Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bosses Should Not Drop Common Loot, Ever. ><

Mavor

So Ive been playing for a couple weeks now with some friends - really love the game, like love it *alot*. But man, being rewarded with ONLY a common material drop from a boss that took time and effort to get to and kill is a real slap in the face. Specially several times in a row. Really saps your motivation to continue bothering with it.

I was always under the impression that defeating a boss was supposed to reward your efforts, not laugh at you as you pocket your 20 polymer bundles... ><

Once you level more, they wont take time nor effort to kill.  Then you just run it again in 2 minutes for the rare drop.  No big deal.  Guaranteed drops are not good in a game like this.  Just think back to the 100% Cronus BP drop...(oh god how my wallet loved it).

Once you level more, they wont take time nor effort to kill.  Then you just run it again in 2 minutes for the rare drop.  No big deal.  Guaranteed drops are not good in a game like this.  Just think back to the 100% Cronus BP drop...(oh god how my wallet loved it).

so what'

rushing hydra now in under 2min (did it with 1min and 52 per run with loki)

getting 4500 credits AND 1 drop (mod, item or banshee stuff)

Sorry but Ive been running bosses almost nonstop since Update 8 and the number of common materials has seemingly increased alot. Not to mention we now have ampules dropping as well (in place of other loot) and they are useless to folks who arent in a clan. So being able to get to and kill a boss in a few minutes doesnt matter if you get useless or next to useless loot every time you try. Thats just not fun. (and I LIKE grindy games like this...)

Mind you I dont mind the rare stuff being rare, thats the point - but getting items as a 'reward' that I either cannot use or can easily get a ton of on the way to the boss is just silly.

Edited by Mavor