Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Natural Polarities Vs Forma'd Polarities

Volt_Cruelerz

Now that these are in the game, shouldn't weapons that relied on polarities to match the power of other weapons be buffed and perhaps have their natural polarity removed?

EDIT: apparently you can only forma an object once, so this is a non-issue.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

In the end though, you'll still be better off doing it to something that doesn't have a polarity to begin with.  So sure it takes less time, but in the same amount of time, you'll be equal.  That last polarization for, say, Hek puts it over the edge.

it depends on what the polarities are, plus, are you more likely to use a weapon that, while low level, has a polarity slot so you can buff it with more powerful mods, or a low level weapon that doesn't have a polarity slot and therefore can't be buffed as much early on?

considering the sheer number of options I don't think you can definitively say ANY are better than the others.

Braton Vandal < Braton.  The thing keeping it balanced was the polarity, but now formas exist.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

takes a pretty long time to farm and level that much though, beside the Vandal is an exclusive promotional weapon, if it were significantly more powerful than the normal one it would be unbalanced.

takes a pretty long time to farm and level that much though, beside the Vandal is an exclusive promotional weapon, if it were significantly more powerful than the normal one it would be unbalanced.

Time investment will inevitably occur which is the point.

And I'm not trying to make it better.  I'm saying that these weapons are intrinsically weaker at this point in the long-run and wish that to be changed.

Idk..  Maybe just make it so that if you already have a fully polarized weapon you can either change polarities or just use the forma to flat-out buff the weapon.  For simplicity's sake (and I don't feel like doing the math at this point), let's just say that doing so would buff all stats of the weapon by 5% or so.  This would make weapons that start off with polarities match those that don't in the end.  Yes, you'd need to cap the number of polarizations possible at the number of slots or some related function so you don't end up with endless power growth (unless you want that, I suppose).

In the end though, you'll still be better off doing it to something that doesn't have a polarity to begin with.  So sure it takes less time, but in the same amount of time, you'll be equal.  That last polarization for, say, Hek puts it over the edge.

^ This

I won't be polarizing any weapons that start with a polarity slot. I hope they limit the number of polarities we can add to a weapon 

^ This

I won't be polarizing any weapons that start with a polarity slot. I hope they limit the number of polarities we can add to a weapon

I hope they don't, its another fun time sink for me and give me accomplishment.

Edit: turns out you can't do it more then once, bummer. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/49922-so-i-just-jigged-my-braton/

Edited by BleuNoir