Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Current State In Pvp.

Rhaenxys

Let me activate my flame shield and lets start:

With the current buffs to Rhino prime and Frost prime Valkyr has less to offer in the survivability aspect, not only that, with the current nerf on paralysis (which was needed but is too much animation) her whole ability kit is nearly useless.

- Ripline needs aim assist and prioritize enemies over terrain (this is needed in PvE too).

- Paralysis needs slightly shorter animation, something between before 17.03 and the current version, actually is too slow even if the power cost is only 5, with mods to resist stagger there is absolutely no need to such a huge casting time, again something in between or explore another options such power cost increase.

- Warcry slow nerf was a must but actually the slow effect is just minimal and a waste of 75 energy, other abilities with that powercost are way better or near a sure kill, the buff to melee and armor is pretty meh.

- Hysteria is now too dependant on paralysis to catch any enemy, parkour 2.0 have an impact on air directional melee attacks and more important on slide attacks, nearly useless in big maps.

- New mods who add more puncture damage make Valkyr even more useless thanks to the low shield value.

She needs changes here and there to be honest, she has the same fate as saryn i think, people are afraid of having an OP frame and they are pretty much useless compared to other frames.

Imho it would be enough that Ripline would act like SlashDash or Freeze, prioritizing player targets in a small cone (instead than pinpoint), and eventually working on the duration of Warcry buff.

So you would ripline a target and have a chance to set up your other skills.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

Excuse me but gotta bump this thread a bit, hopefully the PvP dev team will tweak her a bit in next hotfixes, considerations:

1- As i say in this thread, make ripline inline with other first abilities, the knockdown+pull effect is great as it is but the aim is terrible.

2- I know that paralysis cost 5 energy but it cant compete with other stagger abilities anymore, the damage is pretty low, it drains the already Valkyr low shield value, the animation increase is a horrible way to fix her, there was better solutions as to increase the shield drain to make Valkyr more health vulnerable.

3- Rhino stomp decrease movement speed to 75% and cost 100 energy, warcry should debuff movement speed to 50% instead of the current value, the melee speed buff is nearly useless after paralysis nerf, catching anyone who is bullet jumping without a quick stagger is awful.

4- Hysteria should grant a 50% (or other value) of movement speed bonus, again it was too dependant on paralysis, now is unusable.

Option 2 would be to make Hysteria being affected by martial magnetism (i dont know if it does already, i dont think so).

Please consider tweaking her a bit.

Edited by Rhaenxys

Let me activate my flame shield and lets start:

With the current buffs to Rhino prime and Frost prime Valkyr has less to offer in the survivability aspect, not only that, with the current nerf on paralysis (which was needed but is too much animation) her whole ability kit is nearly useless.

- Ripline needs aim assist and prioritize enemies over terrain (this is needed in PvE too).

- Paralysis needs slightly shorter animation, something between before 17.03 and the current version, actually is too slow even if the power cost is only 5, with mods to resist stagger there is absolutely no need to such a huge casting time, again something in between or explore another options such power cost increase.

- Warcry slow nerf was a must but actually the slow effect is just minimal and a waste of 75 energy, other abilities with that powercost are way better or near a sure kill, the buff to melee and armor is pretty meh.

- Hysteria is now too dependant on paralysis to catch any enemy, parkour 2.0 have an impact on air directional melee attacks and more important on slide attacks, nearly useless in big maps.

- New mods who add more puncture damage make Valkyr even more useless thanks to the low shield value.

She needs changes here and there to be honest, she has the same fate as saryn i think, people are afraid of having an OP frame and they are pretty much useless compared to other frames.

You have presented problems. Shoot some solutions our way.

I already post some solutions on this thread but anyway...

If the long cast time from paralysis is gonna stay at least it should debuff movement speed for 3-5 seconds after an enemy is affected.

Increase warcry duration to 15 seconds, and movement speed debuff to 50%.

Ripline aim assist like Frost first ability, overall improvement in targeting enemies.

With bigger maps getting released Hysteria is getting more useless, make it work with martial magnetism and give Valkyr increased movement speed.

I dont know if it works like this before (i dont think so) but paralysis is taking your entire shields and a bit of health when used, all for 75 damage to shields, pretty lame if you ask me, PvP dev team please take a look at Valkyr as a whole in PvP because it has 0 usefull abilties.