Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ancient Disruptors

ThetaL0L

Most of these ancient infested are a "problem" if you're facing more than one, but I think it's fine as it is, we don't need squishy enemies all around, we've got Corpus for that :P

Personally I find the Ancient Toxic dudes to be more of a problem than Disruptors, going right through your shield and melting down your health. And the Healers are quite the pain in the arse when you're being zerged by a relatively large group with their funky beam that interrupts you every now and then, it becomes spammy if there's more than one Healer. On the other hand, Disruptors just charge around and instakill your shields with a single beam thingy which also deals a small amount of health damage, other than that they're pretty useless I think. I find it relatively easy to take down a Healer or a Disruptor with only using melee, about 3 charged attacks and they're down, yet you can't even get close to the Toxic dudes, what a bother.

I agree with this. In my case I've experienced some very bad situations where multiple Toxics + multiple Healers got me, which made me use even 2 revives no mather how strong are you. And as more infested missions I enter, there are more and more Toxics+Healers and some Disruptors that spawn each time, where I face them from some high spot or simply escape... Well, besides their dmg to Sh/HP they should nerf their spawn, cuz its really pain in the &#! when I pass whole mission, going to the end, and then multiplied ambush by those guys!

Aim at their legs? I never knew, gonna keep that in mind from now on

Their shins/boots, specifically. The 'head' is also a weak spot, but it lurches about a lot during their attack animations so it can be harder to hit with slower-firing weapons unless you time your shots carefully.

Shooting the legs of the commons is also effective if you just want to slow them down and don't care about kills. A powerful shot to the legs can destroy the leg it hit, causing the infested to topple over and have to crawl. It works on any of the basic three, and it's hilarious just watching tip them forward and faceplant into the floor like a sack of potatoes.

Edited by Arcalane

This topic's been addressed to death ( Ieven made one myself regarding the 100% energy absoprtion) and is honestly one of them I'm gonna shrug at, and say "What the Devs do in the end, we'll just have to deal with". All I'm worried about if they don't change the current system, is the influx of topics like this one that are going to appear when the game is released officially; if it's this bad in closed beta, hoo boy, these threads are gonna be among the 'hot' ones near constantly.

My strategy for dealing with them right now is to make sure you have a shotgun with freeze damage equipped for Infestation missions. It's not ideal, but slowing down hoardes and ancients alike makes them somewhat easier to evade (especially since being knocked over by a leaper when there's a disruptor or two around can be very @(*()$ frustrating), and the bullet spray ensures every bullet will count when aimed at a crowd. Personally if I can't take them down from a distance with my multi-shot Latron, my Bronco sidearm with freeze damage does the trick; it's essentially a sawn off, with near instantaneous reload and some hefty firepower at close-range. The Bronco's been the one pistol that's been with me damn near the whole game and I still love it to death.

P.S. On that note, why does it take the Tenno so long to recover from being knocked over! I get the initial stun-period is tactical, but at least give them some kinda cool kick-flip recovery move, as opposed to the typical push-up. D:

P.P.S. Idea for topic!

Edited by Swizzlestix

Personally, my strategy for Ancients is to just Slash Dash them, then turn around and Slash Dash them again, with my Excalibur, and if that doesn't work, stun-lock them with electrical damage, and whittle them down.

That said, though, what I wouldn't mind is for a variety of Infected enemies that are basically corrupted Tenno, like the Nemesis from Dark Sector. They might need to be (mini-)bosses, though.

one on one, it's easy.

3 disruptor at once? Run, Forrest, run.

Yes, that is what needs to be done. Unless I really feel like dying that is. I started this thread because I think the devs need to notice this. If they don't think a change needs to be done they won't, all I'm saying is that it seems like 50% think they need nerf/change and 50% that they are fine as they are.

It is completly up to them what they want to do, but I for once recommend that some sort of change is made. Either a fixed amount of drain or a high percentage of maximum or current. There have been plenty of arguments tossed around about why they are simple/hard, but this is my oppinion and that's why I started the thread.

Ok, as this is an "Ancient" related topic I decided to post my opinion after few missions against Infested.

1. Disruptors are easy to kill solo, got no issues with them even with 3-4 AT THE SAME TIME. Just hack n slash them with heavy melee.

IMHO Ancient Disrupters dont need any immediate or serious balancing. You just need to have skill to kill. :P

2. Ancient Healers, ditto, bring 'em on.

3. Toxic Ancients. Now here is what I found out. THEYRE COMING OUT OF THE WALLS! GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!

Seriously, 7 toxic ancient (levels 13-15) at the same time? On a solo mission? How about no?

Their reach seems to be overpowered, they keep on sprinting after me all the time. Not to mention that in closed spaces they are a nightmare due to their poison cloud. Devs please look into their spawning frequency? Or at least balance their hit points to be a bit lower if they spawn like mad.

Also I'd like to point out I've been kicking Infested ..butt --Do they even have butts?...-- for the past hours, both today and yesterday and I did NOT bump into any Disrupters or Healers at all, constantly Toxic Ancients here.