Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fragor simply is too slow

Jaon

After crafting the Fragor for a fairly reasonable price and resource cost, I must say I am really not impressed. While I understand the trade off for using the Fragor is Damage > Speed but there is a cut off point where the weapon becomes so slow that you take more damage from attempting to melee them than you do reloading and shooting them with your main weapon. I find the only really viable means to use it is to use the sliding sweep attack when you sprint/crouch, otherwise a cronus sword or any other decent katana is going to out shine it everywhere.

Even in an application where you would think it would shine, such as fighting a large horde of infected, the fact that the Fragor slows the users run speed down when in use and its huge Charge time means you'll usually have your attack cancelled by a hit or be knocked down by a leaper because you cant move quickly enough before you can take advantage of the "hits multiple targets". Im going back to using my Cronus, Cant say Ive tried out the Scindo, opinions on that are welcome.

This is my Fragor. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My Fragor is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My Fragor, without me, is useless. Without my Fragor, I am useless. I must wield my Fragor true. I must hit harder than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must hit him before he hits me. I will...

My Fragor and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our guns, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My Fragor is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its weight, its reach and its swing. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my Fragor clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My Fragor and myself are the defenders of my Mission. We are the masters of our enemy. We

are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is ours and there is no enemy, but peace!

Fragor is not for everyone. Stay true to your puny little knife if it fits you more. For me... it's HAMMERTIME!

Try using Melee Damage mods [in both frame and the hammer] then using the slide attack, you'll easily do 400+ damage to everything inside the attack. Your normal attacks will do 200+ damage, and slap on a single fire rate mod and you have yourself an armor crushing machine.