Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ancient Disruptors

ThetaL0L

In my oppinion, the "Ancient Disruptors" of the Infested is way too powerful. Every single attack it does makes your entire shield and power go down to 0. It's bad enough when you face one and a bunch of other smaller Infected, but try against 2-3 of them plus the smaller guys...it's insane. Please give the Ancient Disruptors a nerf, maybe so that they drain a fixed amount (maybe 50 shield and 25 power?) instead of the entire thing.

...theyre fine as they are.

shoot the boot, they go down fast.

it also varies as to what warframe youre using AND your warframe level in relation to theirs.

if youre a level 10 fighting level 30 enemies youre gonna have problems.

edit;

@chath

aim for the boot, i told you that last time we ran an infected map. i also said use an automatic rifle because ancients are bullet sponges.

Edited by Kittygoesmeow

they are as much as a pain as any other hevy unit in this game. 1 is ok, 2 at once hurts, 3 at once chalange, 4 at once game gods are laughing at your dead guy and the look on your face.

point is if there is 3 or more its best to just spam your abilitys till they die or just run.

The disruption effect should act like the Neural Headcrabs in HalfLife 2. If you got hit by them your health was reduced to 1, but it would slowly return to what it was prior over 5 or so seconds. The effect was scarying the absolute bejeebus out of the player since they could be killed in a single follow up hit, but it did no lasting damage.

Ancient Disrupters should work like that when it comes to power, your shields can regen on their own.

they are as much as a pain as any other hevy unit in this game. 1 is ok, 2 at once hurts, 3 at once chalange, 4 at once game gods are laughing at your dead guy and the look on your face.

point is if there is 3 or more its best to just spam your abilitys till they die or just run.

This scenario has one monkey wrench easily thrown in it...

The first disruptor takes you by surprise and hits you, all of your energy is gone, your shield is gone... what do?

The first disruptor takes you by surprise and hits you, all of your energy is gone, your shield is gone... what do?

depending on your weapon, you run around and pump its boot full of lead.

if youre using an automatic, thats easy. if a pistol, well youre kinda screwed because few pistols have the power needed to kill ancients properly in less than a minute.

You're not thinking about what you were distracted by... (Hint, probably a hoard)

...except that hoard usually supercedes the slower ancients by a good thirty seconds. if you see an ancient you should focus on taking out the hoard then the ancients.

it can be slow whittling them down, but its doable. if i can do it with a sniper rifle and a level 3 loki, im sure anyone whos actually good at shooters can.

also, ancients take vaccum damage so breaking a window and waiting until they die is an option if your shields are high enough.

thats why i said run. you can shoot while running away. disrupters are actualy prity slow and rarly use thier charge. as for the hoard just mow em down as they chase you aim for leapers first. (runners have to stop to blow up and chargers usualy miss) once your shield recharges and the hoard is desimated. yell your battle cry and CHARGE!!!!

PS: forgeting we are ninjas... whisper your battle cry

Edited by V1RTU5

...except that hoard usually supercedes the slower ancients by a good thirty seconds. if you see an ancient you should focus on taking out the hoard then the ancients.

it can be slow whittling them down, but its doable. if i can do it with a sniper rifle and a level 3 loki, im sure anyone whos actually good at shooters can.

also, ancients take vaccum damage so breaking a window and waiting until they die is an option if your shields are high enough.

Problem is: They hit you, shield and power = 0. Open windows will result in you dying as well. If you get hit they get to deal damage directly to your health instead. And the Ancients have a charge, so they catch up to you in about the same rate as the smaller minions even if they charge in before.

What's your strategy? I've always been able to stop or slow them with a freeze mod on any gun, or the HEK, and the Furax (I don't know how other melee weapons fare) has always charged fast enough to stunlock them with charges. Plus, their charge takes forever, and you can just sprint away from that.

Also, what frame do you play? There's probably a way you could've used that energy before it got wiped to save your &#!; it's not gonna gain interest, so don't sit on it.

It's weird, I haven't seen a single Disruptor since the 5.4 update, yet I see Healers and Toxics everywhere. Sometimes half a dozen in a row. Then when I'm finally done chewing through the mobs, it can be this period of eerie silence for several minutes, with not a single enemy around. It's like they tried to emulate L4D/2's Director but didn't quite pull it off properly yet.

Personally I've found that dropping a Decoy is highly effective, although if there's multiple Ancients I'll usually need to drop multiple Decoys because of how long they take to kill. Fortunately, my reserve is 200, and the sheer number of infested generally means there's a surplus of energy orbs.

I've also found tapping sprint to roll is a moderately effective way of dodging their melee strikes, but it's very hit-and-miss. Apparently they can hit you through their side (as in their arm will clip through their body to hit you) if you roll off to their left, which is really daft.

There's also the not-worth-the-xp factor... I think Ancients in general need a bit more revision. One on one they're child's play because you can just stunlock them with charge attacks. But in groups they're just ridiculous.

What's your strategy? I've always been able to stop or slow them with a freeze mod on any gun, or the HEK, and the Furax (I don't know how other melee weapons fare) has always charged fast enough to stunlock them with charges. Plus, their charge takes forever, and you can just sprint away from that.

Also, what frame do you play? There's probably a way you could've used that energy before it got wiped to save your &#!; it's not gonna gain interest, so don't sit on it.

as a shotgunner i just tend to run through infected maps with a smile on my face. but when im in the oh **** moment i run.

i use excalaber and curently lvling my rhino.

excalaber is great with just unleashing a quick charge or flash bang b4 entering a fight.

rhino the radial blast (knocks targets off thier feet) is a great cc when trying to take down a hvy among a bunch of grunts

ps:anchents are easier to kill so they give less

Edited by V1RTU5

Most of these ancient infested are a "problem" if you're facing more than one, but I think it's fine as it is, we don't need squishy enemies all around, we've got Corpus for that :P

Personally I find the Ancient Toxic dudes to be more of a problem than Disruptors, going right through your shield and melting down your health. And the Healers are quite the pain in the arse when you're being zerged by a relatively large group with their funky beam that interrupts you every now and then, it becomes spammy if there's more than one Healer. On the other hand, Disruptors just charge around and instakill your shields with a single beam thingy which also deals a small amount of health damage, other than that they're pretty useless I think. I find it relatively easy to take down a Healer or a Disruptor with only using melee, about 3 charged attacks and they're down, yet you can't even get close to the Toxic dudes, what a bother.

...theyre fine as they are.

shoot the boot, they go down fast.

it also varies as to what warframe youre using AND your warframe level in relation to theirs.

if youre a level 10 fighting level 30 enemies youre gonna have problems.

edit;

@chath

aim for the boot, i told you that last time we ran an infected map. i also said use an automatic rifle because ancients are bullet sponges.

So an enemy that requires you to use a certain type of weapon is "fine"?

A thing that most people haven't noticed is that, as long as you are under the "effect" of the disruptors attack (Where you see the screen being all whacky and distorted) ANY energy you pick up will be drained instantly aswell. Pretty broken indeed

Disruptors are a joke as long as you kite / stunlock them. Usually the latter seeing how a lvl1 melee charged attack staggers them. Of course staying in melee range when theres more than one around is just suicidal. And as stated above: aim for the boots with any half-decent rifle and they die relatively fast for an 'elite'. 3 and above in a group can be a challange, but anything below that is just a dmg sponge.

Disruptors are a joke as long as you kite / stunlock them. Usually the latter seeing how a lvl1 melee charged attack staggers them. Of course staying in melee range when theres more than one around is just suicidal. And as stated above: aim for the boots with any half-decent rifle and they die relatively fast for an 'elite'. 3 and above in a group can be a challange, but anything below that is just a dmg sponge.

Kiting, sure, but they use thier charge to come after you. And thier melee attack is very hard to dodge if you are within range.

I've been encountering dozens of these things (not at once obviously), and they keep beeing the ones who charge in before the horde does. That is really annoying since that won't give you enough time to take the big one out or the small ones. Not to mention that more AD's (Ancient Disruptors) very often spawn in the midst of fights. I've had several experiences when I've been fighting one off as well as a horde, checking behind me and seeing a path without any enemies, turning back and shooting/meleeing for about 2-4 seconds before getting pummeled from behind by an AD and died almost instantly becouse of the "go down to 0" attack. This is why they need to be nerfed. At least to a flat amount or percentage of current amount.