Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt 2.0 (Some Ideas)

SteaKnight-X

I think the ult should do something on its own, not buff other abilities.

Good point,

But you have to agree that his first three skill have perfect synergy and are fine as they are.

The current Overload just dont fit his kit(shock is better in my opnion)

The idea behind was to work with this skills.

He already deals a lot of damage (Shield+ "some good weapon" *_*)

The lack of his ult could be benificial to the other skills.

And it would be something different. Something we did not have before^^

Also what about the other suggest(The other suggested Ults)? 

Do you like 'em?

Edited by SteaKnight-X

Good point,

But you have to agree that his first three skill have perfect synergy and are fine as they are.

The current Overload just dont fit his kit(shock is better in my opnion)

The idea behind was to work with this skills.

He already deals a lot of damage (Shield+ "some good weapon" *_*)

The lack of his ult could be benificial to the other skills.

And it would be something different. Something we did not have before^^

Also what about the other suggest(The other suggested Ults)? 

Do you like 'em?

One of the other ult Ideas mentioned his shield stat and potentially using the ult to buff that and also teammates, which could be interesting...

But today I was thinking about a totally different game which I mod, and I made a scripted weapon for that, which was based on an ability in another game, not Warframe, this was before I got really into Warframe. So I was thinking about this ability, and how it was kind of similar to an eximus or Moa stomp, or like Valkyr's Paralysis actually.

Here's what the ability did though. Only unit that had it had shields. On using the ability, which released a radial knock down and damage attack, if the attack hit anything, the unit's shields were drained completely and more damage was dealt to affected targets. Kinda like Paralysis, which I think is weird that Valkyr has it, considering her low shield stat. And then I realized I had named the ability Shield Overload, and then I realized it might be an idea for Volt.

So, Idea for update to Overload.

Consume part of Volt's shield to buff the damage of Overload. Full Shield and decent damage build, but not necesarily min maxed? Any non boss non eximus on the starchart dies in one hit, heavy eximus are heavily damaged and stunned. Shields drop to like half or something. Half Shield Overload would leave heavy non eximus alive, shields drop to like 25%. Shields below 25% and you have current overload still good for stuns but meh damage.

And obviously I wouldn't say no to regenerating environment objects and adding other interacting objects particularly on Grineer sets... and quicker cast time...

So DE talked in the last Devstream(58) about upcoming reworks. (Valkyr, Saryn...... even Volt)

They also said that they gonna aim for more synergy and combining abilties.

So overloading abilties could be possible?
I mean the first three abilties ae just perfect. Changing them would be just a fail.

I thought to my self, keep Concept I ve made, but change the energy usage a bit.
Only 100 energy for very strong versions of the old abilties? No way^^

So here is the tweak:

The actualy concept 

Overloaded Shock

Now casts multiple acrs.
Imagine it as "Amprex" with "Multishot"
Every arc can chain to other enemies.
Chaining effect prefers enemies that where not stunned before.

How it looks:

ElectromanConcept.jpg

Overloaded Speed

You're affected stronger by speed

+10%/20%/30% of the Speed buff

(If you have 50% Speed boost you get +30% of your 50% = 65%)

This extra boost only affects Volt

Overloaded Shield

Instead of a shield, you spawn a sphere that has the same traits.

How it looks:

mass_effect_biotic_sphere_for_xps_by_tal

But much smaller

Altertnate version:
Spawn a bigger shield (not a sphere), that shocks enemies when they touch the Shield 

I came to that idea, cuz we all agree that Volt and his first skills are perfect.

So boosting those and taking away the old ult would be fine, wouldn't it?

The Values of the Overloaded Speed still need some tweaks. But the intention was to boost Volt a bit more than the rest of the team^^ (he finally can be the fastest^^) 

Overall changes

To the New Overload.
10/20/30s Duration

100 energy cost  (Scratch that, instead increase tha casting cost for each abilty)
Some values:
Shock: (actual cost) + 15
Speed: (actual cost) + 15

Shield: (actual cost) + 30

Also 40 energy for activating Overload?

Animation:
The Lighting effects around Volt are much stronger(indicator for being overloaded)
Imagine it like the Super Sayan 2 Form where they have those lightning effects

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by SteaKnight-X

The changes I think would be most useful for volt would not be to change the abilities but to at least change how they work so they adapt to the changes the game has undergone, except overload... that needs to change

Stats:

As far as his stats go they make him a glass cannon so I like them the way they are, except for his base speed. He is flowing with electricity after all and electricity moves rather quickly. So shouldn't he be quick as well? I don't mean a huge speed increase, just enough to have him as on of the fastest if not the fastest frame. And if the change is only implemented into Volt Prime that is alright.

Abilities:

Shock

1.- Stun time stack: When an enemy is shocked there is a stun for a certain amount of time but when the enemy is shocked again the stun time is unchanged. What would make the ability more usable against higher level enemies would be for the stun time to increase depending on how many times the enemy was blasted. Say the stun lasts 2 seconds, if the enemy is still alive another blast from shock would increase the stun by another 2 seconds respectively 

2.- Disintegration: Occasional when blasting waves infested even after some die they look like they are simply stunned,not dead. It is impossible to tell when they are actually dead or stunned which makes me either chop at something that is already dead and looking like a goof or blasting it again and wasting precious energy. So instead of a static stun like animmation after death the enemies could become disintegrated to better distinguish the living shocked enemies from the dead ones. Also it would look sick. 

3.- Volt Prime Shock: Having Volt Prime's shock that rains down from the heavens sound like an actual thunderbolt would be fantastic

Speed

1.- Parkour 2.0 Fix: This ability is great as is except that with Parkour 2.0 you lose a ton of momentum doing the bullet jump and such if that could be fixed to jump faster or further it would work marvelously.

2.- Gotta go fast: I would pay money to have the "Gotta go fast" theme song from Sonic X play whenever I use speed.

Replace any time it says sonic with "Volt" and hedgehog with "Warframe".

Electric Shield

1.- Explosives: Please make the shield cancel out explosion damage and knockback because whenever a bombard arrives I suddenly don't feel so safe behind the shield. Other wise it is perfect.

2.- Visual: It may be a bit much in terms of coding and performance to ask, but, it would look sooooo cooool if whenever a bullet hit the shield a sort of translucent hexagon glow appeared on the shield.

wall_halo3_01_1024.jpg

Kinda like this

Overload

Oh Overload, where to even begin with this one?

To be brutally honest the skill needs to be changed entirely. The fact that it is useful only once per room and on certain tile sets hinders volt greatly.

Now, what would be great would be to get inspiration form the "Force Repulse" ability in star wars the force unleashed 2.

1. Where there is the initial shock wave 360 degree blast of pure concentrated electricity.

2. Enemies within closer proximity say 5m get the most damage and then there is a damage falloff after that range.

3. Enemies that die disintegrate similarly to the shock ability.

4. Enemies that live are flung like rag dolls away from cast location which would leave them vulnerable to melee finishers or other attacks.

5. Aaaaaaand a cool bass heavy explosion like sound effect to make it oh so satisfying to use.

sfr_by_kikinchikn-d96js6g.gif

If you are wondering, Yes I made this GIF purely for the post

Also cloth physics on his butt cape would be grand.

Edited by rydercd

The changes I think would be most useful for volt would not be to change the abilities but to at least change how they work so they adapt to the changes the game has undergone, except overload... that needs to change

Stats:
As far as his stats go they make him a glass cannon so I like them the way they are, except for his base speed. He is flowing with electricity after all and electricity moves rather quickly. So shouldn't he be quick as well? I don't mean a huge speed increase, just enough to have him as on of the fastest if not the fastest frame. And if the change is only implemented into Volt Prime that is alright.

Abilities:

Shock

1.- Stun time stack: When an enemy is shocked there is a stun for a certain amount of time but when the enemy is shocked again the stun time is unchanged. What would make the ability more usable against higher level enemies would be for the stun time to increase depending on how many times the enemy was blasted. Say the stun lasts 2 seconds, if the enemy is still alive another blast from shock would increase the stun by another 2 seconds respectively 

2.- Disintegration: Occasional when blasting waves infested even after some die they look like they are simply stunned,not dead. It is impossible to tell when they are actually dead or stunned which makes me either chop at something that is already dead and looking like a goof or blasting it again and wasting precious energy. So instead of a static stun like animmation after death the enemies could become disintegrated to better distinguish the living shocked enemies from the dead ones. Also it would look sick. 

3.- Volt Prime Shock: Having Volt Prime's shock that rains down from the heavens sound like an actual thunderbolt would be fantastic

Speed

1.- Parkour 2.0 Fix: This ability is great as is except that with Parkour 2.0 you lose a ton of momentum doing the bullet jump and such if that could be fixed to jump faster or further it would work marvelously.

2.- Gotta go fast: I would pay money to have the "Gotta go fast" theme song from Sonic X play whenever I use speed.
Replace any time it says sonic with "Volt" and hedgehog with "Warframe".

Electric Shield

1.- Explosives: Please make the shield cancel out explosion damage and knockback because whenever a bombard arrives I suddenly don't feel so safe behind the shield. Other wise it is perfect.

2.- Visual: It may be a bit much in terms of coding and performance to ask, but, it would look sooooo cooool if whenever a bullet hit the shield a sort of translucent hexagon glow appeared on the shield.

wall_halo3_01_1024.jpg
Kinda like this

Overload

Oh Overload, where to even begin with this one?
To be brutally honest the skill needs to be changed entirely. The fact that it is useful only once per room and on certain tile sets hinders volt greatly.

Now, what would be great would be to get inspiration form the "Force Repulse" ability in star wars the force unleashed 2.

1. Where there is the initial shock wave 360 degree blast of pure concentrated electricity.
2. Enemies within closer proximity say 5m get the most damage and then there is a damage falloff after that range.
3. Enemies that die disintegrate similarly to the shock ability.
4. Enemies that live are flung like rag dolls away from cast location which would leave them vulnerable to melee finishers or other attacks.

5. Aaaaaaand a cool bass heavy explosion like sound effect to make it oh so satisfying to use.

sfr_by_kikinchikn-d96js6g.gif
If you are wondering, Yes I made this GIF purely for the post

Also cloth physics on his butt cape would be grand.

Ult looks similar to Nyx's Ult (Just bigger range and without the absorb mechanic)

The curren't shiedk, even if explosions go through, is actually still fine.

I mean it has infinite health, boosts your weapon dmg. It needs some little drawbacks.

I wouldn't want Shock's stun time to increase if you hit the same enemie again. (Stun lock would be to stong^^)

We don't even need that. Since enemies get killed after the stuns(with your weapon ofc^^)

Shock abilty is mostly used to keep the enimy busy while reloading.

Instead I would like the stun duration to by affected by duration mods.

Since the base duration is 2 secs, full duration wouln't be that OP(just enough to keep multiple enemies busy while reloading(multiple casts ofc)

• 1 month later...

Changed my mind about overload. A self buff to his other 3 would be interesting.

Here are my ideas now:

Overload changes into a toggled channelled self buff

could still have the EMP wave on initial cast though, still low damage, does extra damage to enemies that are already electric procced?

Overloaded Shock
casting shock additionally teleports you to its endpoint

Overloaded Speed
not sure about speed, maybe integrate Shocking Speed augment

Overloaded Electric Shield
casting electric shield simultaneously casts something like Sonic Boom

And Passive ideas

Capacitor
Incoming Electric damage increases Energy (similar to Rage mod) and is reduced

Conductor
Volt is immune to electric procs

well, now my head just hurts. That one is over the top complicated, Volt is a starter frame don't forget, and no power should be used by holding down the cast button. And volt doesn't need that big a rework anyway.

Edited by KinetosImpetus

I think his shield is fine just as it is. You can shield allies with it and provides any ally with a means of increasing their damage as well. If you make it a personal bubble from him, you lose out on team play.

unless he shield tanks

and go in head first to protect others behind him

• 4 weeks later...

Changed my mind about overload. A self buff to his other 3 would be interesting.

Here are my ideas now:

Overload changes into a toggled channelled self buff

could still have the EMP wave on initial cast though, still low damage, does extra damage to enemies that are already electric procced?

Overloaded Shock
casting shock additionally teleports you to its endpoint

Overloaded Speed
not sure about speed, maybe integrate Shocking Speed augment

Overloaded Electric Shield
casting electric shield simultaneously casts something like Sonic Boom

And Passive ideas

Capacitor
Incoming Electric damage increases Energy (similar to Rage mod) and is reduced

Conductor
Volt is immune to electric procs

Glad that you also like the Idea of the selfbuff.

Your Ideas of the overloaded versions and the passives sounds interesting.

What do you think about the energy costs?

A little increases cuz, we dont want OP?

How about a passive a passive where your energy pool recharges?

Like:

Generator

On full Energy Shield your energy starts to regen

2 per sec?

I would also add some little tweaks:

-like shooting shock through your electric shield, cost less and add 2 to 4 more chainings.(May be also add some extra range)

-running through electric shield, while speed is on either adds the augumented version, or refreshes half of your duration(or both^^)

-Activating shock while speed is on, could be your mentioned teleportation.

A couple of additional things, Shock should have the recast window used by Landslide and Ripline and enemies that run into Electric Shield should be shocked, and shock duration of all abilities should react to duration mods

The energy cost would be balanced out by Overload being a toggled ability, so no Energy Siphon or Vampire while it's active.

i didn't look at other post yet so forgive me if i repeated anything.

An Idea I have had for the 4th ability would be basically a toggle-able ability that would allow you shoot arks of lightning similar to the Amperx.

A addition to the 3rd ability could be a stun when enemies pass through the shield or make it so enemies have a small chance to reflect damage back at them. also another idea could be when using electric shield it could repel or knock down enemies in the way.

a little addition could be making the second ability toggle-able and when turned off emit a stun or some damage.

I don't know if you could make the first ability charge and throw a lightning ball and if you tap 1 then it would just the normal lightning attack or charge it to do more damage. 

Edited by Starwake