The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Discussion] 17.0.4 Hydroid Suggested Adjustments

FoxFX

I like the radial slam/knockdown idea and it may be a lot more thematic/look cooler but it doesn't fix the reliability issue of Swarm. It's too random to offer proper CC and the duration dependence/inability to cancel makes it even worse with the Pilfering change. Being able to adust your range to fit your needs is quite useful for Hydro. With your proposal there's no downside to running large range. I think the reverse is better. Fixed AoE radius and adjustable spawn range.

Dully noted. Hydroid's gimmick might be the "Water-Warframe," but many of his abilities are AOE techniques that control,damage, and lay down ally support. I wanted to really change out a few of his kits, but I figured by DE's standards, they wouldn't just remove an ability outright unless there is a dire need to do so.

With that in mind, do you think there is an ability that Hydroid has that he is better off without?

Need to go experience the changes, but I like your suggestions off the cuff.  I'm finding tentacle swarm sort of underwhelming, i'd prefer if the tentacles would just grab lift and squeeze in place targets they find.

Any thoughts now after experiencing the changes?

I love using Barrage 

Either just swap their places or lower the energy cost on Tidal.

I can understand there are people that still enjoy Barrage, but my fear is that Barrage's capabilities less useful in higher level fights despite having the ability to knockdown opponents.

Does anyone else share the same thought?

I can understand there are people that still enjoy Barrage, but my fear is that Barrage's capabilities less useful in higher level fights despite having the ability to knockdown opponents.

Does anyone else share the same thought?

Can you elaborate ? You kinda contradicted yourself there, I mean, how is knockdown not useful in higher levels ?

Can you elaborate ? You kinda contradicted yourself there, I mean, how is knockdown not useful in higher levels ?

In my thoughts, and without Augments, Barrage to me feels like a watered down version of Tentacle Swarm.

I know there are distinct differences, but you have these two abilities that cover up an area doing damage and CCing. The only difference I see from barrage and Swarm is that one of them does less damage and lasts shorter.

I would like to hear other people's opinion about Barrage and Swarm and let them express how they feel about the two abilities in depth.

In my thoughts, and without Augments, Barrage to me feels like a watered down version of Tentacle Swarm.

I know there are distinct differences, but you have these two abilities that cover up an area doing damage and CCing. The only difference I see from barrage and Swarm is that one of them does less damage and lasts shorter.

I would like to hear other people's opinion about Barrage and Swarm and let them express how they feel about the two abilities in depth.

I see where you're coming from.I admit they do share a lot of similarities while Tentacles Swarm excels in multiple areas.However, since there can only be one instance of each on the battlefield, you'll end up using both abilities for maximum CC. At least that's what I think.

AlienOvermind posted in this thread that Undertow needed a heavy adjustment. I like to think that shouldn't be the case due to its healing utility with Currative Augment as well as being a bit of a panic technique. What are your thoughts on this ability?

Undertow has always been a strange ability to me. If it weren't for the augment, I would hardly ever use it. Undertow has questionable and limited cc compared to the rest of his kit. I find drowning enemies, hiding them away from allies rather situational and most of the time, unwanted. Invincibility is convenient and all, but locking you out of the game while being a stationary puddle just doesn't seem right in a fast pace game.