If there is a way to include a backwards jumping option, this would smooth out combat a lot.

3) Wall grabs are some of the coolest tricks I have seen in this game, ever.  It opens up so many possibilities when shooting with a sniper rifle, pistol, or just plain spray-and-pray; however, it is woefully limited with melee.  One of the old ideas was the off-the-wall melee attack.  Due to a loss of momentum in air melee attacks, this is no longer achievable.

4)  While paused on a wall, we should be able to change weapons.  Part of what makes jumping on a wall so interesting is it lets us get in or out of combat in unique ways.  Imagine a loki going invisible, jumping onto a wall, sheathing their melee, and sniping targets, or an Excalibur shooting with his pistol only to draw his sword, jump, and slam down on his enemies.

While I briefly touched on it in number 2, it is worth reiterating that bullet jumping currently feels overemphasized in our movement options.  It seems to be the primary action at all times, much like coptering once was.  To get away from this a bit, directional crouch-to-jump movements would be amazing if made available.  I am not saying they should cover anywhere near as much ground, but they would effectively expand movement options during game play, without locking us into forward motions coming out of a slide.

Once again, thank you.  I love the new stuff, and it is a huge bullet jump forward.  I can't wait to see where Warframe goes next!

- Ithloniel

Edited by Ithloniel

2) When pressing 'S', to move backwards, while attempting to jump out of a slide, it forces me to bullet jump forward.  This is counter-intuitive, and movement-locks us a bit during combat.  If there is a way to include a backwards jumping option, this would smooth out combat a lot.

Don't quite get this one. I don't see any issues with it. I go straight up, as intended. 

Don't quite get this one. I don't see any issues with it. I go straight up, as intended. 

You wouldn't go straight up while looking forward; you'd jump forward.  Although, the point is, by holding your backwards-movement button, you'd ideally jump backwards, while still facing forward.

Edited by Ithloniel

DE, I love you guys.  Every time you introduce something new to the game, things always get a little more interesting, and the game becomes more expansive and polished, often in ways I never expected.

To say that Warframe has been my favourite game of the last couple years is a bit of an understatement.  Thank you.

And now, as expected, on to the criticism :p

1) Quick melee has a delay coming out of a roll.  This wasn't there before the rework.

3) Wall grabs are some of the coolest tricks I have seen in this game, ever.  It opens up so many possibilities when shooting with a sniper rifle, pistol, or just plain spray-and-pray; however, it is woefully limited with melee.  One of the old ideas was the off-the-wall melee attack.  Due to a loss of momentum in air melee attacks, this is no longer achievable.

4)  While paused on a wall, we should be able to change weapons.  Part of what makes jumping on a wall so interesting is it lets us get in or out of combat in unique ways.  Imagine a loki going invisible, jumping onto a wall, sheathing their melee, and sniping targets, or an Excalibur shooting with his pistol only to draw his sword, jump, and slam down on his enemies.

While I briefly touched on it in number 2, it is worth reiterating that bullet jumping currently feels overemphasized in our movement options.  It seems to be the primary action at all times, much like coptering once was.  To get away from this a bit, directional crouch-to-jump movements would be amazing if made available.  I am not saying they should cover anywhere near as much ground, but they would effectively expand movement options during game play, without locking us into forward motions coming out of a slide.

Once again, thank you.  I love the new stuff, and it is a huge bullet jump forward.  I can't wait to see where Warframe goes next!

- Ithloniel

i love you