Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Changes To Scorpions

Volt_Cruelerz

1. Requires LoS (hopefully this was just oversight on your part)

2. Now fires a glowing projectile with a glowing cable behind it, allowing attentive players to dodge it

3. If hit, the Tenno will be pulled forward for two seconds unless the Scorpion is stunned or killed

4. Sentinels will immediately focus fire on Scorpions while owner is grappled.

Personally, I love the idea of the enemy, but right now, it's kinda ridiculous how good these things are.  The above changes should make them a more reasonable opponent though.

@AscendantWyvern

At least that would make sense, and would make it possible to deal with more than one of them spawning at a time. But how does being dragged by your foot make you unable to shoot your guns?

perhaps by making it an "interact" move, i guess. If you're being pulled by a scorpion, you have an "E" (or respective Binding) prompt similar to the console "X" prompts, when pressed, you are awarded with a melee animation and return to combat.

This removes the Scorpion trait from being frustrating, to rather one you have control over.

@AscendantWyvern

And it would prevent complete removal of player agency. For some reason DE has a designer on staff who wants to stunlock and remove all player control...he should really be sat down and taught why its a bad idea as well as good enemy design.

While the image of seeing DE_Rebecca wagging her finger going, "Naughty naughty" to the gameplay designer is amusing, I see the importance of "stuns", so long as it isn't all over the place. A reason why I proposed that "interactive" ability instead of sitting on your warframe's &#! while being drug towards the cyber-babe.

Edited by AscendantWyvern

While the image of seeing DE_Rebecca wagging his finger going, "Naughty naughty" to the gameplay designer is amusing, I see the importance of "stuns", so long as it isn't all over the place. A reason why I proposed that "interactive" ability instead of sitting on your warframe's &#! while being drug towards the cyber-babe.

her finger...

I just want them to stop grabbing me through walls and putting me in animation lock. I've been grabbed in the middle of an ability that completed and killed the Scorpion but I'm stuck in place unable to take action as if I was still being pulled.

Personally I love these enemies, though getting chain-pulled is somewhat annoying. I've taken to calling them hookers, and while i've not yet been pulled through any walls or solid objects-and suggest that it be fixed if it is indeed happening- the only real change they need is something to visually set them apart from other melee granieer (like electroprod's) so that they are more readily distinguished.

to be honest, i would like DE to completely remove them from the game until they give them the necessary feature to make them manageable and not just plain nuisance.

like the posts before me have said, give a animation and travel time for the grapple, so it's dodgeable. maybe make the grapple blockable with the parry button. also they should grapple through walls, but im assuming it's unintended.